New material from Nintendo (of Japan) press release.

deuxhero

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/22/a-look-at-fire-emblem-awakenings-dual-system-and-class-change-features/

http://andriasang.com/con0d6/fire_emblem_screens/

Most new stuff is this in this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mFbQuGP15oc

Gaia has lethality and Vake promotes to hero.

I think MU is promoted in this video too, he uses a skill and he has some armor (A breast plate and kneepads) we don't normally see him with (unless he normally has that in battle).

Edited by deuxhero

Anyone else slightly amused that Vake stops being shirtless at promotion? Of course this actually makes a lot of sense as well since it looks like he gets actual protection.

Edited by Ryan7556

Anyone else slightly amused that Vake stops being shirtless at promotion? Of course this actually makes a lot of sense as well since it looks like he gets actual protection.

I was disappointed. >_>

So, I wonder what the MU promotion is called?

Strategist is described as a rookie Tactician. . . so, just Tactician? lol

Either way, I think it looks pretty cool, and I dig the bow "why yes, I did just electrocuted you to a crisp, and now I bid you adieu"

War God.

...Couldn't resist. Something like Tactician will probably end up being the case, though.

Tactician sounds way too plain, but it'd be a nice throwback to FE7.

It doesn't help that Strategist and Tactician mean basically the same thing--I think some sites even translate MU's initial class as Tactician.

Hopefully it's not going to be Thief and Rogue all over again... (For reference, Thief and Rogue basically mean the same thing in Japanese, and Sothe's Rogue class actually uses the Kanji they'd normally use for the Thief class, which led to people thinking he was still a Thief in FE10 for a short while).

It doesn't help that Strategist and Tactician mean basically the same thing--I think some sites even translate MU's initial class as Tactician.

Actually, they are different. A strategist is someone who makes plans before a battle - they deal with logistics or choose a favorable location to battle and are usually far from from the front lines. A tactician, on the other hand, is someone who directs units on the battlefield telling them from where they should attack for instance.

Actually, they are different. A strategist is someone who makes plans before a battle - they deal with logistics or choose a favorable location to battle and are usually far from from the front lines. A tactician, on the other hand, is someone who directs units on the battlefield telling them from where they should attack for instance.

Actually sounds fitting for a promotion then.

Tactician sounds way too plain, but it'd be a nice throwback to FE7.

Hopefully it's not going to be Thief and Rogue all over again... (For reference, Thief and Rogue basically mean the same thing in Japanese, and Sothe's Rogue class actually uses the Kanji they'd normally use for the Thief class, which led to people thinking he was still a Thief in FE10 for a short while).

Off topic, but imagine if he'd been a level 1 thief with those stats 0_0

Anyway, from what was said about the difference between tactician and strategist, I could see it going either way. In one sense, a strategist needs to deal with planning a lot more things, and taking more uncertainty into account. A tactician would have to be better with dealing with things on the spot. Eh, we'll see what happens.

although, that's pretty fitting for both pre-promote and promotion, eh?

Maybe we'll be called a Commander, or something. . .

I think it might be that strategist and tactician could be the same word in Japanese, or something. I don't know Japanese other than reading Kanji, so I can't really say, but it's possible.

Aw man.... I like shirtless Vake. Maybe if he can go Warrior, he'll still be shirtless?

Promoted MU looks pretty cool also. Maybe he regains his memory in order to promote?

We need to learn more about Gaia but he looks like your basic thief/assassin.

Technically, you should be able to easily call MU Ike or Micaiah. At least in the jap version.

Though unlike FE12, we won't be able to make semi-perfect Ike lookalikes this time around.

Technically, you should be able to easily call MU Ike or Micaiah. At least in the jap version.

Though unlike FE12, we won't be able to make semi-perfect Ike lookalikes this time around.

Likely deliberately because Ike will optionally join your party a la DLC?