Rate the Unit, Day 22: Astohl

Will you be taking advantage of RNG abuse to say that Gonzales' skill doesn't matter as well?

They're two different things. You have the information available to guarantee the desert item find. You don't have the information available to guarantee Gonzales hitting (unless you peek into the RN state with a lua script, or you memorize the list of RNs generated by the LSFR and can advance them in your head, but the former is very obviously cheating and the latter is not practical to do). The third option is to repeat a known sequence of actions yielding good RNs for Gonzales, but you had to find those first either through the lua script or by brute forcing your way through the chapter.

I suppose fourth option would be that you know how to perform the LSFR algorithm in your head given the initial RN state of 8 56 21, but who the fuck would do that

gonna give astohl a 6/10 because i like his combat

Edited by dondon151

Probably the best thief in the game, even if Chad has a slight availability lead. Takes hits decently and dodges a lot, and that combined with thief utility makes him excellent at his job. He's also pretty awesome.

8.5/10 (with bias)

Edited by Cosmic_Harold

Astol's probably the best thief, which is great in a game where stat boosters are buyable and thus every gald matters. He has a good starting level with decent bases, and he joins right before axeland so he can get some easy levels there to further his durability lead over the other thieves.

9/10

Astohl...that guy...(i really dont know a lot about him)

Pros:

Steals junk.

Has something resembling durability.

Higher level.

High speed.

Can actually damage junk if he like, wants to.

Cons:

Cant promote. (balls)

This dude is probably the best thief in the game. Im assuming this much because i havent used Cath but shes a pain to recruit and has a low base level and shiz. Astohl can like, damage things and take a hit without getting his clock cleaned. Being able to survive stuff is awesome. Its a crying shame he cant promote because it looks like this guy could make a decent Assassin. :(: Stupid FE6 and its not having thief promotion items.

8/10. Chad is probably...no, most likely getting the bench when Astohl shows up. When you are gonna need thief utility, this guy is the one yer gonna deploy from that point on.

Ashtol is much better than Chad or Cath, and is the only thief worth using once he shows up. I did a debate with Barth where I insisted Ashtol was getting an A support with him which made for a hilariously inept argument on my part. I'll always appreciate him for that.

7.0 Probably with bias because why not?

Nearly forgot about today's RTU.

Astohl, the one decent Thief in this game. He can take hits and can dish out some damage as well, where needed. Plus chest and door picking, as well as thieving, comes as standard.

A solid replacement for Chad. Just a shame that he can't promote, because he would make for a pretty solid Assassin.

75%.

The most solid thief in the game. He always gets a spot on my team; he doesn't need any experience, since he starts off pretty strong, and like the other thieves, he has no potential. But swordlock isn't as bad in this game, his damage isn't terrible, and anyone who can sit on a mountain and laugh at dragonknights is OK with me.

7.5/10