Who else is going to try to use every unit?

I know I will if the game makes it to Australia. I think I'll form a main group of units to participate in story-based missions while I'll train the other units in skirmishes mostly for the lulz, although I'll probably replace units in my main group if another one in my skirmish group exceeds them (and if I like them). cool.gif

Depending on the number and quality of them, I just might give it a shot. Radiant Dawn had a way of forcing the use of each unit for specific chapters, so if it's like that I'll at least try out each unit and get a feel for their strength and stuff.

I know I will if the game makes it to Australia. I think I'll form a main group of units to participate in story-based missions while I'll train the other units in skirmishes mostly for the lulz, although I'll probably replace units in my main group if another one in my skirmish group exceeds them (and if I like them). cool.gif

Australia = EU = we are getting the game :D

I would probably do it in the sense of whenever their free deployment is--either decide is awesome and use, or use for the chapter/forced deployment period and then bench. Unless I do themed runs, I'd be very hard-pressed to use statistically bad units that I don't favor personality-wise unless it's as a part of a thematic run.

Which means probably all female units will get to see use at one point since I like doing all girls runs.

Not me, there's only room for so many and there are a number of units that I don't like (Frederick, Mariabel) or might not be using for other reasons (I can see myself only using one of Sumia and Tiamo, for example).

Not in one run, no. At least, not during the main story. No patience for grinding.

Postgame will probably be another story, assuming it exists and is thoroughly complete.

Not me, there's only room for so many and there are a number of units that I don't like (Frederick, Mariabel) or might not be using for other reasons (I can see myself only using one of Sumia and Tiamo, for example).

Bahhh I wouldn't worry about it bro. I'm sure you'll plan for at least 6 months after it gets released, getting as many testamonials from as many people as possible before wading into the murky waters of "strategizing in a strategy game". Then after getting a bad RNG roll and actually being hit by an enemy, you'll take many moons to repent of the error in your intense calculations, eventually leading you to a timid second attempt, which will also result in less than perfection, soon repeated many times over until eventually you give in to the despair of all those who foolishly try to play a strategy game and use actual strategy. I have no doubt though... within the next four years, you may eventually beat the game at least once, maybe getting at least to the 70% mark, but only time shall tell.

fe1b1_advice-animals-memes-animal-memes-yet-hes-still-winning-in-mario-party.jpg

Edited by Klokinator

Oh I am definitely going to use all the units. In Blazing Sword, I did my best at Arena Abuse (mind you it was ROM) to try to get most of them promoted. By the Final Chapter, I had most of my team Lv 17-Lv 20.

Sacred Stones, I got everyone to Level 20 thanks to the Tower and Ruins. If the Arena was available on the map, I would have used it too.

Radiant Dawn, I did my best to get everyone to Third Tear, but some of them didn't get the chance, like some from Micaiah's group.

I want to use all the units in Awakening, especially to see which ones I'll use for the Link.

if there's hopless units, like meg then no :P

Hey, Meg can become a great unit if you play her right. I forged her a pretty good sword and also gave her the Brave Sword. Not to mention that by her Third Tier, she had maxed out her speed and almost her defense. She's a pretty good unit if you try hard. Fiona was tough too, but I managed to get her up there in Strength and Skill. Gave her Adept and Vantage and it worked in my favor.

wait is this topic about leveling all the units up or just to use them once or twice? :P

You're right, I apologize.

It would be pretty awesome if you could use them all in some kind of special map with 100+ enemies.

I interpreted it to mean all the units over x playthroughs. There's simply not enough slots unless you do skirmishes or something which I personally don't like.

Unless it's a situation like low-level rotation.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

It's a specific type of playthrough where you must deploy your lowest-levelled units (promoted count as 20+n) by ascending order. Higher level units, such as prepromotes, would not see deployment until late in the game.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

It's a specific type of playthrough where you must deploy your lowest-levelled units (promoted count as 20+n) by ascending order. Higher level units, such as prepromotes, would not see deployment until late in the game.

Oh yeah, I did that once in Sacred Stones.

Do you have Trainees go first at all times?

Bahhh I wouldn't worry about it bro. I'm sure you'll plan for at least 6 months after it gets released, getting as many testamonials from as many people as possible before wading into the murky waters of "strategizing in a strategy game". Then after getting a bad RNG roll and actually being hit by an enemy, you'll take many moons to repent of the error in your intense calculations, eventually leading you to a timid second attempt, which will also result in less than perfection, soon repeated many times over until eventually you give in to the despair of all those who foolishly try to play a strategy game and use actual strategy. I have no doubt though... within the next four years, you may eventually beat the game at least once, maybe getting at least to the 70% mark, but only time shall tell.

No, cram it. Seriously.

Oh yeah, I did that once in Sacred Stones.

Do you have Trainees go first at all times?

I personally don't play LLR since I dislike most underleveled characters, but in theory, not sure what you mean by going first. If you mean deployment, they have first priority. If you mean actually going in battle, whoever is deployed is all fair game.