Famitsu info 28/3 - Anna, SpotPass (full scans)

VincentASM

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, if "Trickster" has anything beyond sword use (If it didn't, I don't think she would have a unique class), Anna would be great for SSB4 now that she is playable.

It's not unique; it's one of the Thief promotions alongside Assassin. Presumably, the way the Picklock skill is being handled makes FE8's Rogue class entirely unnecessary, so Trickster is replacing it with other abilities. I recall some people suggesting that it might use swords and tomes, which makes sense now: if Dark Knights use axes, which is the most likely possibility, it would complete the set.

Trickster: Sword/Tome

Dark Pegasus: Lance/Tome

Dark Knight: Axe/Tome

Valkyrie: Sword/Staff

Falcon Knight: Lance/Staff

Battle Monk / Cleric: Axe/Staff

Bolded are confirmed. Valkyrie hasn't even been mentioned in name, let alone in weapons, but with Troubadour needing two promotions and Tomes being a single weapon type, I don't think there's any question that the class will show up under some name.

Assuming Strategist is excluded from the group as an MU-exclusive class, this all should fit.

Perhaps to add more variety to the Magic selection? Wind will be accurate, but weaker, Fire will be balanced, and Thunder will most likely be powerful, but inaccurate. Look at the prices. Thunder is the most expensive, so it must have more power.

It's never had differences substantial enough to work before. Also, Thunder was the most expensive in FE10, but also the weakest.

FE0 did have some good ideas, though: Wind was effective against pegasi and birds, Fire was effective against beasts, and Thunder was effective against dragons. It just utterly failed because pegasi and laguz were rare as enemies and almost nonexistent as enemies when you had access to the elemental magic to fight them. As long as different flying enemies and monsters are commonplace around FE13, though, it could work: Wind could kill pegasi and perhaps griffins, while Thunder could kill Dragon Knights and any actual enemy dragons that show up. Fire could lack an effective bonus and just be good on its own, or be effective against whatever it is that Beast Killer is meant to slay. Chances are, something along these lines is what the game is going for, and if implemented, chances are, the enemies really will be distributed well enough for it to work.

Even if Anna sucks, I'm using her. She is a pre-promote ;_;

I'm rather curious to the availability of change proofs. Now we can use our manaketes without using op their stone.

Manakete->DracoKnight FTW

There are no inherent problems with characters just from them starting at a higher level than others, so where's the problem?

I'm curious about how Manaketes will be handled with reclass. Chances are, they'll be treated as a special case: She'll be able to swap from Manakete --> Mage / Dragon Knight, then say she goes to Mage and promotes to Sage, and she could swap again to Dark Knight / Manakete / Dragon Master / Griffin Knight. Manaketes have been treated as a special case before, so it makes sense that they could simply have a flag in the game's data marking them as a promoted version of the class: makes more sense than having a Manakete lose access to her transforming abilities permanently from class changing and promoting, unless there's an explanation for it.

I'd say you're on the right track Othin.

Trickster being able to use magic would certainly give a big incentive to use them in comparison to Rogue's when pit up against Assasin. From the looks of things, it truly seems that they are aiming for all possible weapon/magic combinations. Consolidating magic into a single category was probably done to enable this without the need for sword/anima sword/light sword/dark etc. for each combination.

What if Trickster was an optional branch of a dancer? I want the dancer to have some options too, but I bet it'll be more like the manakete we saw where it's a single class that will have other options with the class-change. A dancer with any sort of weapon or even staff would be cool.

I'd say you're on the right track Othin.

Trickster being able to use magic would certainly give a big incentive to use them in comparison to Rogue's when pit up against Assasin. From the looks of things, it truly seems that they are aiming for all possible weapon/magic combinations. Consolidating magic into a single category was probably done to enable this without the need for sword/anima sword/light sword/dark etc. for each combination.

Hm, there's a way to look at the blend. I figured they just did it because they were sticking with the blend, but that could make sense.

The main concern, the way I see it, is bows. I don't expect we'll see anything with bow/tome or bow/staff, and bow/lance seems difficult to fit in. They managed it in FE11/12 with Generals, a clear attempt at filling in the last edge of the tetrahedron, but that seemed forced, and Generals don't appear to use bows now. This is kind of a concern, with how shafted bows were in FE8: they were only used by Archers, Snipers, Rangers, and Warriors, and each class was uncommon enough that bow users turned out rather rare.

Thanks. A quick count showed 41 classes, so if any more show up, it's only a bonus.

We already know that more classes than that must exist anyway.

Lord --> ???

Strategist --> ???

Manakete

Taguel

Dancer

Cavalier --> Paladin / Great Knight

Knight --> Great Knight / General

Pegasus Knight --> Falcon Knight / Dark Pegasus

Dragon Knight --> Dragon Master / Griffin Knight

Archer --> Sniper(?) / Horseman

Mercenary --> Horseman(?) / Hero(?)

Fighter --> Hero / Warrior(?)

Brigand --> Warrior (?) / Berserker (?)

Myrmidon --> Swordmaster / Assassin

Thief --> Assassin / Trickster

Mage --> Sage / Dark Knight

Priest --> Sage / Battle Monk

Cleric --> Sage / Battle Cleric

Troubadour --> Valkyrie (?) / Mage Knight (?)

Villager (?)

Marth (?)

That looks like about 44, with the possibility of more. I don't think we'll be seeing a Dark Mage class.

What if Trickster was an optional branch of a dancer? I want the dancer to have some options too, but I bet it'll be more like the manakete we saw where it's a single class that will have other options with the class-change. A dancer with any sort of weapon or even staff would be cool.

trickster.png

Trickster is the boxed class. The class that promotes to it is Thief; the alternate promotion is Assassin.

I don't think we'll be seeing the option to have Callum, Gaia, and plenty of other characters gain Dancer abilities.

Edited by Othin

Sorry if this was already asked/mentioned (didn't read the whole thread yet), but which class can pick locks without lock picks? I really liked that skill in FE8.

Unless there are no lock picks in this game, like FE9.

Edited by AssassinRogue

Sorry if this was already asked/mentioned (didn't read the whole thread yet), but which class can pick locks without lock picks? I really liked that skill in FE8.

Unless there are no lock picks in this game, like FE9.

Thieves appear to already have this ability, so it'll almost certainly be shared with Assassins and Tricksters as well.

That would be very cool

Dancers that could fight, a la Feena~

So is Bolganone.

I think the other is named Gigawind, which IIRC was the Japanese name for Arcwind in FE10.

I recall the same. Vincent mentioned something to a similar effect a few days ago, that the Arc- spells had returned.

Combining this with the Rexcalibur sighting, I think we can assume the Tomes category will contain something to this effect as a core:

E - Wind/Fire/Thunder

D - Elwind/Elfire/Elthunder

C - Arcwind/Arcfire/Arcthunder

B - Tornado/Bolganone/Thoron

A - Rexcalibur/Rexflame/Rexbolt

Along with siege tomes and light/dark spells at various levels.

Odd that Resire is being sold, though, and at such a low price. I'm guessing we'll see it as C rank magic for all mage classes. Rexcalibur also looks a bit cheap, even knowing that it seems to be from a rare shop. If I'm reading things right, it seems its gold per use is only 76, which doesn't seem all that huge compared to Elwind's 26 at three levels lower.

For comparison, in FE10, the GPU for Wind/Elwind/Arcwind/Tornado/Rexcalibur is 18/58/98/140/450, putting Rexcalibur at just over 7.5x Elwind's price per use as opposed to FE13's being just under 3x.

Edited by Othin

I recall the same. Vincent mentioned something to a similar effect a few days ago, that the Arc- spells had returned.

Combining this with the Rexcalibur sighting, I think we can assume the Tomes category will contain something to this effect as a core:

E - Wind/Fire/Thunder

D - Elwind/Elfire/Elthunder

C - Arcwind/Arcfire/Arcthunder

B - Tornado/Bolganone/Thoron

A - Rexcalibur/Rexflame/Rexbolt

Along with siege tomes and light/dark spells at various levels.

Odd that Resire is being sold, though, and at such a low price. I'm guessing we'll see it as C rank magic for all mage classes. Rexcalibur also looks a bit cheap, even knowing that it seems to be from a rare shop. If I'm reading things right, it seems its gold per use is only 76, which doesn't seem all that huge compared to Elwind's 26 at three levels lower.

For comparison, in FE10, the GPU for Wind/Elwind/Arcwind/Tornado/Rexcalibur is 18/58/98/140/450, putting Rexcalibur at just over 7.5x Elwind's price per use as opposed to FE13's being just under 3x.

Resire's cheaper than I'd imagine it would be. Though I think Rexcaliburs price is justified because in comparison to the Brave Sword(especially given the ATK bonus A-rank Swords give) it probably wouldn't be worth buying over a Brave Sword if it was as expensive or the same price.

Edited by arvilino

Resire's cheaper than I'd imagine it would be. Though I think Rexcaliburs price is justified because in comparison to the Brave Sword(especially given the ATK bonus A-rank Swords give) it probably wouldn't be worth buying over a Brave Sword if it was as expensive or the same price.

Perhaps.

---

This is regarding an older scan, but I noticed something that may be relevant to any class considerations:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/220312C.jpg

Unpromoted Vake has 21 Str, indicating that stat caps are even more alien from what they once were. This raises the question of how the caps are going to be handled overall.

With how base stats are being used and stats always shifting around, I'm reminded of the FE4/TRS system, where caps (for core stats) were always equal to the base stat +15. I suspect we may see a similar system here. For a frame of reference, with caps apparently going up to 40, we would expect Generals to have a Defense cap of 40. Their base Def seems to be the maximum possible (core) base stat, at 15. So for promoted units, I'm willing to bet that caps are determined by base stat +25. This sort of system helps ensure that stats don't get shoved around by weirdly changing caps when changing classes, and it makes sense that it would be the sort of thing they would add in this game.

This then raises the question of unpromoted units. Their base stats seem to tend to be within the 0-7 range, sometimes more. We may see their caps being handled in the same way, ranging from 25 to over 30, but I don't think it's likely. More likely, their caps will be their base stats +15 or +20. Now, I can't find any other points of reference, but in that same image, Vake's Skl winds up at 18 as he changes to Brigand, which has a base Skl stat of 3. So if it's +15, his Skl is already capped.

I'm guessing it's one of the two, but I haven't seen anything I can use to answer it conclusively. Normally, I'd bet on +15 just for it resulting in caps similar to the 20s we're familiar with, but the notion of that capped Skl stat is strange enough to make it confusing again. So unless anyone has any other ideas, I'll just leave these as my thoughts so far.

Edited by Othin

But oh god, a dancer who is shit-tons powerful, who can front the front lines as support AND offense, is a dangerous, dangerous toy

ayra as dancer was fun too

Sounds like Inflation's dancers to me

EDIT:That shop image that they have next to Ayra's image, that's highlighting the Brave Sword, correct? If it is, then I can confirm the Hit formula is Weapon Hit + (Skill*1.5) + (Luck*0.5)

Because Skill wasn't a "meh" enough stat in the first place. With, apparently, higher caps, it might be justified, but I'm hoping it's an error in the screenshot.

On second thought, judging by the avoid, it's also 1.5x Speed + 1/2 Luck. I'd suspect some kind of possibly Biorhythm/screenshot error if it only applied to the Hit, but it definitely looks intentional.

Because Skill wasn't a "meh" enough stat in the first place. With, apparently, higher caps, it might be justified, but I'm hoping it's an error in the screenshot.

On second thought, judging by the avoid, it's also 1.5x Speed + 1/2 Luck. I'd suspect some kind of possibly Biorhythm/screenshot error if it only applied to the Hit, but it definitely looks intentional.

I've looked into several other screenshots, and other people have looked into even more. They all seem to line up with that formula both for Hit and for Avoid. There's no question about it.

And at least it doesn't shaft Skl as much as in FE11/12. I guess they just decided they liked these numbers more. What's really screwed is Luck.

Edited by Othin