Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

I should probably be quoting things and responding to them in this post, but its late and Im tired and I havent been on here recently and I just need to get stuff down on the internet.

Sorry for my crappy activity, Last two weeks of school means I have tons of crap due and almost no free time.

BBM - noob town

Shinori - crazy town.

Manix - prior reviver claim logic

Kay - neutral, decent posts imo

Aurora - almost too neutral imo. Don't really have a strong read on you.

Excellen - Spike was lower neutral, a little iffy though

Snike - Honestly not much of a read

TinyImp - Iris had like no activity so thats kinda sketchy, not that I can talk.

Kaoz - I gave my opinion on you fully earlier, doesn't seem like you.

Eclipse - Either I have you figured out as for sure town or I have you figured out as for sure mafia.

That is in order of popcorn character claim whatever too. Starting at bottom.

I'll try and contribute more tomorrow hopefully.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBM, JUST FOR YOU!

It's far too early to be doing it, and I can't see the town gaining anything useful from it.

Repeat this to yourself until it sinks in. What use are a bunch of character names to the town?

Clips - Null read, which worries me.

Because I didn't vote for you seriously? I apologize for not ACTIVELY PUSHING for a lynch, but there's a reason for this.

Clipsey!/eclipse - asdf something really doesn't seem right about her. She's not doing much at all to actually create discussion, and this isn't even "Oh, Clipsey's not half the game" not creating discussion, it's that she's doing nothing but occasionally sniping at a few things and pressuring people early in the phase. I'm just not getting the sense that she has much of an actual opinion on anything, either. Plus I don't like how suspicious she seemed to be of Paperblade combined with her scumlist making it sound like Snike hasn't done anything of note. Which he hasn't, but as much as I wanted to hear what he has to say, it doesn't mean he gets a blank slate.

As opposed to parking my vote on the wagon du jour right before phase ends, right? Or otherwise echoing everyone's opinions about everyone else?

Snike has his hands full with RL stuff, so that's why I want to wait and see what he says. I think I know what was up with Paperblade, but I'm not saying it here, later, postgame, or ever. If he wants to talk about it, he can (which has nothing to do with this game, and thus does not constitute as OC). Those of you who hang out regularly in the mafia channel might know what I'm talking about.

Eclipse - I... can't pull anything for this. I guess it's because she's taken more of a back seat in this game, so it's a lot more difficult to read her compared to previous games.

I guess this is my cue to be more aggressive? Hell, I can start with the next person.

Eclipse- I'll borrow a phrase that Kay used to describe me: "He's said some suspicious things, some pro-town things, and he's I'm too new for me to use meta." The main thing I find suspicious is how adamant you are that claiming characters will help only mafia. If we're to believe what Manix said about him being Garet, I would never think of Garet being a Reviver because anyone can use the Tomegathericon, and IIRC, none of Garet's actual class options can learn Revive. Nor would I have pegged Felix as a Tracker.

What did YOU learn from Manix's claim?

This information neither helps nor hurts me. I don't know is what other tricks the mafia has. What may seem like useless information to you (assuming you're town) may be extremely useful to someone else, and you'd best hope that "someone else" is on your side.

eclipse - Neutral here, I don't know, Has been weirdly inactive for part of the game, more active than me this cycle and i believe cycle 2 as well. I'm bad at this reading thing.

. . .and if everything goes according to RL plans, I'm gonna be inactive for the next couple of days. My laundry is more important than this game.

I'm strongly objecting to something (the popcorn claim), and this means that I don't have an opinion. I'd like it if people were to read what I'm trying to do, even if I'm not constantly objecting to every little thing and then some.

Eclipse - Either I have you figured out as for sure town or I have you figured out as for sure mafia.

Make up your mind. :P:

If I must claim, I will, but I'd rather not. . .but if I do claim, you guys had best listen to what I say afterwards, because we're running out of time.

Kaoz- He pushed kind of hard for Manix C2... But he was also the one who suggested we claim characters, and he was fine with saying his character name first if people thought him one of the scummiest- that doesn't seem very scummy to me. It would put him at a pretty serious disadvantage if he was mafia.

Wait, did I miss something? I don't remember Kaoz suggesting that. You do have a point about that not being very scummy of him, though.

RTFT. I am skeptical of the claims that there are 2-3 revivers in this game. You're not helping your case.

Well, what do you think Flash, Dew, Quartz, and Tinder would do, then? Balance aside, I think it's quite likely that a lot of Djinn had reviver abilities. The question is just how many got picked. A better argument would be that it's strange for anyone to have Reviver as their role in addition to that. And I do think the flavor for that is sorta odd-sounding.

##Unvote (Kaoz) because he's starting to look somewhat more okay.

##Vote: Snike because I still don't like him either, and there's not much of anywhere else that my vote would help right now, and I don't want the mafia to be able to mess with the lynch with any vote changing stuff.

Excellen, make yourself useful as soon as possible, please. If you have time to post that you need to read the thread, you probably have time to skim a page or two and give us a few initial opinions.

Oh crap invisible posts!

Excellen has two modes: Fall off the face of the planet and post in the next three hours. I hope he's not in the former mode.

Much as I'd love to, I'm about to head off to bed. So, without looking back, Marth was lynched and Prims died on C1; Rapier was lynched and Bizz died on C2. This is C3, and there's an issue of character claiming going around (I'm against this because I don't see what the town has to gain from it). Also, opinions all over the place. Your former incarnation was kidnapped last cycle, too.

I might have time to do a proper summary tomorrow, but that's gonna be well after the phase ends. The phase ends while I'm at work.

Repeat this to yourself until it sinks in. What use are a bunch of character names to the town?

If someone has to character claim and they say they're Isaac, and someone else says that they are Isaac, we know that one of the two must be mafia. And I'll turn the question around on you. What use are a bunch of character names to the mafia? Felix, for example, is the main character of Golden Sun 2- he didn't have a particularly strong role. Hell, the role had only a small connection to his character in the game. They won't be able to figure out who has the strongest roles from the character names.

Also, at least a chunk of the people here haven't played Golden Sun. If any of them are scum, how effectively are they going to be able to make up the name of a character they don't know? They could go to a guide or something, but there's still a greater probability of someone tripping up.

It benefits the mafia a hell of a lot more. I know nearly nothing about GS, but let's say someone claims a character who is very obviously a healer in-game. What does that tell the mafia? In all likelihood, that person is safeguard/doc, awesome kill.

In addition, it's entirely possible mafia has a bunch of fakeclaims provided to them (You may not know this, so I'll let it slide.) In other words, character claiming means mafia picks at their available claims and uses them, done.

If someone has to character claim and they say they're Isaac, and someone else says that they are Isaac, we know that one of the two must have a good reason to not want to claim their true role. And I'll turn the question around on you. What use are a bunch of character names to the mafia? Felix, for example, is the main character of Golden Sun 2- he didn't have a particularly strong role. Hell, the role had only a small connection to his character in the game. They won't be able to figure out who has the strongest roles from the character names.

Corrected. You know... Mia would be the dead give away for doc per example. Every maf player in this game should at least have checked the golden sun wikia by now if they havent played the games.

Mia as the Doctor is probably the only example. I went through all the other Adepts and I couldn't think of an obvious role for any of the other ones.

But whatever, if you guys all think it'll help the mafia more, I'll let it go.

Excellen and TinyImp, have either of you formulated any opinions yet?

So, is it just me, or am I being bloody lynched by two OMGUSes and Meta/inactivity on the person I subbed in for?

If the meta was that incriminating, why wasn't I lynched last cycle? I mean, really, I'm being called 'inactive' and/or 'not saying much', when in the past cycle and a half I have contributed 75% (Now 80% with this post) of pre-sub Iris' post count all game, excluding the posts of my sub. And most of those posts are opinions/reasoning. Yet who's the one getting singled out?

I'm clearly behind the times on a 'solid' lynch, though, so carry on.

late night summary of the game up till now.

C0:

Prims kicks things off with a manix vote, bizz is told to do her spanish homework. Prims then erronously refers to cycle 1 as D1 and then votes kay. Straw wants people to claim as soon as the game starts, suspects Manix because he seems to know the set up. Prims changes his vote to Rapier, Marth defends him when he hasn't been properly attacked for his voting and then tries to take shit back and wants to wait for phase end without voting.

eclipse, bless her soul, comes in and votes JB and then kay votes spike, both for inactivity(it's C0 you fuckers lay off). Shinori mistakes C0 for C1, Prims then forgets it;'s C0 also. Rapier thinks there's nothing to discuss on C1. Tempers rise and eclipse reminds us that it's fucking C0 so everyone should calm the fuck down. Kay unvotes and eclipse shares with us her thoughts on several players. Cycle 0 ends after 8 and a half pages or 145 posts which is just fucking ridiculous.

C1

Prims shares with us that he was role blocked, BBM tells us his role didn't work... somehow... Bizz tells us Prims is semi-clear because she confirmed his role. Prims starts voting off again with Rapier vote, claiming he is trying to blend in by posting but not saying anything with regards to the game. Also believes Bizz is most likely town. Shinori tells us he didn't do his night action and wants to talk about Djinns(why would you do that it's useless, also giving maf more info). Then BBM says he wants to know what all the Djinn might do. (again why) Names Kite and tells us it might give someone two turns(of what).

Spike tells us he also suspects Rapier. Bizz goes to bed. Shinori tells us he didn't send in his night action for C0. Paperblade votes BBM. JB votes Spike(hey don't voe me you fucker!) PB calls Bizz for some more information. BBM reminds us he wasnt the first to ask for talk on Djinn, telling us he was just trying to figure out what some of them might do. PB votes BBM AGAIN, then switches to Shinori. BBM votes Shinori.

SSTS tells us he wanted to vote BBM but then thought lolnoob, tells us Shinori is being suspicious for pretty much the same things BBM does and for some reason he doesn't vote BBM because noob but votes Shinori because not noob? Doesn't make sense.

Marth says it's stupid for townies to talk about their roles when someone has already softclaimed roleblocker. Defends spike, who isn't really under attack. Attacks Shinori without voting. Shinori tries to defend himself but didn't read the rules. Rapier then votes Shinori. Spike votes Rapier. BBM claims he started to type his djinn talk post before shinori even posted. Nice inconsistency there. And then he tells us he wanted to talk about Djinn because he wanted to know what kind of powers the mafia might have!

Prims is IIRC the first one to say that Shinori might not be acting intelligently, he does read town. (which I agree with). Then votes Marth because he supports both wapons but doesn't want to get his hands dirty on a vote. Shinori drops a vote on Manix for inactivity.(why didn't anyone on Iris?) Eclipse votes Rapier for being an ass. Manix tells us he idled C0 and votes Rapier. Bizz gets up and votes Rapier as well because he's pushing her for info.

Straw unvotes Shinori. Rapier defends himself by saying bizz looked scummy because she -looked- scummy and hates manix for voting him. Bizz switches to Marth. Manix unvotes, Shinori unvotes, Rapier switches to Marth. Marth does a piss poor job of defending himself and then drops a vote on Rapier. Iris shares her thoughts which amount to nothing much, BBM unvotes. Kay votes Me.

Rapier votes Shinori in his defense. Ether comes in and bandwagons Shinori. Shinori votes Rapier. BBM votes Shinori. Marth votes Shinori. Prims switches to Manix for activity. BBM tells us Shinori is an okay vote to bandwagon because he has a weak role despite Shinori himself softclaiming a POWER ROLE and previously stating he didn't really want to lynch someone. Eclipse votes PB for activity, Iris joins the fun. Eclipse switches to the strawman for activity. I vote Marth.

Srawman says something, eclipse votes for manix then votes PB. Marth again fails at explaining himself. Shinori votes PB because he too thinks PB isn't saying much that's useful. Marth votes Bizz, ether votes marth, Bizz votes MArth, Prims votes Marth, Iris votes marth, Straw votes spike, BBM bandwagons marth as well and finally JB joins the wagon as well.

MARTH GETS LYNCHED BECAUSE OBV MAF THANK GOD YOU GUYS SAW THROUGH THAT. Also Prims killed which is unfortunate.

Thoughts after this phase: BBM for OBVMAF, Shinori and Rapier for being their usual self with some scummy on Rapier, neutral on everyone else.

C2:

BBM is surprised, Bizz mourns. Manix claims reviver. I am missing. Eclipse votes Paperblade, Kay joins. Ether tells us she had a posting restriction during C1. Paper talks and Kay drops the vote, then eclipse after some more bickering. Jaybee blows a fuse, BBM tells us what he thought the numbers are( wants to talk about Djinn AND numbers). Rapier votes Manix for I don't even care anymore. eclipse drops her vote, Strawman votes Rapier. BBM makes a post about PB sniping Marth(which seems like an oddly high level move for someone who otherwise can't tell heads from tails in this game)

eclipse votes manix as well, marth needs to shut up. Several very long posts I don't have the energy to read. Manix eclipse vote PB. Jaybee votes Manix, then unvotes after some talk, THEN votes ether for inactivity. Busy boy. Shinori unvotes, jaybee unvotes. BBM tells us Marth couldn't have used his refresh ball on C0 because...? Also not considering the possiblity of Bizz roleblocking Prims because she found him scummy.

Snike comes in, nothing really happens. Jaybe votes Ether, Snike votes Rapier, Manix votes Ether. Iris shows some activity. Everybody drops their vote on Ether because sub. Kaoz comes in, wagon on Kaoz followed by wagon on rapier. Rapier flips town, Bizz is killed and flips town also.

Thoughts after C2: Mafia smells like it's going after people who are suspicious of them. Wondering what made Rapier scummy enough for a majority vote.

C3: Things start off with a manix wagon, after that some long posts and votes here and there.

Too fucking tired right now.

Feel free to complain loudly about any errors I've made so far.

I've only formed a strong opinion on one person so far, which is BBM. Generally noob and definitely inconsistent, but at times shows some seemingly advanced stuff so I'm thinking someone in the form of a scumbuddy is holding his hand through some things.

My availability is probably not going to be great till the weekend because I'm busy at work and things.

Is that what you think of me? Interesting. Well, I'll try my best to explain away some of the inconsistencies.

I said both that I was not the first person to post about Djinn and that I started my post before Shinori. This is true. PPB said I was the first person to POST about Djinn, and that I was asking people for information and not volunteering my own. I started my post first, but since Shinori finished his first, he was the first person to actually post, and his post was the one that PPB was talking about, not mine. So in response to him, I said "I didn't post first".

And I agree that saying who has each Djinn is giving the mafia information. That was never my intention. But just figuring out what some of the Djinn might do helps everyone equally. The Djinn ability is basically like a second role. Figuring them out seemed to me like knowing "Hey, someone in the game might have the ability to revive, because some of the Djinn can do that,". Maybe that was wrong. It made sense to me at the time.

Next, Shinori softclaimed a power role to divert attention away from actual power roles. Did you miss the bit where he admitted that? That's why I said he had a weak role. And I said before that maybe a nolynch was better, and then voted to lynch Shinori, because I changed my mind. I said that too, that I realized it actually isn't a good thing to do, after reading what people said both in this thread and the Training Mafia thread I quickly read.

I said Marth couldn't have used his Refresh Ball C0 because that would clearly have been a waste? And he couldn't have C1 because he got lynched.

Also, Bizz never said that she confirmed Prims' role, just that he had been roleblocked. And she couldn't have Roleblocked him for finding him scummy because Bizz was the Tracker. Prims was the Roleblocker. And Marth had a Roleblocking Djinn. Later I hypothesized that the reason Bizz confirmed that Prims had indeed been roleblocked was because Prims tried to roleblock Bizz and Bizz reflected it back using her Djinn ability, resulting in Prims himself getting roleblocked.

Finally, I find it funny how you ended the C1 section of your post by saying "OBV MAFIA THANK GOD YOU GUYS SAW THROUGH THAT" when most of that post was about me. You had 2 lines about Marth, and one of them was based off the incorrect notion that someone had softclaimed roleblocker.

So I leave the thread for two hours, and Excellen manages to produce this.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Give me a bit of time to go over his recap.

Excellen's post helped me catch up with everything that happened, but it wasn't so helpful about scummy activity, but that's ok, thank you so much Excellen.

I'm not too sure if I want to vote this phase though, because I'm still gathering info and stuff. I'll make the decision if I'm going to vote or not before I go to bed tonight.

Excellen's post helped me catch up with everything that happened, but it wasn't so helpful about scummy activity, but that's ok, thank you so much Excellen.

I'm not too sure if I want to vote this phase though, because I'm still gathering info and stuff. I'll make the decision if I'm going to vote or not before I go to bed tonight.

You're already voting me, if that counts for anything. Mind you, I still sort of want you lynched, but, uh, a certain other sub just shot up to the top of my scumdar.

##Unvote

##Vote: Excellen

Spike's djinn change to revive claim + Excellen's Manifesto = delicious lunch. I did not like that last bit, but watch the flip laugh at me once again.