Famitsu info - Tiki & Continent of Varm

Ursula

I knew the mark on My Unit's hand had importance. I also suspected that My Unit was actually going to be associated with the bad guy so it's no surprise to me. Also, My Unit most likely will play a role in the awakening of the dark dragon.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The name's definitely Fauder as a second opinion. His OA looks awesome...I think.

Ya know, it would be great if the person who took the pic didn't use their cellphone.

With their ass. I'mma give this image a spin so that I don't have to look at it with a tilted head.

EDIT: I can barely read anything else since I have no ways to enhance this pic other than to tilt it so that it's facing a not-tilted direction. I can say that he is definitely a religious figure, and that symbol does indeed look similar to MU's mark. I note that it looks like a butterfly figure.

Easy to notice a butterfly theme going on. MU's mark, the mark of Gimrey (I won't say Gimley because it sounds too much like Gimli of dwarven fame), Marth's mask, the butterfly in that one video...

Edited by grandjackal

I love the way that guy looks.

I'm assuming he'll likely have the same class as MU, Tactician. It'll leave him with a highly dangerous skill, assuming he can gain Divine Strategists' skill. It'd make him a bit tough to deal with for all of your units if the skill works how I think it does (ie: Magic damage is dealt as well as physical: demanding resistance from both Defense and Resistance).

I love the way that guy looks.

I'm assuming he'll likely have the same class as MU, Tactician. It'll leave him with a highly dangerous skill, assuming he can gain Divine Strategists' skill. It'd make him a bit tough to deal with for all of your units if the skill works how I think it does (ie: Magic damage is dealt as well as physical: demanding resistance from both Defense and Resistance).

if he is using flux...he can't be. According the the info we already have the dark magic is a subcategory that only dark mages can use.

I knew the mark on My Unit's hand had importance. I also suspected that My Unit was actually going to be associated with the bad guy so it's no surprise to me. Also, My Unit most likely will play a role in the awakening of the dark dragon.

This...

My Unit is lying unconscious on the roadside, when they are rescued by Krom's vigilante force. Despite losing their memory

Sounds like bad guy who lost his/her memory and got rescued by good guy -stuff.

Bleh,

Edited by Serene Flight

if he is using flux...he can't be. According the the info we already have the dark magic is a subcategory that only dark mages can use.

I forgot about that. If he uses Dark Magic (and no doubt he'll have a personal tome, whatever it may be), that certainly rules out Tactician for his class. I suppose we'll have to wait and see, but I expect a really devastating skill from him. Something on the same level as Black Knight's Luna.

I forgot about that. If he uses Dark Magic (and no doubt he'll have a personal tome, whatever it may be), that certainly rules out Tactician for his class. I suppose we'll have to wait and see, but I expect a really devastating skill from him. Something on the same level as Black Knight's Luna.

If I may ask, what brings you to this theory?

If I may ask, what brings you to this theory?

Nothing in particular. I'm mainly grasping at straws based off of what I've seen from the Duel and Double systems. To make a boss that would be capable of threatening promoted Krom and MU together, they'd need some serious fire power. Most bosses have a unique weapon that helps give them an edge in Fire Emblem; I'm expecting something similar here.

As far as bosses go, Black Knight was the only one I was a bit nervous to approach due the fact that Luna activating equaled an instant death for my entire squad. I suppose you could say my whole conclusion is just me hoping for another boss as formidable as the Black Knight. Minus the solo Ike requirement of course.

Nothing in particular. I'm mainly grasping at straws based off of what I've seen from the Duel and Double systems. To make a boss that would be capable of threatening promoted Krom and MU together, they'd need some serious fire power. Most bosses have a unique weapon that helps give them an edge in Fire Emblem; I'm expecting something similar here.

As far as bosses go, Black Knight was the only one I was a bit nervous to approach due the fact that Luna activating equaled an instant death for my entire squad. I suppose you could say my whole conclusion is just me hoping for another boss as formidable as the Black Knight. Minus the solo Ike requirement of course.

As long as there is no nihil or anything like that , making skills useless like in RD endgame I'm sure we'll see some strong bosses with impressive skills.

Also on what his class is, the fact that both gargnel and valhart who are king/emperor have regular classes trickster/great knight respectively I think he'll just be the promoted dark mage class the keeps dark magic (sorcerer?)

Edited by Velth

As long as there is no nihil or anything like that , making skills useless like in RD endgame I'm sure we'll see some strong bosses with impressive skills.

Also on what his class is, the fact that both gargnel and valhart who are king/emperor have regular classes trickster/great knight respectively I think he'll just be the promoted dark mage class the keeps dark magic (sorcerer?)

Yeah....only the final boss and a subfinal/reoccurring boss usually get unique classes.

Personally, I say it would be great to have that guy and other important enemies toss out area attacks like a number of enemies in TRS, threatening entire teams. But that's probably too much to hope for.

the fact that both gargnel and valhart who are king/emperor have regular classes trickster/great knight

What makes you say that? It's not because Gangrel wields a dagger that he is obviously a Trickster (and these ones wield Swords, not daggers).

What makes you say that? It's not because Gangrel wields a dagger that he is obviously a Trickster (and these ones wield Swords, not daggers).

Compare his outfit with Anna's.

Coincidence.

These are two important characters designed by one person at one time. Coincidence is not a plausible explanation.

Although I suddenly find myself wondering: If the person doing the art for the characters didn't know he was making characters for an FE game, where the hell did returning characters like Marth, Anna, and Tiki come from?

Edited by Othin

Personally, I say it would be great to have that guy and other important enemies toss out area attacks like a number of enemies in TRS, threatening entire teams. But that's probably too much to hope for.

AoE/MAPW is something I would like to see more of in FE games, along with a squad system of some sort

Perhaps he was told to do them afterwards?

Would explain why they seem more... Fire Emblem? than the other designs.

Edited by Onmi

AoE/MAPW is something I would like to see more of in FE games, along with a squad system of some sort

Agreed. It certainly makes for more formidable foes. Hopefully they add more enemies like this in this game.

Most likely. Though he seemed to have guess it was for Fire Emblem from the get go. They probably gave him more specific instructions when it came to the returning characters.

There was FE10 which had the End-game bosses doing attacks on your entire team and while player only, the geo sphere in FE11. So there's always the chance there could be things like that in the game.

Edited by arvilino

Now that you mention it, yeah.

Which actually makes sense. Anna is a time traveler, Tiki is super-old, and Marth II is imitating someone from a thousand years earlier. (Or whatever your preferred explanation is.) So it makes sense that their designs all are more reminiscent of past styles from the Archanea time period, while the others have outfits changed to go with the differences as clothing and armor changed in the hundreds of years leading up to the Iris time period.

There was FE10 which had the End-game bosses doing attacks on your entire team and while player only, the geo sphere in FE11. So there's always the chance there could be things like that in the game.

I forgot about that in FE10. That seems to fall under the group of things they couldn't have added in the remakes, so the fact that they used it in the last previous opportunity they had indicates that they may be interested in bringing area attacks into the picture once again.

Edited by Othin