So I'm watching Full Metal Alchemist on netflix all the way through again

Erk

Got to the episode where Hughes dies.

Oh God. don't fucking cry, don't fucking cry.

I cried.

Edited by Sirius

The original? Or Brohood?

Original. His death in brohood didn't hit me as hard because it was much earlier on, not as much time to get to know the character.

Why is it referred to as the "original" when Brotherhood is the one based on the original manga? In any case, I prefer the 2003-2004 anime over Brotherhood, and Hughes death was one of the saddest moments...

btw I think there's a rule about not being allowed to put spoilers in the topic title or subtitle.

I actually just finished watching and reviewed the original series. I gave it a high score, and said Brotherhood didn't look interesting. After many people convinced me, I toprrented and watched Brotherhood, and I think Hughes' death is much sadder in Brotherhood.

Why? Because he's not as over the top stupid as in the original anime. I didn't cry on the original anime, it was sorta sad but meh, and yet in brotherhood he is more of a loving father and less of an annoying character, so I was sadder to see him go. I thought the sad part wasn't even his death, it was his daughters' disbelief at why they were burying daddy... that's so terrible.

I haven't even watched either anime. I read the manga, and I thought it was sublime. Sublima beans. Sublemon-lime.

Since the first anime went was different, it must suck, RIGHT

LOGICAL CONCLUSIONS

also kyrin i am flattered you ever considered me a friend

alchemy is powered by the souls of dead people from an alternate timeline