Fabulous FE8 Draft

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you 9 turn without wyvern vanessa o_O. I basically needed the extra con, the robe and the new dracoshield plus an elixir that tana was so kindly carrying for me and my vanessa was def blessed :/. Not to mention, I needed the move point to actually get the 2 villages and make it back to binks.

Franz recruiting Amelia got hit by an archer, who was barely reached by Artur on turn 9 (no, he wasn't meatshielding, he was recruiting, which is allowed, so no penalty for me).

Still counts as meatshielding if any of your undrafted units are attacked.

Doing it with save states would kinda defeat the purpose of the penalty for failure :/

Not really. Even if you had a cart, you would just need to not save, reload an old file, and voila! No penalty incurred for you.

Still counts as meatshielding if any of your undrafted units are attacked.

It's difficult to recruit Amelia without getting hit by something, considering that the space she stands on is covered by an archer and a hand axe fighter. I made sure to unequip Franz, not have him block any routes for the enemies, and send him down when almost nobody was there. :> I'll probably be able to swing the same turn count without it, but it's essentially the same strategy, except probably having Vanessa take on 1-2 more units as she flies towards the boss.

But if you want me to spend another 4 hours doing it because Franz got hit once...Horace, your call. You're hosting the draft. LET ME KNOW, HORACE! CANT CONTINUE DRAFT UNTIL I KNOW!

EDIT: Here's the route Vanessa took:

C9FE8Vanessa.png

Red circle: This is where Vanessa killed almost every 1-2 range and 2 range enemy in that area with a javelin. I'd just move her 1 space more down if I were forced to re-do it; then they MIGHT possibly not be hitting Franz when he recruits Amelia on like turn 7-8.

Yellow circle: Turn 8 is a javelin to take care of the archers, turn 9 is an axereaver to take care of the boss.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Or you could just...not recruit Amelia.

You have no case for needing to recruit her besides "I want more stuff". It's like me using Colm to get a free Angelic Robe in Chapter 8.

Edited by Refa

Yes, I could have skipped her, but I didn't. C9 also was a gigantic bitch to swing, and Franz got hit once, neither blocking a village nor any other character nor any route of the enemy (and specifically recruiting her from the side so the path north-ward would not be blocked). It's not like I stuck Franz in front of Eirika so he wouldn't get hit and risk dying, or in front of one of the villages so the pirate couldn't reach it.

I just really don't want to spend another couple hours getting the 9 turn again because Franz ate a rogue arrow.

You shouldve gotten the Whip and had nessie take care of those enemies before going to the boss then. :/ Rules are rules, Id just say restart. But its Horace's call.

Chapter 9 - 9/55

I CANNOT BE BROKEN!

There. Moved Vanessa one space more down and killed them. Amelia was recruited by Franz, and he was not hit by anything. I managed to use up somewhere around 36-38 uses of javelin. Wee~

UNIT 		LEVEL	HP  ST  SK  SP  LK  DF  RS   WEP LEVEL               		
Eirika   	16.95   27  18  18  20  17  05  07   A Swords
Vanessa  	16.53   35  16  18  20  13  08  07   A Lances 
Neimi    	6.59	23  08  08  09  08  07  03   D Bows
Colm 		4.58	19  05  06  12  10  03  02   E Swords   	
Artur    	11.95   24  15  11  14  06  03  11   C Light             		

Thanks.

Np, unless I misunderstand this post. If I'm going to do the draft, I'll do it right. Anyways...

Chapter 10 - 3/58

Standard w/ Vanessa. Ferry Eirika to boss, kill, cap. Eirika ORKO'd with a killing edge fairly easily, allowing Vanessa to nab a Longbow on turn 3. Now I'm on a crusade to nab as many levels for Artur as humanly possible before I promote him (much to the detriment of Colm & Neimi), which is that much harder when you only have 3 turns to do so; had to throw an Angelic Robe on him to keep him alive when I threw him alone at the swarm of enemies. I might wait until Saleh joins, since you said it's possible to get A staves before Warp for Saleh. I'm keeping a battery save of this spot, though, just in case I can't.

EDIT: Screw it, I'm promoting him. Torch spam is too delicious in C11 to give up.

UNIT 		LEVEL	HP  ST  SK  SP  LK  DF  RS   WEP LEVEL               		
Eirika   	18.18   29  18  20  20  19  05  07   A Swords
Vanessa  	16.67   35  16  18  20  13  08  07   A Lances 
Neimi    	7.42	23  09  09  09  08  08  03   C Bows
Colm 		4.76	19  05  06  12  10  03  02   E Swords   	
Artur    	13.52   31  17  13  15  06  03  12   C Light             		

You interpreted correctly.

Valni 7 - 3 turns

Lute warped people places, and Moulder killed the gargoyles at the top with Purge.

Valni 8 - 3 turns

Warped cormag to the top, and others went up the sides.

18 turn Valni Clear.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I should probably finish this draft.

*one hour later*

READY FOR RUINS TIME

LAGDOU RUINS

Floor 1- 4/160 turns

Warped Tana down on turn 1, then had my army split into two, one helping Innes (!) on the top and the other helping Tana on the bottom. Good times.

Floor 2- 5/165 turns

Basically the same strategy.

Floor 3- 7/172 turns

Reinforcements were dickbutts, eta eta.

Floor 4- 10/182 turns

I'm not even trying anymore!

Floor 5- 6/188 turns

HAPPY TIME

Floor 6- 5/193 turns

HOLY WEPONS BRING 'EM OUT.

With our stars Eirika, Ephraim, Tana, and Innes taking center stage! But not's let forget Amelia and her cronies Tethys and Riev who wreck the left, nor BASE MYRRH who is the best btw who gets help from GOD SALEH and THWOMP.

See I procrastinated on finishing this draft just so I could use the term THWOMP.

BEFORE IT EVEN HAPPENED. BE CASE I ARE AM PHYSICAL.

...I need sleep.

Floor 7- 4/197 turns

I could've done this in 3 turns.

I just didn't want to.

Floor 8- 6/203 turns

This map...kind of a bitch with the dissapearing floors and all that mumbo jumbo.

Floor 9- 5/208 turns

Man, my strategy was so pro that I'll actually explain it. First, Saleh warped Tana carrying Eirika. Then he warped Riev who rescued him (because RIEV is like the only baddude who's GOOD ENOUGH TO BE ON MY TEAM seriously the rest suck balls). They procceeded to wreck the top half while everyone else took the bottom.

HAPPY TIMES.

Floor 10- 3/211 turns

It's time to end this once and for all!

Also let's look at my units, shall we? First my real units.

Eirika.png

Clutch in early game as always, tampered off a bit later on, but finally her promotion to HORSE is allowed to shine in Tower/Lagdou, where she absolutely wrecked all sorts of shit.

Gilliam.png

Quite good throughout! Shame he wasn't very useful in Creature Campaign.

Joshua.png

Early game units are always nice. He wasn't the greatest, but I'll be darned if Audulhma Joshua wasn't quite the help in DESERT MAP.

Ephraim.png

God almighty, he was great throughout the entire game, and so gooooood in Creature Campaign.

Tana.png

SAVED EVERYTHING BEST UNIT WAY COOLER THAN VANESSA

Amelia.png

Second string cavalier early on, later became absolutely fantastic in creature campaign. Not a bad last pick, if I do say so myself.

Innes.png

You just can't more more bro than him, helped out everywhere he could, who said archers were low tier?

Wait, he's a sniper.

...WELL HE'S STILL AMAZING.

Tethys.png

DANCER WAS EVEN BETTER WITH POSTGAME

Saleh.png

ALMOST AS GOOD AS TANA MAYBE EVEN BETTER LOOK AT THOSE STATS

AND BOLTING AND WARP AND PHYSIC

Myrrh.png

I did not use Myrrh until Lagdou.

She was still fantastic.

Syrene.png

Pretty useless actually.

And then Riev!

Riev.png

DAT DURABILITY

Also he's a Bishop and has the best ranks ever and some pretty good other stats and PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGE

Now onto the scrubs!

Seth.png

I thought you were supposed to be good.

Caellach.png

He seemed so much tougher way back in Chapter 15.

Orson.png

Not the best mounted unit in the world. Still beats Seth in everything except like, Luck.

Ismaire.png

Beats Joshua in everything, but her most important contribution was WIND SWORD.

Seriously, that saved my ass with it's SUPER EFFECTIVE TO FLYERS and HITS RES. Eirika made good use of it.

Hayden.png

He might actually be better than a level 10 Neimi, but he's still no match for the mighty INNES.

Glen.png

If his Speed didn't suck, he'd actually be really good.

Could also use more LUCK and RES but the Speed is really the deal breaker here.

Valter.png

Better than Glen by far but not good enough to make it onto my team.

And that's all, folks!