Any good movies/animes/etc. where you get a truly BAD end/EVIL wins, etc.?

Raven

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about 99% of all humans on Earth die, yet they make it seem like that's a happy ending because the main characters didn't...

and in the show Heroes, they also make it seem like every season ends well. though every time they "save the world", they actually set it up for a bigger disaster.

I don't really remember any "evil wins" movies, they're just too disappointing to watch.

A lot of anime endings are tragic, but not necessarily bad; and on the odd occasion that you encounter an antagonist scoring final victory, quite often they'll be able to justify what the protagonists consider to be evil actions, and the antagonist's bad guy status results only from subjectivity on the protagonist's part.

[spoiler=some suggestions]

Chrono Crusade

Casshern Sins

Ga Rei Zero

Speed Grapher

Mawaru Penguindrum

Gurren Lagann

Silent Mobius

Higurashi

Fate/Zero

Edited by Wanda

many episodes of the sopranos

vertigo

carrie

braveheart

paths of glory

*sobs*

yh it was a grim chapter but at the same time probably the best chapter in the entire series.

it was so well written like the way he talks about

the atmosphere changing along with the music

the crappy food they were served

the loud music and drums

and how the music is still playing when everyone is getting killed

the wolf howling in the background

catelyn going bat shit insane

Edited by Aizen

It's like there's truly no anime with an awful ending where the good guy(s)/protagonist(s) that you love completely get fucked over, killed, etc.

I always though if I was to write a serious story I would give it a bad ending, because good endings are just too common.

It's like there's truly no anime with an awful ending where the good guy(s)/protagonist(s) that you love completely get fucked over, killed, etc.

I always though if I was to write a serious story I would give it a bad ending, because good endings are just too common.

Well in Yu-Gi-Oh Bond beyond time movie bad guys did win kinda :/

The card game will doom humanity (because its actually a reincarnation of ancient egyptian shadow game thingy) in the future so this one guy Paradox invents time traveling and goes back in time to kill the inventor of the game, Pegasus so that humanity would be saved. The protagonists of the movie like to play card games so they go even more back in time to kill Paradox just before he kills Pegasus. They succeed so Pegasus is not killed. The movie ends with the protagonists essentially saying "We sure hope card games won't doom the humanity, again..."

Edited by Shoptimus Prime

There's tons of literature with bad endings. They're almost always the most enjoyed too, in terms of discussions. The Stranger, A Perfect Day for Bananafish, Troilus and Criseyde--these stories are out there. So it's not really that they're uncommon; maybe you just haven't read them?

Kinda isn't good enough damnit

Besides not being a YuGiOh fan (don't rage at me), that doesn't sound interesting enough for me to watch.

You may find Devilman interesting. (spoilers further in, of course)

• 3 months later...