Any good movies/animes/etc. where you get a truly BAD end/EVIL wins, etc.?

Raven

Since everyone here is lame and listing anime like a bunch of Japanophiles (jokiiiing), I am going to list movies!

*3:10 to Yuma. I suggest the remake, because Christian Bale and Russell Crowe are amazing together. Also it was so sad ::(T:

*One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. You should watch because Jack Nicholson and this movie are amazing.

*Se7en. Just watch it.

Most horror movies with an iconic villain (Saw, Friday, you name it). I don't suggest watching these though because most suck.

*The Usual Suspects. Just plain great.

Paranormal Activity 1-3. I might suggest these, they're pretty good if you aren't a critic when watching stuff.

*American Psycho. Depends on how you interpret the movie a little bit. Either way, incredible.

Fallen. Great if you can suspend your disbelief and deal with/welcome some cheesy parts in the writing.

Bandits. I will watch anything with Bruce Willis in it. You should too!

Every Godzilla movie not in the Showa series (lol)

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head, from what I've seen. Either way, most of these movies are 10x better than any anime (I even marked the ones with stars for you!), and won't take nearly as much time to watch! So you should totally watch them.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOMEONE ELSE SAW THIS MOVIE TOO!!!!

Seriously, IRL I'm the only person who has seen this movie, and it saddens me because it's one of the best I've ever seen. Miss Citrus is right, it really is better than any anime you'll see (at least that I've seen, but I'm not quite as well versed as some of the people here so idk how moot that point is). Also, to accept her challenge and list actual movies:

Gladiator (also one of the best movies you'll ever see)

The Godfather trilogy

A Beautiful Mind

If I think of more I'll edit this post.

Also, if books that aren't manga count, I'd say To Kill A Mockingbird is a solid example.

If you're into historicals Sophie Scholl, Spartacus And the Life of Brian

Also the ending to Reservoir Dogs isn't particularly jovial but they aren't exactly good guys

Most horror movies with an iconic villain (Saw, Friday, you name it). I don't suggest watching these though because most suck.

You suck.

I take that back, Bandits was an amazing movie. However, it hardly counts because even though they were "bad guys", they were still protagonists.

Aw, it doesn't count if the bad guys are who the story follows? I guess American Psycho doesn't count either then :(:.

Well, it is Raven's request. Maybe it does count, in which case it would open up my options of recommendations widely.

Bokurano! Nobody wins! I really need to watch the anime, but I've already read the manga. Deadman Wonderland might be worth a watch, even though it's only one arc, since it's a pretty stinky ending for the good guys.

Bokurano definitely counts if spoken of anime-wise.

Unlike in the manga, where it's left open and suggested to be a tragic feature of their reality, the anime explicitly states that the entirety is just the work and entertainment of a bunch of otherworldly beings.

Haha, Excellen beat me to School Days. I woke up this morning and thought "Hey School Days had a pretty negative, shocking ending. I wonder if anyone's mentioned it yet?"

Since everyone here is lame and listing anime like a bunch of Japanophiles (jokiiiing), I am going to list movies!

*3:10 to Yuma. I suggest the remake, because Christian Bale and Russell Crowe are amazing together. Also it was so sad ::(T:

*One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. You should watch because Jack Nicholson and this movie are amazing.

*Se7en. Just watch it.

Paranormal Activity 1-3. I might suggest these, they're pretty good if you aren't a critic when watching stuff.

*American Psycho. Depends on how you interpret the movie a little bit. Either way, incredible.

Fallen. Great if you can suspend your disbelief and deal with/welcome some cheesy parts in the writing.

Every Godzilla movie not in the Showa series (lol)

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head, from what I've seen. Either way, most of these movies are 10x better than any anime (I even marked the ones with stars for you!), and won't take nearly as much time to watch! So you should totally watch them.

Of that list I've seen only Se7en and Paranormal Activity 1-2. Se7en's end was pretty negative, maybe what's worse is me being correct when I assumed what was in the box.

Edit: and any and all suggestions are welcome, whether it's a bad ending or the bad guys are the main focus of the film. Not really limiting anyone's suggestions.

Edited by Raven

Well it is top of your list, if I happen to see it for cheap while out sometime this week, I'll pick it up. And Cuckoo's Nest.

Edited by Raven

Eden lake by a long mile

Green mile

game of thrones episode 'baelor'

a certain wedding in a storm of swords book

*sobs*

I was going to say watch all of Clannad and downright stop at the end of ep 21 of After Story, but...

I would have had so much more respect for the series if they were ballsy enough to just end the story there.

The best time to end would have been Episode 18. But yeah, ending at ep 21 would still be good. But ep 22 should not have ever existed.

Also, the Mirai Nikki anime, although it's not a "EVIL wins" situation, I would say the ending is a truly bad end.

[spoiler=Mirai Nikki]The main character becomes the god of space and time, but he's stuck in a dimension with no physical world. He refuses to create a new world, and continues to grieve for the death of his loved one for ten thousand years

Many visual novels have bad ends, some of which are actually treated as actual endings (and not just bad endings that you get from wrong choices). Like Fate/Stay Night Heavens Feel Normal End, and Chaos;Head Normal End. None of them are "EVIL wins", but they're bad endings nonetheless. Fate/Stay Night Fate End might fall into that category as well.