So is tiki playable?

Could be a hidden class to avoid spoilers.(?)

When they're freely showing Great Lord, Grandmaster, Taguel, and Manakete, I don't think there's anything they'd be worried about spoiling regarding showing Chameleon.

When they're freely showing Great Lord, Grandmaster, Taguel, and Manakete, I don't think there's anything they'd be worried about spoiling regarding showing Chameleon.

Only been 1 Chameleon in the entire series. Revealing one, in a game with Tiki and Marth, would be somewhat of a giveaway.

And his recruitment dialogue confirmed that a whole land of people like him exist in the very world in which this game takes place. Whether or not the class exists, transformations are always a possibility.

They haven't shown Masked Marth's class yet. So it's possible they have more hidden classes. Or maybe it just means MM isn't a playable character.

Well, Marth himself is playable, and I would expect Marth and Masked Marth to have the same class. And it seems reasonable that Marth himself might have Lord as his class.

Also, the presence of Marth further indicates that Masked Marth will probably not be playable - along with the scene that actually shows Masked Marth and Krom damaging each other in their duel.

And his recruitment dialogue confirmed that a whole land of people like him exist in the very world in which this game takes place. Whether or not the class exists, transformations are always a possibility.

Wasn't Xane just referring to the other Manakete, though?

Since he is a dragon that got rid of his stone.

Edited by L95

Wasn't Xane just referring to the other Manakete, though?

Since he is a dragon that got rid of his stone.

http://serenesforest.net/fe11/script/chapter_16.html

Xane:

Hey there, princey. Thanks for settin' me free! The name's Xane. I hail from a land few have heard of an even fewer have seen. I won't trouble you with the details. Me and my folk have the power to transform into other people. We can shape-shift, you see. When Doluna caught on, they started threatenin' me. Told me to join their army or "face my doom." Hah!

Well, I wasn't about to waste my considerable talent on those evil coots! You, on the other hand...You've got character. Say, why don't we team up? I do owe you for savin' my hide. And I think you'll find my consider talents are...quite considerable.

Doesn't sound like he or the rest of them are Manakete.

Edited by Othin

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe3/script2_13.html

He is a divine dragon actually, but he lost his dragonstone. While its true he transforms into people, its possible he may have found it or some other plot device.

I stand corrected. Looks like either the FE11 translation was incorrect or he was lying about it for some reason.

That changes things, then. I withdraw my previous statements on the matter.

Yes. Xane is the character who was fan-translated as Chainy.

We already know that Nono is playable, and Tiki will be making an appearance as well. Adding Xane to the mix as a regular Manakete and yet another Divine Dragon would just be excessive, and quite bizarre as turning into people has always been his defining trait.

If he shows up, he'll only do so with damn good reason: almost certainly impersonating someone.

If anything, I'd bet he'd be a male Trickster : P

I'm actually still not sure what Xane's talking about in his FE1/11 recruitment dialogue. He does mention his other clansmen having the ability to transform, but I think he might be talking about transforming into dragons and not other people. I ended up omitting the "other clansman" bit in the FE3 translation to be safe.

Edited by VincentASM

I can't be assed to check Shadow Dragon's original script, and I'm by no means denying the possibility of it being a mistaken or deliberately altered translation, but

Since when is lying out of character for Xane

I can't be assed to check Shadow Dragon's original script, and I'm by no means denying the possibility of it being a mistaken or deliberately altered translation, but

Since when is lying out of character for Xane

Does anyone even know what would be in character for Xane?