Rate the Unit, Day 40: Cecilia

Fun Fact: Cecilia is doubled and killed by the boss of 14x... with bolting.

She's pretty great. Healing on a horse and all that. Her stats are sorta beyond awful but so were Ellen's, and Ellen is a foot unit. Everyone's gone on about Niime's utility with better staves, but as far as strict healing goes Cecilia is pretty good. It's just a shame she couldn't start immediately using Physic.

Edited by Duff Ostrich

Cecelia's a decent healer: she's mounted, but starts out with C staves. Her bases and growths aren't amazing by any means: 11 base MAG with a 35% growth is decent, but her SPD base is 10 with a whopping 25% growth. Don't count on her to double anything if she decides to fight anything that isn't a wyvern/pegasus with that aircalibur tome of hers.

5/10.

Bad stats? What do they matter when she has a horse, good staff rank and great anima rank for Aircaliburing the most annoying and one of the most prevalent units in the game? Decent availability, too. Should definitely not be fighting much, but can at least contribute. 5/10, 5.5 after bias.

So now she is easily reaching S tomes and S staves? Cool, I thought it would be kind of a challenge in most settings.

well, no, in LTC she's reaching neither, even after you stick her in the arena a couple of times (though she might reach S anima if you really tried). she's not even going to reach B staves.

i mean, when you think about it, cecilia's not that good. not even great, just good. when you deploy her, it's "ok i want to deploy an 8 move unit that's either a staff user with terrible stats or marcus/zealot/noah with insufficient combat stats" and cecilia comes out on top pretty easily. and you'd probably deploy at least 1 of those paladins anyway because 8 move units are highly desirable in this game.

so 5/10

do ya research CM

cecilia has 10 warp range at base and you can S rank multiple weapons in this game

also warp is A staves

Huh? dondon... I did mention Warp was A (I sort of screwed the respecting order up) and I know that you can build multiple ranks to S.

It's merely getting both S Staff / Tome seems pretty damn hard. Even A / S. I don't remember giving her that many combat opportunities to raise her tome rank, which left staves. Getting to A takes a lot of work to a point (I'm assuming she has to use a Staff every turn) and getting S Rank times at the same time just sounds like a pain.

I haven't seen your revised plahthrough yet, so maybe you did it this time or something. *shrugs. The more casual you go the easier it is to fulfill the weapon ranks, but I merely question it in a faster environment such as yours.

Just reassure me that you didn't factor it into the final and you can leave it as-is for aesthetic reasons.

OK, raise it to 3/10. I think it's a rather strict interpretation of "Not X", though.

OK, raise it to 3/10. I think it's a rather strict interpretation of "Not X", though.

Um, it's *the* interpretation of "Not X", dude. "She gets obsoleted by X" = "She shouldn't be deployed because you have X" = "She is Not X"

Anyway, tallying.

Um, it's *the* interpretation of "Not X", dude. "She gets obsoleted by X" = "She shouldn't be deployed because you have X" = "She is Not X"

Anyway, tallying.

I always thought it was "Franz: Not Seth 1/10".

There are some things that she has got going for her and they are...

Advantages

-Taught Roy how to fight

-Has a pony aka (Good Movement)

-Doesn't need a Guiding Ring

-Supports well with Saul, Lilina, Perceival, and Roy. (Anima affinity is epic for those characters to have. Especially Roy and Perceival.)

-Gets better HP (20%), Mag (5%), Skill (5%), and Def (10%) growths more than Clarine.

-Great Staff healing bot. Has a pony.

Disadvantages

-Base Stats

-Worser Spd, Luck, and Res growth than Clarine. Which isn't going to cut out for her to be able to combat in later chapters.

Since there are more advantages to her worth. She definitely will get a...

5.5/10

Edited by リンダ

I always thought it was "Franz: Not Seth 1/10".

Sure, the intent was to prevent such horrendous occurrences (Fir: Not Rutger 1/10) but the thing stands for other things too. Think about the various healers in this game (Ellen/Clarine/Saul) - you're not deploying all of them, so obviously one is redundant. Somebody would give Ellen a 2/10 or something because they "use her until Saul shows up then bench". Same shit there as with Cecilia here.

Somebody would give Ellen a 2/10 or something because they "use her until Saul shows up then bench". Same shit there as with Cecilia here.

Obviously that should be prevented, but it's not quite the same situation. Saul and Ellen are more or less equals (Saul's better because of his combat, but assuming 5 heals per chapter between 2 and 6, he's got a mag lead of 2 - 10% with a negligible staff rank lead). Cecilia's losing magic by 8 (being super generous and giving her 6 levels between 14 and 19/20) and staff rank by about a whole level. It's not really a contest.

The point isn't whether or not Niime is > Cecilia or by how much Niime is > Cecilia. The point is that if you assume we're stopping deploying Cecilia when Niime shows up just because Niime shows up it's in violation of the rule.