Rate the Unit, Day 41: Sophia

Because cornering archers is easier, Wendy has way more time to do it, can potentially have one chapter of triangle for kickstart and doesnt make me hope her forced deployment does not exist?

what's wrong with sophia's forced deployment

if you're having trouble keeping her alive in chapter 14, sucks to be you; you must not be a very bright individual.

I think the point is that Triangle Attack has, IIRC, 100% accuracy. So she'll always hit, even if she tinks, which will get her WEXP up quicker to better weapons. Sophia will miss more than Wendy.

irrelevant, misses yield the same WEXP as tinks

by the way you sophia naysayers are forgetting that if you abuse both units to promotion in their starting map, wendy's still a shitty general with movement problems while sophia kind of does a lot of damage and has nosferatu

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Onmi, don't be a fool all your life

What's 3x0 again?

I think the point is that Triangle Attack has, IIRC, 100% accuracy. So she'll always hit, even if she tinks, which will get her WEXP up quicker to better weapons. Sophia will miss more than Wendy.

Yes that was my point. I should also state that my point wasn't "Wendy is good" it was "see how dumb it is to say "Oh if I set up the perfect conditions, x gets less fail" It's entirely pointless to do that for Wendy, not to mention she WILL Break at least one Silver Lance doing it.

Yes that was my point. I should also state that my point wasn't "Wendy is good" it was "see how dumb it is to say "Oh if I set up the perfect conditions, x gets less fail" It's entirely pointless to do that for Wendy, not to mention she WILL Break at least one Silver Lance doing it.

If you "set up the perfect conditions" you can have Sophia kill the Brigand Brigade that shows up in the south (chokepoint them with ironswordechidna, leave a dancer and perhaps a healer) and finish the chapter in 25 turns. Haze did it. How is this worse than abusing one boss for potentially hundreds of turns?

If you "set up the perfect conditions" you can have Sophia kill the Brigand Brigade that shows up in the south (chokepoint them with ironswordechidna, leave a dancer and perhaps a healer) and finish the chapter in 25 turns. Haze did it. How is this worse than abusing one boss for potentially hundreds of turns?

It's not! my point is they are both worthless!

If it's possible to train Sophia that way and not possible to do the same with Wendy, that's clearly not being worthless since it will pad your EXP rank.

The EXP rank is not so hard to meet that you need to use either of these jokers.

Edited by Onmi

The EXP rank is not so hard to meet that you need to use either of these jokers.

The EXP rank is not so hard to meet that you need to use any individual character in the game, but that does not make it trivial and it doesn't mean that being able to make contributions to it isn't better than not being able to make contributions to it.

The EXP rank is not so hard to meet that you need to use any individual character in the game, but that does not make it trivial and it doesn't mean that being able to make contributions to it isn't better than not being able to make contributions to it.

Okay. Are you trying to argue Sophia or Wendy good. because I am arguing they are both beyond redemption beyond Wendy hitting a wall. I came up with a stupid scenario in counter to a stupid scenario presented. I am not trying to argue Wendy>Sophia. I am saying, they are both wastes of fucking space that you scrape off the boot heel.

Are you arguing otherwise, or is Onmi-Bugging just your hobby?

Okay. Are you trying to argue Sophia or Wendy good. because I am arguing they are both beyond redemption beyond Wendy hitting a wall. I came up with a stupid scenario in counter to a stupid scenario presented.

Well, if it's true you can get a reasonable level of EXP off the enemies in Chapter 14, I can certainly see a player doing so if they're playing with a ranked run in mind. Whereas boss abuse is, I think, never really worth it, especially since Wendy is unlikely to ever reasonably be able to damage a boss and not get immediately ORKOed in return.

I am not trying to argue Wendy>Sophia. I am saying, they are both wastes of fucking space that you scrape off the boot heel.

I know, and I am saying that if this possibility that Integrity mentions is real, then Sophia is not a waste of space and can potentially do a third useful thing in addition to tanking a sleep staff and picking up a promotion item.

It's not! my point is they are both worthless!

I just proved to you that it was less annoying to train Sophia than Wendy. You've been arguing that it was, lemme find the quote

1. Not if you waste all his weapon uses

2. Not if you Triangle Attack

3. I said you had to chip weapon levels up so she can use the Steel/Silver lance.

See how dumb that sounded? Yet still easier than training Sophia.

I never said Sophia was worthwhile; I said she was easier to train.

Edited by Integrity

1. Not if you waste all his weapon uses

2. Not if you Triangle Attack

3. I said you had to chip weapon levels up so she can use the Steel/Silver lance.

See how dumb that sounded? Yet still easier than training Sophia.

1. No one in their right mind would waste 50 turns having Marcus/Zealot absorb Reygans' lance blows

2. And no one is fielding Bors the fail armor knight with his bad move in Ch. 8 either

3. She can already use steel. (needs to be 16/0 just to do one damage to him with it remember?) And we only have 2 Silver lances at that point, the one Marcus came with, and another that's a spoil from one of the early chapters. 40 uses is not enough to get her to level 20

Like seriously, this is literally worse than the argument someone gave me on gamefaqs once, saying that Amelia was better than Ewan, because she can chuck Javelins at a lancereaver Merc behind a door for good exp.

Sophia can just putz around taking random potshots with flux, if she misses? no biggie. If she hits? good because she can actually put a dent in something, unlike Wendy; She doesn't have bad move, unlike Wendy; She doesn't require us to waste 2 deployment slots on bad units, unlike Wendy. Then she can hit level 10 promote and staff bot, eclipse walls or Nosferatu something. Wendy cannot do that, she still has bad move and questionable offense after promotion!

1. No one in their right mind would waste 50 turns having Marcus/Zealot absorb Reygans' lance blows

Here, let's make it simple to solve.

No one in their right mind should nor would waste whatever turns to train Sophia and Wendy.

Godfuckingdamnjesusfuckingchristoflatterdaysaintsgoddamnwhore. Why are we arguing something as trivial and pointless as training these two dumb shit units when we could be doing more productive things such as stopping world hunger or ending wars. But no, we're too fucking worried about which one of the shittiest units of the game is easier to train.

</rant> I'm all for debating and what not... but this is... is...

At least Sophia can possibly be useable for farming a free Guiding Ring and just takes a good strategive mind to use her effectivly. But Wendy can never be useable. To her we can insert the scene in Resident Evil when Wesker releases Tyrant and says to Chris "Go to hell".