[FE8] NM Chain Support SOYO Draft

Arngrim

General Rules:

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players.

2. Eirika/Ephraim, Orson, Tethys and Myrrh are free for all to use.

3. Seth is banned from all use.

4. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.

3. Map shopping is allowed.

4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.

5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

6. Trainees (Ross, Amelia and Ewan) are allowed to be trained to level 10/1 in the tower with help of undrafted units. That's the only exception of tower usage.

7.Drafters must also pick out the promotion path of the units they pick

eg. Bob picks Toms units promotion paths

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

2. Seth has a special 8 turn penalty per chapter.

Exceptions:

1. Vanessa may be used to Rescue Ross in Chapter 2 even if she is undrafted.

Chain Support Rules:

Each drafter will recieve Eirika, Ephraim, Orson, Tethys and Myrrh for free. The remaining 28 units will be drafted in a randomized snake order draft. However, unlike a normal draft, where every unit is up for grabs, your pick must be connected to the unit you selected in the previous via the support list. For the first round, you must select a unit that supports with one of the free units. The idea here is to choose wisely early on, since a lot of regularly first-round picks aren't first-round picks in this draft. If at any time there is not a unit on the board that supports the unit you last chose, you may move back one selection until you find a unit you can pick.

Example: I picked Gerik, Joshua, Natasha, Cormag. On my fifth round selection, no unit that supports Cormag is available. I then move back to Natasha. If a unit supporting Natasha is available, I would select that unit. If no unit is available, I go back to Joshua, then Gerik, then free units. If no unit on the board supports any of the units (highly unlikely I'd imagine), any unit may be selected.

Players:

1.General Horace: Valkyrie!LĀ“Arachel, Dozla, Innes, Wyvern!Tana,Knight!Cormag, Duessel,Saleh

2.Arngrim: Swordmaster!Marisa, Assassin!Joshua, Valkyrie!Natasha,Druid!Knoll,Sage!Lute, GK!Kyle, GK!Forde

3.Konnor97: Rennac, Rogue!Colm, Sage!Moulder, General!Gilliam,Syrene,Falconknight!Vanessa,Paladin!Franz

4.Cosmic Harold: Summoner!Ewan, Fighter!Warrior!Ross, Warrior!Garcia, Sniper!Neimi,Sage!Artur,General!Amelia,Ranger!Gerik

Horace picks for me

I pick for Konnor

Konnor picks for Harold

Harold picks for Horace

Units Remaining (Those marked with * are available on a first-round pick)

Gerik*

Saleh*

Edited by ArngrimtheBerserker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited. I'm assuming Horace picks twice too?

@PKL: Maybe it was dumb or I should have gone Sage, but take a good look at the other options on the list.

Edited by Cosmic_Harold

Seems to be some confusion here.

Konner, since you picked Ewan your first pick, you have to choose from Ewan's support list, not the free units lists.

Ewan supports Tethys, Saleh, Dozla, Amelia and Ross, but Tethys is free and Dozla is gone, leaving Saleh, Amelia and Ross.

Let's say you pick Ross. next round you use Ross's support list.

Unless I'm totally out to lunch, that is.