making broken builds

Here's my idea for Tiamo.

Class: Falco Knight

From Dark Pegasus: Lightning Speed

From Hero: Sol

From Dark Knight: Life Drain

From Pegasus Knight: Renewal

From Falco Knight: Lance Expert

Every time you kill an enemy you heal some hp and get another action, Sol for more potential hp and Renewal for when you are running away and need more hp. Lance Expert to hit harder to increase chance of killing something and heal more hp with Sol.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my idea for Tiamo.

Class: Falco Knight

From Dark Pegasus: Lightning Speed

From Hero: Sol

From Dark Knight: Life Drain

From Pegasus Knight: Renewal

From Falco Knight: Lance Expert

Every time you kill an enemy you heal some hp and get another action, Sol for more potential hp and Renewal for when you are running away and need more hp. Lance Expert to hit harder to increase chance of killing something and heal more hp with Sol.

Why falcon knight then? Isn't falcon knight more supportive than dark pegasus is? Wouldn't Dark peg be better for that set? (Idk what her caps are for either so idk stat wise...)

Why falcon knight then? Isn't falcon knight more supportive than dark pegasus is? Wouldn't Dark peg be better for that set? (Idk what her caps are for either so idk stat wise...)

idk the stats for either class but my thought was that falco knight would have higher str and could deal more overall damage. I guess it could be a Dark pegasus too.

idk the stats for either class but my thought was that falco knight would have higher str and could deal more overall damage. I guess it could be a Dark pegasus too.

it might....but as dark peg you have more attacking options .-. Which that set seems to be based around.

In terms of base stats, at least, all of Falco Knight's stats are equal or higher except Mag. On the other hand, Dark Pegasus has magic.

Lightning Speed is great, but even with it you can only kill two units in one player turn. On the other hand, there's no limit to the amount of units you can kill in one enemy turn. The best unit is one that can charge solo right into enemy lines and kill everyone with a counterattack (easily possible for MU on Hard, and I've heard it's possible on Lunatic with Resire/Inverse's Darkness).

If you can get your Luck to 50, Weapon Saver will always activate, so you get infinite uses of forged/rare/fragile weapons.

Sol keeps you alive and has a surprisingly reliable activation rate. Life Drain sounds good too, but it's overkill since Sol is enough.

I'm going to try to wed Liz and Donny. I'll have them pass on Renewal and Weak Beats Strong.

The resulting Wood should have not only an affinity for Kitchen Ware but also Access to:

Vantage

Late Initative

Gamble

Wrath

Sol

Avoid +10

Wood is going to be a monster in choke points. Obviously he can't fit all those skills at any one time, but it's quite the library none the less.

I'm probably not going to do any of these (if/when it comes out in America), but just for fun, here are 5 I randomly chose:

Frederick: Lv.10 Great Knight-Lv.15 Paladin-Lv.15 General-Lv.15 Dragonmaster

Skills:

Luna

Holy Shield

Great Shield

Defender

Sword Slayer

Probably could be better, but it only costs 51 levels (could be worse), and I think he would perform best stat-wise as a dragonmaster because of its bases.

Grego: Lv.10 merc-Lv.15 Hero-Lv. 15 Berserker-Lv. 15 Swordmaster-Lv. 1 Hero

Skills:

Axe Expert

Sword Expert

Sol

Astra

Axe Slayer

I'm pretty happy with this one. He's a hero, so whatever weapon he uses, he gets+5 damage and he laughs at any axe users. Following the pattern of high skill among Ogma's, there will be a massive chance he gets either a critical, Sol, or Astra. Plus, it only costs 42 levels, which seems to be relatively low.

Donny: (not including villager promotions, if there are any)

Villager Lv.10-Fighter Lv. 10-Warrior Lv.15-Hero Lv.15

Skills:

Good Growths

Counter

Sol

Axe Slayer

Max HP+5

It only costs 46 levels, it sets up his stats, he can laugh at axe users, I don't fully understand counter, but it sounds good, and Sol and Max HP+5 help his durability.

Soiree:

Lv.10 Cavalier-Lv.10 Great Knight-Lv.15 Swordmaster-Lv.15 Griffon Knight-Lv.15 Paladin

Skills:

Lance Slayer

Holy Shield

Luna

Astra

Sword Expert

59 levels, but with an offensive bonus with swords, a good chance of getting an extra damage attack, bonuses against lance users, and holy shield to top it all off, it could definitely be considered worth it.

MU: (So many choices...) (Let's start with best star strength worst stat luck)

Lv.10 Strategist-Lv.10 Grandmaster-Lv.15 Swordmaster-Lv.15 Dark Pegasus-Lv.15 Dark Knight-Lv. 1 Grandmaster

Skills:

Sword Expert

Astra

Lightning Speed

Life Absorb

Magnificent Flame

It costs 60 levels, but he has a decent library, the incredible bonuses from Lightning Speed and Life Absorb if he can kill an enemy, which would be easier with swords because of his bonuses, and I just gave him a couple of mastery skills because I like them and it increases the odds of him getting those great bonuses.

Edit: Forgot to mention that MU had to be female. Mine will be male, so I can't get lightning speed. :(

Edited by I don't play for turns

Frederick

-Dragonmaster

Luna

Str+2

Outdoor Battle

Ride Fast

Hot Start

He'd only need 18 levels(4 Great Knight, 9 Dracoknight, 4 Dracomaster). It's not the best but the hit/avoid boost of 35 is pretty good for how few levels he'd need.

Edited by arvilino

Frederick

-Dragonmaster

Luna

Str+2

Outdoor Battle

Ride Fast

Hot Start

He'd only need 18 levels(4 Great Knight, 9 Dracoknight, 4 Dracomaster). It's not the best but the hit/avoid boost of 35 is pretty good for how few levels he'd need.

Actually, it's only 17 levels, only 3 more than he would need for dual guard+

Sage!MU

Best Stat: Magic

Worst Stat: Strength

Skills:

1.) Vantage

2.) Wrath

3.) Life Absorb

4.) Miracle

5.) Magic Expert

The leveling pattern would go something like this:

Level 10 Strategist -> Level 10 Myrmidon -> Level 10 Priest -> Level 9 Berserker -> Level 15 Dark Knight -> Level 5 Sage

I know it's 59 levels, but I find this build to be quite deadly. It's a glass cannon with some actual staying power.

The MU with the Best Magic Stat and Worst Strength Stat has these caps as a sage:

[spoiler=Sage Caps]

HP: 80

Str: 27

Mag: 50

Skill: 42

Spd: 44

Luck: 45

Def: 30

Res: 40

If this Sage equipped Holsety, he would get 5 extra speed, putting him at 49 speed!

Holsety's might is 14, which puts his attack power at 64. Add 5 from magic expert and his attack power is at 69. I am not sure if having an "A" weapon rank adds an attack bonus like it did with FE11/12, but if FE13 does the same, then his overall attack power is over 70 (in theory). Plus, Holsety gets an added bonus when attacking flyers.

The skills can allow him to go into battle without having to worry about his HP that much since he would recover 40 HP from life absorb (if capped at 80) after defeating an enemy. Plus, there's Miracle which would almost have a 50% chance of activating if luck is capped as well.

If Wrath activates and he gets off a critical, The enemy would have to guard against a 210 damage critical if MU's attack stat is at 70 (if the critical hit formula still triples damage).

Edited by Leif

If Wrath activates and he gets off a critical, The enemy would have to guard against a 210 damage critical if MU's attack stat is at 70 (if the critical hit formula still triples damage).

It does. Regardless, Wrath is kinda weak. You might want to try Vengeance if you want to abuse taking damage, especially with capped stats that will give it an 84% activation rate. Similarly, if you're relying on Holsety, you might want to use Weapon Expert, which will have a 90% chance of keeping weapon durability from dropping if you use it with 45 Luck. Those 25 uses won't last forever, but that should help extend them. And yes, A rank in Tomes still gives +2 Mt and +5 Hit.

The leveling pattern would go something like this:

Level 10 Strategist -> Level 10 Myrmidon -> Level 10 Priest -> Level 9 Berserker -> Level 15 Dark Knight -> Level 5 Sage

I know it's 59 levels, but I find this build to be quite deadly. It's a glass cannon with some actual staying power.

You can't do that. Strategist->Myrmidon->Priest->?? You cannot turn into a Berserker at this point. You'd need to Promote the Priest, or change seal to Barbarian. Plus, you can only change seal at level 10+, I believe. So even if you went Strategist->Myrmidon->Priest->Barbarian->Zerker->DK->Sage you're adding another 11 levels that you missed.

Magic Expert is the level 15 Sage skill, that's another 9 levels. or so, basically another 20 levels to get your build.

(My exact numbers might be off, but yeah, you can't Priest->Zerker)

I'd probably ditch Vantage and Wrath for Magic Slayer and Vengeance, and maybe try to pick up Weapon Saver (for Holsety use) and Late Initiative for more generic tomes.

Strategist->Mercenary->Mage->Dark Knight->Sorcerer->Sage

10->10->10->15->15->15 = 75 levels, which is pretty damn massive, but still ~5 less than your planned concept.

Edit:

Alternate Concept:

Strategist->Mercenary->Hero->Dark Knight->Sorcerer->Sage

This one lets you pick up Sol, which will help you heal even more! (Since you didn't need the mage skills anyway.)

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

It's sad there's no Creature Campaign equivalent here, since I was planning to use everyone. These 8 are assured on my first playthrough unless they disappoint me. I like their personality/appearance/classes and have already decided what they'll get.

Sol:

-Outdoor Battle/Avoid +10 (depending on occasion)

-Luna

-Vantage

-Astra

-Sword Expert

Lv10 Cavalier>Lv5 Great Knight>Lv10 Myrmidon>Swordmaster Nothing too special, but he's my prime candidate for the Demon Fighter scroll or whatever else the next DLC throw in. He has Discipline from the start, which will help with anything.

Tiamo:

-Lightning Speed

-Vengeance

-Weapon Saver

-Bow Slayer

-Speed Cry or Lance Expert (situation dependent)

Lv10 Pegasus Knight>Lv15 Dark Pegasus>Lv5 Sorcerer>Lv10 Mercenary>Lv15 Ranger>Falcoknight She's going to get preferential treatment for being MU's wife. I might skip Falco and rearrange to DP being last if I find another healer.

Sariya:

•Crimson Curse

-Early Initiative

-Accuracy +20

-Vengeance

-Magic Slayer (or Skill+2 if not many mages around)

Lv10 Dark Mage>Lv 10 Archer>Lv 10 Sniper>Sorcerer for Ruin/Il/Cellica'sGale spam

Henry:

•Crimson Curse

-Vengeance

-Gamble

-Wrath

-Axe Expert or Magic Slayer (depends which of the two classes I want him to end up in)

Either Lv12 Dark Mage>Lv10 Barbarian>Lv 10 Berserker>Sorcerer or Lv12 Dark Mage>Lv5 Sorcerer>Lv10 Barbarian>Berserker

Grego:

•Weapon Saver

•Late Initiative

-Vantage

-Astra or Gamble

-Wrath

He has my 3 favorite classes (mercenary/hero, myrmidon/swordmaster and barbarian/berserker) so the path depends on what I make everyone else or like more.

Olivia:

•Luck +4 (or Speed +2/Vantage if I can't skip unpromoted)

-Special Dance

-Lightning Speed

-Astra

-Sword Expert

Lv15 Dancer>Lv15 Dark Pegasus>Lv15 Swordmaster>Dancer for an offensive dancer

[spoiler=Children]

Noire:

•Early Initiative

-Accuracy +20 (Sariya's maybe, so I can skip sniper promotion)

-Wrath (her dad's)

-Crimson Curse

-Vengeance

Not sure who to choose as her dad (one of Henry, Vake or Grego for Wrath). Grego allows her myrmidon/mercenary reclasses for Weapon Saver and vantage, but with Henry, I can have a complete sorcerer family.

Azure:

•Weapon Saver (assured 100% at max luck thanks to the skill below)

-Royal weapon (Krom's)

-Lightning Speed (Olivia's)

-Sol

-Astra or Luna

Not sure where he'll end up yet.

I have 3 questions:

Can special classes (dancer, manakete, villager) change to promoted classes at level 15 (or 10 or not at all)?

Can the other child of a male MyUnit (the one determined by the mother) get access to all regular (non-gender exclusive) classes + Strategist?

Can you promote or class change in the battlefield?

Edited by Silent Mercenary

It's sad there's no Creature Campaign equivalent here, since I was planning to use everyone. These 8 are assured on my first playthrough unless they disappoint me. I like their personality/appearance/classes and have already decided what they'll get.

I have 3 questions:

Can special classes (dancer, manakete, villager) change to promoted classes at level 15 (or 10 or not at all)?

Can the other child of a male MyUnit (the one determined by the mother) get access to all regular (non-gender exclusive) classes + Strategist?

Can you promote or class change in the battlefield?

You can save before the final chapter and just do skirmishes then. Doesn't seem like it saves over your original file after you complete it, either, although it saves something. So it's a lot like other RPGs where you just save before the final boss and do whatever else you want from there, such as the original Paper Mario. Which can function like a Creature Campaign but is just a bit lazy.

There's a pair of screenshots of Donny: one of him as a LV30 Villager, and another of him as a LV1 Hero with the exact stats he would have if he had used a Change Seal after being a LV30 Villager with those stats. So it seems like at some level, the special classes can go directly to promoted classes. However, I tried it with Tiki, who joins at LV20, and she still only had access to the unpromoted classes. So I don't know what the level threshold is: maybe 25, maybe 30.

They can indeed. I paired MU with Serge, and both Mark and Jerome had full access to classes, including Strategist.

Master Seals and Change Seals are both usable on the battlefield.

Edited by Othin

You can save before the final chapter and just do skirmishes then. Doesn't seem like it saves over your original file after you complete it, either, although it saves something. So it's a lot like other RPGs where you just save before the final boss and do whatever else you want from there, such as the original Paper Mario. Which can function like a Creature Campaign but is just a bit lazy.

There's a pair of screenshots of Donny: one of him as a LV30 Villager, and another of him as a LV1 Hero with the exact stats he would have if he had used a Change Seal after being a LV30 Villager with those stats. So it seems like at some level, the special classes can go directly to promoted classes. However, I tried it with Tiki, who joins at LV20, and she still only had access to the unpromoted classes. So I don't know what the level threshold is: maybe 25, maybe 30.

They can indeed. I paired MU with Serge, and both Mark and Jerome had full access to classes, including Strategist.

Master Seals and Change Seals are both usable on the battlefield.

Thanks. I'll do that then. Lazy indeed when they could have done something simple like a skirmish with all the bosses or a special big map with many reinforcements.

Hmm, it could be possible they just class changed to mercenary at around level 10 and then promoted to hero. I'm curious, aside Good growths and Weak vs Strong, the villagers don't have much going for them unless they gain a promotion (secret Demon Fighter? Soldier? Super Villager?) on a 2nd playthrough. By the way, did you notice any new additions when you finished your first run? And did you start a new game over the same file (like clear data) or a new/empty one, just to compare later if you get secret characters?

Great, which means I can recruit, trade and class change/promote for Sariya/Henry/Grego. More Exp-saving that way.

Not possible. If they had, Donny would have had another 9 levels of stat gains from leveling up as a Mercenary, but not a single point was out of place. And yeah, it looks to me like Villagers are just terrible. I guess maybe Good Growths is just that good, but it doesn't seem worth it.

The game looked like it was saving something when it returned to the title screen after finishing the game, but I'm not sure what it unlocked. I haven't started my second file yet; I'm not sure what option would carry over data if any, so I'm poking around a bit to try to find that out. I intend to play Hard Mode next.

And yeah, you can do that. I found myself doing that instant promotion with most of the children characters, since they all start at LV10 unpromoted.

Not possible. If they had, Donny would have had another 9 levels of stat gains from leveling up as a Mercenary, but not a single point was out of place. And yeah, it looks to me like Villagers are just terrible. I guess maybe Good Growths is just that good, but it doesn't seem worth it.

Well at least he has 5 move instead of 4 ;/

Well at least he has 5 move instead of 4 ;/

Indeed. On the other hand, he still needs to level up more than others to increase that 5 Move to 6...

At least Dancers, Manakete, and Taguels all have 6 Move.

Edited by Othin

The site says that Dancers have 5 move, not 6...

Huh, never mind then. I was sure they had 6, but checking Olivia's stats again, she just has 5.

Looking back at FE8, I guess they might have not done that to avoid inconsistency with the supports. A lot of the post game dialogue in FE8 ended up featuring the characters talking like the story still hadn't ended....

Edited by NeonZ