[Fe11] Rng penalty and rewards!

Vicious Sal

Weeeee, hosting something different again! Who is ready to be penalized, or rewarded because of he rng?

Ok, inspired by the discussion in that rng abuse topic.... A stupid idea! I am not joining this draft because of.... Just no. Anyway, let me explain, we wont be caring about rng abuse in this draft, because it will make or break your entire turncount! At the end of the game, you will not only be adding turncounts, but also stats! Because if you have an insanely blessed jeigan, or abel, you will be punished for its blessing! You will be rewarded if you deliberately screw your units stats! 0% growths are recommended for the best results! Basically, every point your drafted units are off from their average, equals to either one turn added or substracted from your turncount!

Say, marth is insanely str screwed, by 5.5 points, is blessed with +7.3 hp, +3.9 spd and -8.1 def! Your total tc is 174, you then start subducting screwing, 5.5 str is rounded up to 6 and 8.1 def is rounded down to 8, that means you substract 14 turns! Going to 160! Now you add the blessings, 7 hp and 4 spd, thats 11 turns to add, bringing the end result to 171 turns!

You do this for every stat of every drafted and free unit! So you save turns by screwing your stats! But will you be able to low turn the chapters? Or bless your units, get the minimal turncount, and add some fifty turns for stats! Or just go with the flow and see what happens. Everything clear? Just ask Oh, and for easy averages: stats after every Chapter!

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 5 players.

2. Marth, Jagen and Nagi/Gotoh are free for all to use.

3. The game will be played on H1

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, meatshield, and shop.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors.

3. Gaiden (and prologue, if NM) chapters do not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken.

4. Reclassing is allowed, providing you give stats after every chapter, and do the math yourself.

5. Marth may not Seize the throne in Chapter 19 before Turn 5.

Other:

1. Forging, Wi-Fi Shop, and usage of the Warp staff are strictly prohibited.

2. You may not use loaner units.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 5 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Teams:

Eclipse: Caeda

Folgore blue: Cain

General horace

Cr-so1

13th

[spoiler=units remaining]

Cain

Abel

Caeda

Gordin

Draug

Wrys

Ogma

Bord

Cord

Barst

Castor

Darros

Julian

Lena

Navarre

Merric

Matthis

Hardin

Sedgar

Wolf

Roshea

Vyland

Wendell

Rickard

Athena

Bantu

Caesar

Radd

Roger

Jeorge

Maria

Minerva

Linde

Jake

Midia

Dolph

Macellan

Tomas

Boah

Horace

Beck

Astram

Palla

Catria

Arran

Samson

Xane

Etzel

Est

Tiki

Lorenz

Ymir

Elice

Edited by Vicious Sal

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's two ways of handling this:

1. Require stats after EVERY CHAPTER for units who have gained level(s).

2. Ban reclassing.

I'd go for the former, because this exists.

Your answer to this will determine if I join.

EDIT: If you allow reclassing under the conditions I provided, I'm in. Otherwise, no, because reclassing is why I enjoy FE11 drafting.

Edited by eclipse

1335090923[/url]' post='1949989']

There's two ways of handling this:

1. Require stats after EVERY CHAPTER for units who have gained level(s).

2. Ban reclassing.

I'd go for the former, because this exists.

Your answer to this will determine if I join.

I didnt know that nify machine was available, but that does make my life easier indeed. Means stats after every chapter for everyone. I didnt want to do all the hassle etc by having to calculate it myself.

Cheers for that clipsey. :)

1335095478[/url]' post='1950022']

I just want to say this is a terrible concept for a draft. Sometimes natural blessings happen without any RNG manipulation, and you shouldn't be penalised for this.

Glad you agree, do you mind if i use that quote for the Rng abuse topic?

1335096118[/url]' post='1950026']

Feel free. I notice you're also not taking part in this draft. Do you not agree with the idea behind this draft?

I absolutely do not agree with the whole idea of this draft, you basically summed up my opinion in that previous post. It was why i didnt bother getting mixed in in that topic. But this idea hatched in my mind, and well...

I planned on making a statement, but as a gimmick draft this is a poorly executed fun experiement. Some people might even try and try to maximise efficieny by finding the perfect balance between screwed stats and low turncounts. :p

Edit, he more i think about it... I am starting to get tempted to join this. I just dont want to add more to my backlog...

Edited by Vicious Sal

It seems like the winner will be the person playing 0% growths.

Which will be spotted very quickly, thanks to dynamic growths (hint: If Marth reaches level 5 without a HP growth, that person is disqualified). I'd say that this will be interesting. . .

How does the reclassing growths thing work? You reclass and then every point off of the average reclassed class is what you're calculating?

I'm confused, but I guess I'll try anyway.

That output can go to hell

I sent a different link, so I guess it's up to the player! Here's an example:

Let's say you get the guy I always draft because everyone else thinks he's stupid (Tomas). He starts at level 8. After that, you decide that maybe Clipsey knows a thing or two about his offense, so you reclass him to Cavalier for 3 levels, then reclass him to Archer for 2 levels, then reclass him to Cavalier until he hits level 20 (WTF, indeed), then promote him, immediately reclass to Dracoknight, then keep him in that class until level 5. Here's what he'll look like on average:

Name    HP   Str   Mag  Skl    Spd   Luk  Def    Res
Tomas   36   14.5   1   13.3   13.8   8   12.1   3.9

MORAL OF THE STORY: Tomas should've been a curate.

Thanks! If we go by that method, it makes much more sense. We don't have to keep track of chapter-by-chapter stats, then? Just the reclasses and the levels gained during them.

I'd do whoever leveled in a chapter, regardless of class.

EDIT: Instead of rounding decimals, why don't we keep them in? That way, we don't get a winner based on a rounding error.

Edited by eclipse

1335132980[/url]' post='1950770']

I'd do whoever leveled in a chapter, regardless of class.

EDIT: Instead of rounding decimals, why don't we keep them in? That way, we don't get a winner based on a rounding error.

As long as i do not have to do the counting. :) the calculator seems to fix that problem, so i have no objections.

i'd assume that you'd have to keep track of all stat boosters used (so the "average stat" as determined by the calculator should add +7 to HP to take your angelic robe into account), since otherwise that's just stupid

then again that also sounds like you could very easily do this scenario (it really only works for HP and anything for which there are an obscene amount of statboosters)

Say that, on average, I would get 51.2 HP. I have 56 at the moment. Left alone, that results in a 5 turn penalty.

If I use the Angelic Robe on myself (thereby technically bringing it past the cap) I would have 60 HP - yet the average says I would have 58.2 HP. I've just turned a 5 turn penalty to 2 turns.

You can in theory do this any time the current stat is reasonably close to the cap. By adding the robe and not getting the full bonus (instead of +7, I only get +4, losing 3 stat points in the process) I can then shave that many turns of penalty. You could in theory do this with another stat booster but it's a bit more of a marginal difference (oh boy i got a 1 turn penalty instead of 3)

read: cam thinks this is a terrible idea either way because he knows how to optimize these things and assumes that other people do also