Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I thought you said that one of your character continued to gain experience at the same speed after being promoted.

Don't believe so. Using a Change Seal to reset a character's level doesn't seem to increase their Exp gains. But using a Master Seal to promote seems to reduce them. I've heard people saying that characters would keep gaining Exp at the same rate after promoting if the game looks at total level, but from what I've found, that doesn't seem to be the case: At the beginning of my first playthrough, I promoted Othin to Grandmaster and reclassed Sol to Myrmidon, both at LV10. Sol kept gaining Exp at a similar rate to before, but Othin's Exp gains dropped.

Edited by Othin

How different are exp gains in hard mode? Currently I'm debating on whether to make my next playthrough normal or hard. (If I do normal again, hard would certainly be next).

If gains are the same / very similar, I'll jump into hard.

What is the difference? Enemy stats, I guess.

Enemy stats are higher, there are more of them, better weapons, more have skills.

Those are the main things I've noticed so far, anyway.

Edited by Othin

Enemy stats are higher, there are more of them, better weapons, more have skills.

Those are the main things I've noticed so far, anyway.

This certainly won't bore a veteran player. =)

Can you fuse two of the same item with low durability into a single item with their combined amount, like in the DS games?

Yes. It works automatically by putting two of the same item into the convoy, from what I can figure: even if they add up to more than full uses, the uses get moved from one to the other so that one of them is full and the other's uses are decreased more.

Hm... I thought I had seen this before, but I guess not. Can you choose the main color of the My Unit's clothing/armor (for class changing into the generic classes) or is it only the hair color that can be changed? If you can't change the My Unit's colors, what is the color used then when you change into something else? The Black/Purple tone of the strategist's coat?

So if I understand correctly, Krom is forced to be married by the end of chapter 11, and if he doesn't have supports with any of the possible candidates he just marries some random village girl. So, if that happens, can Krom no longer reach an S support rank with any of the other girls?

So if I understand correctly, Krom is forced to be married by the end of chapter 11, and if he doesn't have supports with any of the possible candidates he just marries some random village girl. So, if that happens, can Krom no longer reach an S support rank with any of the other girls?

He defaults to Olivia in the case of no supports. Only if all of his potential suitors are dead does he marry a generic, and at that point S supports would be impossible.

Edit: Actually, this post contradicts everything that this site has for Krom's supports, so I'm probably wrong. I guess I'm confused as well.

Edited by Oleksandr

Random village girl is only if all potential mothers are dead. There's a certain priority in the case of a tie, (i.e. no supports) but there seems to be some conflicting info about a tie with no supports.

Edit: Seems I'm wrong about that. No supports tie is a random villager.

So how do you get with Olivia?

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

Krom should default to the nameless villager, not Olivia, even if you don't kill anybody off. I tested this by going through the first 11 chapters making sure Krom didn't Double with or stand next to any possible wives so he didn't build up any bond points at all, let alone supports.

It's possible that it works off bond points instead of supports, so I tried Chapter 11 again and made Olivia do one dance for Krom, but he still ended up marrying the villager.

She joins at the end of Chapter 10, you can do DLC/map encounters to build up their support before going into Chapter 11.

Edit: Wait, I was mistaken, yeah she joins at the start of 11. So I guess you have to have them build up bond to a certain level within the map.

Edited by No. 3

Okay, I redid Chapter 11, keeping Olivia stuck with Krom the whole map. He married Olivia this time, so the bond level needs to reach a certain level to trigger the marriage flag (dancing for him one time wasn't enough). Krom had no support levels and zero bond with the other candidates, so next time I'm going to try and get his support with Sumia to C to see if support level overrides bond level in terms of wife priority.

His support level with Olivia went straight to S when he marries. However, the support conversations do exist and you can see them from the conversation viewer in the Extras.

Edited by No. 3

Okay, I redid Chapter 11, keeping Olivia stuck with Krom the whole map. He married Olivia this time, so the bond level needs to reach a certain level to trigger the marriage flag (dancing for him one time wasn't enough). Krom had no support levels and zero bond with the other candidates, so next time I'm going to try and get his support with Sumia to C to see if support level overrides bond level in terms of wife priority.

His support level with Olivia went straight to S when he marries. However, the support conversations do exist and you can see them from the conversation viewer in the Extras.

Thank you!!!!

Do you lose a weapon when you do that? or are they left at one use?

Silver Sword 20/30 + Silver Sword 20/30 = Silver Sword 30/30 + Silver Sword 10/30

Silver Sword 10/30 + Silver Sword 10/30 = Silver Sword 20/30

Hm... I thought I had seen this before, but I guess not. Can you choose the main color of the My Unit's clothing/armor (for class changing into the generic classes) or is it only the hair color that can be changed? If you can't change the My Unit's colors, what is the color used then when you change into something else? The Black/Purple tone of the strategist's coat?

You can only change the hair color.