Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, looks like the recruit condition is to have Sairi talk to him. Finished the map while keeping him out of trouble (yay for Rescue staves) and it ends with Sairi mourning (I think). If you do manage to recruit him...

I think he mentions that it's not the Renha she knows, but rather that he's from the future coming back to protect her? Only skimmed through the dialogue so I'm probably wrong about this.

Well, that spoiler would be the best way to make him joining work while keeping the dialogue regarding his death that's mentioned in one of the supports.

Edited by NeonZ

Isn't the his map the thief shrine from gaiden? I mean the overworld map icon has a keyhole on it .

also holy crap, his AI is so agressive as an NPC he just jumps to his death if you don't rescue or heal him , he rushed a group of enemies with 1 hp Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Edited by Velth

Isn't the his map the thief shrine from gaiden? I mean the overworld map icon has a keyhole on it .

also holy crap, his AI is so agressive as an NPC he just jumps to his death if you don't rescue or heal him , he rushed a group of enemies with 1 hp Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

I didn't find it hard to recruit him on Turn 1. Although having an Olivia strong enough to laugh at the enemies helped with that. At one point, she backed up Renha with a Dual Attack and did more damage than he did.

I didn't find it hard to recruit him on Turn 1. Although having an Olivia strong enough to laugh at the enemies helped with that. At one point, she backed up Renha with a Dual Attack and did more damage than he did.

It's not that it was hard , it's that when I first went in the map I used 3 units(sairi,mu,krom) which allowed every enemy that I couldn't reach on turn one to storm him and while he was lucky enough to survive , he just charged at the enemy in his turn, so I was surprised that he didn't stand still or move back when he had lost that much hp.I guess he acts like DLC npcs who just charge and attack the enemy at all costs.

Having never seen him before now, he doesn't look anything like what I expected. He looks cooler.

Interesting that the Thracia team has been released first. Perhaps we'll get a team from the international FE's next?

I was thinking that a few hours ago. And two weeks before that.

I guess the FE1 team can be counted as international because of FE11. Either way, right now, they have two remaining Japan-only teams (FE2/3) and four remaining international teams (FE7/8/9/10), plus one that doesn't fit into either category and is almost certainly the final one (Villains). So the odds are definitely in favor of an international release. We'll have to see if that actually matters this time.

When do you suppose there is going to be a update for DLC?

We'll see the announcement at around this time tomorrow and the update at around this time next Wednesday.

Finished Ch14 Lunatic. Turns out while the bottom ship is too difficult to escape onto, the right ship is more reasonable. The Pegasus Knight reinforcements still caused trouble, especially when I forgot the second set appears so close to the ship, but I sorted that out on a later attempt. The reinforcements only appear on turns 3-5, so after I survived long enough to clear them out, all the enemies had to walk through the chokepoint Krom was blocking. MU also learned Rainbow Cry, which helped Krom fight them off; after that, I considered him finished with the Grandmaster class and switched him to Dark Knight.

I had to burn a couple of Rescue uses to get off the main ship, but that's not such an issue since I have plenty. Saving Sairi in Ch15 before she gets killed should be similarly simple, since Libera can reach her with his staff range on Turn 1. Other items aren't in such great shape: I'm running low on funds, and most of my tomes are breaking. Had to sell a Killer Bow before Ch14 to buy a Hand Axe for Libera; I'm not using any archers, so it wasn't much of a loss, and giving one of my main fighters a ranged attack was worth it. I don't have nearly as much else that I'm willing to sell, but I think I can work things out.

As for Ch15 itself, the enemies really aren't playing around. As I suspected, the Mages now all use B rank magic like Bolganone, while the Dark Knights use forged versions. Magic was already hitting hard enough before, but this chapter doesn't seem too hard to manage, since after I grab Sairi, I only need two squares to block off all the enemies in the town, just leaving the small number outside. Unless this map adds reinforcements on Lunatic, which wouldn't really surprise me at this point.

What surprises me more is how the past few bosses have been stationary. Ch2's boss is stationary on Normal and Hard, but he moves on Lunatic and charges with his whole squad all at once. Moving bosses, particularly Gangrel, have all been exciting to face in Lunatic, especially since they charge with their troops instead of waiting for you to approach them specifically. I was expecting most other formerly stationary bosses to do the same, but Ch2's boss seems to be the only one affected. It's especially funny with bosses like Pomodoro and Blaze, where their soldiers all charge away from them and towards you long before you get near them, so they just sit alone on the opposite end of the map. And the fights, of course, are easy and disappointing as a result.

At this point in Lunatic, which units are you focusing on/ training? Is it a smaller squad compared to other modes?

I'm still filling the deployment slots. A number of characters are just support, either through healing or Double, but not as many now.

My main fighters right now are Krom, MU, Frederick, and Libera. Serge, Lucina, Sariya, and Henry are backup combat, Liz, Mariabel, and Olivia are team support, and Velvet and Tiamo sit around in Double for Spd bonuses. I'm also adding Sairi when she joins in this chapter.

Because I'm avoiding sidequests and limited to characters that join competent or able to immediately promote and become competent, my team is going to stay pretty much limited to those until Basilio and Flavia join.

Edited by Othin

Hey Othin, is grinding in hard mode the huge chore it looks like it'd be in Lunatic? I want to mess around with optimized teams against harder challenges than you get in normal mode but the prospect of using the monster maps for grinding in lunatic (since skirmishes are so murderous) is kind of daunting.