Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the enemies and npcs are level 20 promoted or are they leveled like in LvD1?

They're LV20 promoted... which is exactly how they were in LvD1.

Cellica joins as a Lv.20 Sage, correct?

Do you get any ally units for the map?

I haven't finished the map, but I assume so, as level and stats seem to be constant with their versions on the map itself.

You get the 10 main villain characters from the regular SpotPass teams as allies: Lyon, Alvis, Ashnard, etc.

Hm... good point. I guess I'll fight a bunch of Entombed or something.

Btw Othin, did you recruit Loran at all? According to a video I saw, he appears in one of the villages... but they appear to be mirages. Does he appear randomly in one of them?

Edited by Andreyas

Btw Othin, did you recruit Loran at all? According to a video I saw, he appears in one of the villages... but they appear to be mirages. Does he appear randomly in one of them?

Loran is recruited by having Miriel visit the village left of where you start, it's not random.

I completed all the sidequests and got all the characters so far in my NM and HM files, yeah. I haven't been doing sidequests in my LM file, aside from some DLC I started doing last night. My plan is to do all the ST and KvK maps once each, then return to Ch18 and see if I have better luck.

Do you plan in the end to do the sidequests?

Yes, after finishing the game.

I'm working on completing the Support Library, so for each playthrough that requires making a new set of pairings and getting relevant family supports, etc.

To be honest, for the first time, I really do feel like I just bought the same DLC all over again.

A good indicator that the DLC map packs are almost up, IMO. The main draw for the second maps is normally a New Class along with a different set of enemies to fight. Seeing as they didn't add any additional enemies we haven't fought previously here, that makes me believe they plan to wrap all this DLC up as we projected with LvD3.

At the very least, I look forward to what skills Celica comes with.

So say I max MU to level 20 Grandmaster and want to reclass him to a Myrmidon/Swordmaster, would he get a lot of exp at level 1 or would it be more like he was level 41?

So say I max MU to level 20 Grandmaster and want to reclass him to a Myrmidon/Swordmaster, would he get a lot of exp at level 1 or would it be more like he was level 41?

As a LV20 Grandmaster, he's treated as a LV40 unit. Half of those levels carry over when using a Change Seal, so he'd be counted as a LV21 character if reclassed to Myrmidon or a LV41 character if reclassed to Swordmaster.

I should mention that level before promoting to Grandmaster does not affect any of this.

Edited by Othin

As a LV20 Grandmaster, he's treated as a LV40 unit. Half of those levels carry over when using a Change Seal, so he'd be counted as a LV21 character if reclassed to Myrmidon or a LV41 character if reclassed to Swordmaster.

I should mention that level before promoting to Grandmaster does not affect any of this.

So if you promoted at level 20 Grandmaster(L40) -> Swordmaster, then got Swordmaster to level 20 before promotion... How would that work? Would Swordmaster be considered L60 at that point?

So if you promoted at level 20 Grandmaster(L40) -> Swordmaster, then got Swordmaster to level 20 before promotion... How would that work? Would Swordmaster be considered L60 at that point?

Are you talking about being a LV20 Myrmidon or LV20 Swordmaster?

If it's the former, that doesn't make a difference. When you use a Master Seal, the game doesn't care about your level before promotion; it just sets the Exp gain to based on level+20 like in most games - that is, before applying internal levels from past Change Seal uses.

If you mean you go to LV20 Grandmaster and then LV20 Swordmaster and then use a Change Seal again, then yeah, you'll save another 20 internal levels for a total of 40, so if you went into another promoted class like that, you'd be counted as LV61. Fortunately, the game is nice enough that this won't quite happen except on Lunatic. It stops counting internal levels at a certain point: 20 for Normal, 30 for Hard, and 50 for Lunatic. You can keep gaining levels, and the game still affects your Exp gains based on your class levels, but it won't keep increasing it between classes: on Normal, no matter how many times you use Change Seals and level up more, a LV1 Swordmaster will never be counted as higher than a LV41 unit.

Man, the promoted enemies in KvK are even tougher than the ones in my current main story chapters. Way tougher. Eyvel has 41 Spd, the same as Renha, and charges you from the start. I had MU fight her and Cyas, but then he got killed by Ares. On my next attempt, when I tried to fight Ares properly, he turned out to be nearly invincible, having over 70 HP and taking no damage from most attacks. Once again, I had to just use MU with help from Olivia and Krom to repeatedly attack and kill him. This is not looking good for a change in the pattern of these maps to actually get other characters to do anything.

That attempt ended when I wound up unable to safely heal MU to survive Julia's ridiculously powerful attack after Sairi failed to kill her. I've been finding myself having to fall back continuously, like usual when fighting Lunatic enemies in an open field. I'm probably going to eventually need to barricade my team at the somewhat enclosed area around the top village; hopefully I'll still be able to get Exp for the rest of my team there. If nothing else, at least I'll have Leaf and Alm as new competent members of my team to throw at things, along with some shiny new items. I might also get Celice, but with how much trouble KvK1 is so far, I'm not feeling optimistic about my odds of surviving KvK3 at this point.

Edited by Othin

Already did ST. I don't think there's any value in doing sidequests at this point; the only ones I've unlocked are the first four, which have very low-level enemies that really wouldn't help.

I'm sure I can make it through this; it'll just be a challenge. And I've overcome bigger challenges already in Lunatic.

I'm surprised KvK is giving you so much trouble--in my grinding up for LvD, I've found that characters have been able to solo KvK3 around aggregate level 40 or so, with a good double. I'd think that a group of level 25s or 30s would be able to take it as a team.