Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

My import just came in, and so far I'm absolutely loving it. I'm only on Ch. 5 normal mode, and still getting used to some of the new things like the double mechanic, but it's quickly coming to me, and it's already one of my most enjoyable FE experiences to date. Though I wish I could actually read the dialogue; the characters' facial expressions, little voice bits, and accompanying music have been suggesting some really interesting story(I would have loved to read Callum's recruitment dialogue ._.)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might not be the right place to ask, but can anyone link to Celica's DLC map?

Link? I don't know of any images, but it's FE9 Ch8 during the day.

I'm pretty sure all DLC characters basically act as a MU and can be anything you want.

This is correct. They can reclass into all regular classes available to their gender - that is, anything an MU would have access to, so Strategist is included, but classes like Lord and Manakete are not.

This is correct. They can reclass into all regular classes available to their gender - that is, anything an MU would have access to, so Strategist is included, but classes like Lord and Manakete are not.

Cool cool. I was not interested in DLC Marth until I noticed good growths made him useable as every thing.

Still does not answer my first question: How does Roy handle?

Well, I haven't really used him. Only DLC characters I've used ingame are Marth, Leaf, and Alm, and all of them only briefly. They all held up as solid units for their joining time, which for when Leaf and Alm can join is unusual and incredibly valuable on Lunatic.

Ike. This site is made of stats. You have access to every piece of data the site as. Look at the Awakening section (not the forums, unless you want to see what supports are up) and you'll find out how everything works. Roy himself gets 1 point of defense extra in exchange for 1 point of strength. He also has 3 points of extra skill.

Edit: Lord Roy was sucky for a lord and overall chara in his original game unless you devoted a crap ton of exp for him and not many other units. MercRoy can be anything and trained infinitely, so he's better.

Edited by Only My Unit

Aw, I see. The guy who posted his playthrough on youtube is using Star Lord Marth and he mows down most everything in Chapter 6. Roy's stats are not up.

So keep us posted on Inverse. I am curious on how she goes from antagonist to MU's baby mama.

Edited by Ike of Paris

I'll try to follow the events, but my ability to understand the actual dialogue will be, as always, near-nonexistent, so I can only offer so much help with that.

Edited by Othin

On Lunatic? I've been using whatever I can get. I don't actually have any Brave weapons yet, and the staffs other than Rescue are just healing. Which is still incredibly helpful; there's a reason I have five healers right now, although Tiamo doesn't really count, and Libera and Leaf do plenty of fighting.

On my postgame files, I just rush things with cheap weapons. I never needed to get too fancy during the story mode on either Normal or Hard, either.

When I play any Fire Emblem, I try to have as many special weapons as possible, like Killer, Reavers, Slayers, Braves, you name it. I also try to get like 20+ Physic staves.

Some quick questions on passing on skills: Just so I'm clear, children units receive the last active skill from BOTH parents, right? Giving them 2 inherited skills? And this is just to clarify, the site says parents pass on the last(5th) skill, so if a parent has 4 or fewer skills when he/she enters the chapter, he/she will still pass on their last skill? Or does it have to be a fifth?

And now that I think about it, how long do I have after I trigger a child unit's side quest before I have to go to it and do the quest? Example: Wood's side quest appears after I beat Chapter 14 and Liz is married. The side quest won't disappear or anything if I don't go complete it immediately, will it? Like if I need to do a few skirmishes to do some class changes and build up skills, will I be able to get everything I need and then go tackle the quest when I'm ready, or do I have some time limit?

It's the last equipped skill (barring DLC skills and the special case of Aether/Royal Weapon).

The side chapters don't disappear after a certain amount of time, so you have all the time you want to tweak the parents' stats and whatever skills you want to pass down.

Edited by Remnant Sage

Some quick questions on passing on skills: Just so I'm clear, children units receive the last active skill from BOTH parents, right? Giving them 2 inherited skills? And this is just to clarify, the site says parents pass on the last(5th) skill, so if a parent has 4 or fewer skills when he/she enters the chapter, he/she will still pass on their last skill? Or does it have to be a fifth?

And now that I think about it, how long do I have after I trigger a child unit's side quest before I have to go to it and do the quest? Example: Wood's side quest appears after I beat Chapter 14 and Liz is married. The side quest won't disappear or anything if I don't go complete it immediately, will it? Like if I need to do a few skirmishes to do some class changes and build up skills, will I be able to get everything I need and then go tackle the quest when I'm ready, or do I have some time limit?

Yes. Two skills, it takes them even if the parents have less than five. I don't know why Vincent says five.

And yeah, all sidequests will stick around forever; no rush. A number of them can be reached from Ch13 but aren't meant to be played at that point because the enemies are so high leveled, so you can wait as long as you need. Others usually take longer to unlock even after Ch13; Wood's is one of those.

Okay, thank you. Having gone through a few chapters of the game now, it quickly dawned on me that I'm going to have to start planning all these children characters, so I just wanted to make sure how much time I needed to plan this out.

Well, you don't have to; it's not a big deal from a gameplay perspective. But it's definitely fun.

Edited by Othin

Have you made forges?

On the DS FEs, it's found that a good way to ease the difficulty of a map is to forge an effective weapon enough to OHKO something. You seem to have a lot of trouble with enemies like Griffin Knights so if you can afford it, I suggest forging a Beastkiller. At the very least, forging it to 2HKO stuff should also make things significantly easier.