NoA grabs domain title for Fire Emblem:Awakening

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

This is great news! Sure, it might be unused, but with Supermariobros and Pokemon alongside it, we have pretty good chances. If they didn't release those, (especially mario) They would be insane.

At this point, if they announced that they wouldn't release it, I would cry. For 3 days. and then I would get angry and kill reggie.

Edited by Melonhead215

I should mention that, like trademarks, domains can be registered without being used. I can't recall any unused Nintendo domains off the top of my head. However somebody on NeoGAF pointed out http://disasterdayofcrisis.com/, which is for a game that got released in Japan and PAL territories, but not America.

Mmm... not entirely sure that's a particularly valid comparison. Disaster Day of Crisis was published by Nintendo, but developed by Monolith Soft. The game was shown off at E3 in 2006, thus in development and with pre-established contracts. Nintendo didn't acquire Monolith Soft (making it 1st party) until 2007. The game was released in 2008. There's too much background story for me to take it as an especially solid example. The domain was registered in April 25th, 2006, making it created while still 3rd party. With Nintendo acquiring the company I assume NOA just said 'Dibs' on all .com domains.

Where as, you get Tingle's game, a spin off of a first party brand, and it gets a subdirectory on Nintendo Europe's website. Rosy Rupee Land was developed by Vanpool who, if Wikipedia is to be trusted, has worked exclusively on games for Nintendo systems since 2003. With a single exception of 'Lets Fish' in 2007. That's practically second party. But the point is, from day one, Rosy Rupee Land was a Nintendo owned property. NOE didn't see fit to give it a domain.

Inteligent Systems on the other hand, is first party, indisputably. I may be reading the leaves in my favor, and thus not unbiased, but I'm sure this means Fire Emblem: Awakening is coming to NOA

Edited by Wooster

Awesome! It would also be cool if they brought over that awesome-looking 3DS that came with a preorder in Japan.

Though I have a nagging suspicion that the DLC will get butchered somehow, especially considering the US has never had a formal release of Genealogy or the other games that the DLC draws from (wait, that's all of them, isn't it?)

Even if it is announced for NA it probably won't be released here until Japan has played and forgotten all about it.

As for the special edition bundle goes, I'd rather have a Dragon Quest 3DS. :)

28i59oy.jpg

Oh my god. (Avatar) I WANT THAT SO BAD

These domains are very specific for general domain protection (getting names before others get it). Usually when a publisher tries to domain protect, there are slurries of different versions being registered. These three compact addresses are very telling :)

Luckily my brother has a 3DS--hopefully the title is out by the end of summer...!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

All those babies I sacrificed worked! HUZZAH!

All those babies I sacrificed worked! HUZZAH!

You too? I swear, I thought it would work at just a few babies, but nothing game up.

Know what they say, 946th times the charm.

Alright, enough of the two year old humor :newyears:

TBH, while this isn't a confirmation, I certainly feel more confident and assured in the game now. With E3 soon it's not like we have to wait long until we find out if it's really coming or not.

Edited by Esaka