NoA grabs domain title for Fire Emblem:Awakening

You know, I saw the youtube video with "Andrew W. K." and just assumed smash was making this post

Funny thing is, 'm not actually too fond of Andrew WK, but when I start to get super amped about something, thus tune starts to play in my head.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being in Nintendo Power doesn't mean much. New Mystery of the Emblem was also in Nintendo Power.

However, I think that between the European release, the good sales figures from Japan and the domain name being reserved, there's enough evidence to strongly indicate that this will see an American release.

But that FE12 preview was only in European magazines :o

FE12 never got one over here in America.

And seeing as the ONM also got an FE13 preview, I'd say things are looking up.

And even if this doesn't mean much, you're pretty much right on the other points.

D:

foiled again

Hey, we still got points. No one's countered my rebuttal to Vince's cautious stance on the domain registration.

'Sides. It's already coming out in Europe. And I highly doubt NOA would say no to their first game with paid DLC if it already has English in it. All we await is June with either E3 or Nintendo Direct. And then we await November or so for the game.

I'd say the Europe release is enough to guarantee it coming out here. It's rare for Europe and Japan to get a game and the US not to. Coupled with everything else, I can't see it not being released. Fine to be cautious, but I'd say here it's perhaps being a bit too cautious. I'd say now it's just a matter of when, not if, and guessing by the end of the year at worst.

I was going to order the game from europe to play on my 3ds, but now i won't have to play the outrageous shipping prices!

But seriously, can you even play a European game on an american console? I didn't think it would make a difference.

I was going to order the game from europe to play on my 3ds, but now i won't have to play the outrageous shipping prices!

But seriously, can you even play a European game on an american console? I didn't think it would make a difference.

Don't 3DSes have region coding? I'm pretty sure that gets in the way.

Edited by Little Al

Whoever came up with this region lock shit needs to be shot. Who thought that was a good idea. Oh, wait nevermind. They probably figured region locking games would force people to buy more consoles. Money-grubbing....

Region Locking is because Europeans would often just import their games from America because it gets released there a good 2-4 months earlier.

This of course hampered European sales themselves resultign in some games not being released in Europe at all.

And this forces even more people to import from America.

And then the circle is round.

To the point where many players just import everything from America rather then buying an European console.

Except, if memory serves, aren't the majority of European translations based upon the English one? Ipso facto, you expect them to sit on the finished English game for four months?

The boyfriend and I went to Nintendo World over the weekend, and we saw a whole display case showcasing the legacy of Fire Emblem. Not only were every single game, including the Japanese ones, being displayed, there was also a whole bunch of Fire Emblem paraphernalia. A replica of Marth's Falchion was in the middle, the Black Knight's helmet was on the side, and there were even TCG cards on the bottom of the display case. By the looks of things, North America should have a pretty good chance of getting a release.

The boyfriend and I went to Nintendo World over the weekend, and we saw a whole display case showcasing the legacy of Fire Emblem. Not only were every single game, including the Japanese ones, being displayed, there was also a whole bunch of Fire Emblem paraphernalia. A replica of Marth's Falchion was in the middle, the Black Knight's helmet was on the side, and there were even TCG cards on the bottom of the display case. By the looks of things, North America should have a pretty good chance of getting a release.

That was arranged by Nintendo World employees, who are by no means Nintendo officials. These displays have no bearing on Nintendo's potential future plans; after all, note that they also have a very sizable MOTHER display...

That was arranged by Nintendo World employees, who are by no means Nintendo officials. These displays have no bearing on Nintendo's potential future plans; after all, note that they also have a very sizable MOTHER display...

They also have a sizable Pikmin and Animal Crossing display. Animal Crossing 3DS is another upcoming release, so I don't see why they wouldn't try to at least promote Fire Emblem in a display case in anticipation of an upcoming release.

Edited by Sakusa

...Along with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Pokémon etc displays. One of which doesn't currently have anything in the works at all as far as anyone knows. According to a Nintendo World employee who posted on GoNintendo in response to news of this display circulating: (comment isolated out of the bullshit by EarthBound Central)

I am truly sorry to those of you who missed the inclusion of games like Mother 3 and the Fire Emblem Series. This display is designed to show fan appreciation for some series that do not get enough public acknowledgment. Most of the members of Nintendo World’s staff are attempting to write their love letter to the fans of these series. Most are just as upset as you that Duster will never feel the lash of Wess’ tongue in English, or that we will never play through the second half of Marth’s story without the help of a printed translation by our side. Take their inclusion as a glimmer of hope, not a slap in the face.

These are employees of a store. They are not involved with Nintendo's actual operations on any level. This display is at least two months old; why would they be privy to NoA's localisation intentions over two months before the game in question has even been released in Japan, never mind before the announcement of the game's localization? They've no reason to be. Not to mention, there are unofficial goods and games which will never see an actual American release in there, the sorts of things NoA is highly unlikely to put in any "proper" promotional material for FE13. At the end of the day, they're just us, except they happen to work in a Nintendo store and have taken advantage of that fact. This is simply not an official sign from NoA concerning the game's American fate.

Are they promoting the series in general? Yes, that's a given. Are they aware of the existence of FE13? Probably. Do they have confirmation of an American release of the game? No, and they won't until an announcement comes.

Except, if memory serves, aren't the majority of European translations based upon the English one? Ipso facto, you expect them to sit on the finished English game for four months?

Radiant Dawn was released in Europe 5 months later then US. And guess what. I can easily list al the changes.

-Muarim was no longer Ike's Sister.

-Sentinel got renamed Lancer

-Callil gets +4 if both her AND Largo capped in PoR.

-Astra renamed Astrum

-Kyza renamed to Kysha or other way around.

There is probably more that I don't know.

And no. I do not get French/German/Spanish/Jabberish language options. ONLY English. (non England country btw)

There is no way that had to take 5 and a half months.

I stand corrected on the contents of EU Fire Emblems. But, I'm starting to understand why there was a huge gap.

Let's say it took a few weeks to document the new bugs found since release and a couple more to implement, do internal testing print and market.

Radiant Dawn came out in November, by the time the bug free version was ready it'd be Christmas. Way too late to launch. Further, no one has money in January. Bad time to launch. According to Sven at Capcom, Febuary is the earliest they like to launch with post holiday games for the aforementioned reason. My guess is while they could've launched then, they decided to start advertising then. Thus March.

I feel you could've gotten it a month earlier, looking at the big picture. But it looks like that whole cycle could've been avoided if NOA could've launched a month earlier to not offset Europe. Then you might've gotten it in with the holiday rush and had bug fixes.

Edited by Wooster