Support Conversations

The NoireexMaleMark support was a bit disappointing in my opinion, but the KromxSoiree support was a pleasant surprise for me. So they were childhood friends, interesting. At least that explains why she was one of the marriage candidates.

Am I the only one who finds surprising that Krom has so few girls he can marry?

Olivia Snake is the best laugh.gif

I thought that Krom would have some type of support with Tiamo, after all she has a crush on him, and they could be a cute couple.

Also is Olivia like a stalker or something, it's cute but also weird.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Krom would have some type of support with Tiamo, after all she has a crush on him, and they could be a cute couple.

Yeah, sadly no. Intelligent Systems practically shafted that possibility by only giving Krom 5 female supports in the entire game. >_> If IS is ever going to patch the game (not just add DLC), I think they need to realize that giving Krom only 5 marriage options was a terrible mistake. Although they'd still need to exclude Liz if that's the case. Incest pairings...x_x Yet Wood and Lucina is already an incest pairing, so that's a huge WTF on that front.

Say, anyone translating Wood X Noire yet? I could maybe try giving a crack at it. Problem is, I barely understand Chinese, and don't know of any decent translators that could help me (I wouldn't trust Google Translate with this at all). Anyone know of one that might work?

If IS is ever going to patch the game (not just add DLC), I think they need to realize that giving Krom only 5 marriage options was a terrible mistake.

It's a design choice; I don't think it's really our place to call it a mistake.

Consider that 5 marriage supports is still more than most lords have had in past games. In fact, only Roy comes to mind as having had more. Yes, marriage means a lot more in this game than it did in others, but I think limiting the marriage supports for Krom was done intentionally so that they didn't become as generic, and actually meant more.

I would have liked Krom x Tiamo though.

Consider that 5 marriage supports is still more than most lords have had in past games. In fact, only Roy comes to mind as having had more. Yes, marriage means a lot more in this game than it did in others, but I think limiting the marriage supports for Krom was done intentionally so that they didn't become as generic, and actually meant more.

Me too, she likes Krom, and she should have a shot at him. It sad to see them not together.

Don't forget Lord of Pimps, Celice gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

If you count the subs, Celice has way more wife options than Roy gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

It's a design choice; I don't think it's really our place to call it a mistake.

Maybe so. But they could at least give us KromXTiamo, couldn't they? Bastards...

Hmm...I was able to translate WoodXNoire, but it's really rough. Anyone think they can help me fix the broken English? It's rather unsettling, really.

EDIT: So far all I know from translating this thing is that Noire can't cook for shit, yet she wants to try baking a cake. Wood decides to be helpfully enthusiastic and taste-test all her inventions, which turns out to be a success. Yet sometime later after Noire bakes more cakes, he gets caught up in naming the "sections" of her cake. It's rather amusing.

Edited by Karaszure

Yeah, sadly no. Intelligent Systems practically shafted that possibility by only giving Krom 5 female supports in the entire game. >_> If IS is ever going to patch the game (not just add DLC), I think they need to realize that giving Krom only 5 marriage options was a terrible mistake. Although they'd still need to exclude Liz if that's the case. Incest pairings...x_x Yet Wood and Lucina is already an incest pairing, so that's a huge WTF on that front.

Say, anyone translating Wood X Noire yet? I could maybe try giving a crack at it. Problem is, I barely understand Chinese, and don't know of any decent translators that could help me (I wouldn't trust Google Translate with this at all). Anyone know of one that might work?

Kissing cousins is considered okay in Japan and a lot of places, and since Lucina has y be born by chapter 13, and he has to be married by chapter 11, Chrom can only marry female characters recruited before then. And we know she's not a Manakete or Taguel, so Nono and Velvet are out, and Tiamo's the new Catria so her inability to hook up with Chrom is intentional. That still leaves Sariya and Miriel, though.

Edited by Mysterique Sign

Kissing cousins is considered okay in Japan and a lot of places, and since Lucina has y be born by chapter 13, and he has to be married by chapter 11, Chrom can only marry female characters recruited before then. And we know she's not a Manakete or Taguel, so Nono and Velvet are out, and Tiamo's the new Catria so her inability to hook up with Chrom is intentional. That still leaves Sariya and Miriel, though.

Still, I'm a little curious how that's gonna play out when they translate it to english. It may be somewhat accepted in Japan, but not necessarily here in the U.S. (It's a southern stereotype too. Lucky me. XD) I honestly think they'll just take any mention of Lucina and Wood being related and any Aunt Liz/Uncle Krom bits out and hope people forget they're actually related.

Edited by Yojimbo

Ok, that explains a lot, although Miriel and Sariya are still unexplained. Tiamo's case is interesting. In a game in which almost anybody can hook up with anybody else, she will always be remembered as the one with the unrequited crush sad.gif

However, I still find Krom's case strange and a bit inconvenient. You know, there are so many supports out there that everybody should find more than a handful of them interesting (in a narrative way, not about stats), but with Krom, the only one who has to marry, I'm a bit disappointed. I, for one, expected much more from his support with Sumia (the supposedly better candidate). I liked Soiree, though.

Krom/Miriel would screw up Loran's father support.

Give them a unique one then

Honestly, the selfish gamer in me thinks that Krom's kids deserved unique supports with him, what with their dad being the Prince, and eventual King, of Iris. Come on, IS, it's not like this isn't the wordiest FE till date already.

Ok, that explains a lot, although Miriel and Sariya are still unexplained. Tiamo's case is interesting. In a game in which almost anybody can hook up with anybody else, she will always be remembered as the one with the unrequited crush sad.gif

However, I still find Krom's case strange and a bit inconvenient. You know, there are so many supports out there that everybody should find more than a handful of them interesting (in a narrative way, not about stats), but with Krom, the only one who has to marry, I'm a bit disappointed. I, for one, expected much more from his support with Sumia (the supposedly better candidate). I liked Soiree, though.

PFFF... I bet that Sariya is too jealous of Krom closeness with MU and if she had a support it would be like FemaleMU(no-mother)/Lucina, maybe that's why she doesn't support with him?

Sariya: Krom I noticed that you're always close to MU, stop it!

Krom: What?

Sariya: Don't play fool, he always looks the most worried with you!

Krom: Well, he's my tactician, of course we should be close!

Sariya: No, it's not normal, as I put a curse on you so that you wouldn't notice his presence, but yet you guys are still hanging around!

Krom: Wait a second, is that why I didn't see MU recently?

pFFFF... There's no way that they would support, yep,

Oh, Kroms kids supports are still generic? :/ With his limits they should've at least given him unique supports...

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure.

I do think he definitely should've had them, but I didn't think so.

Still, I'm a little curious how that's gonna play out when they translate it to english. It may be somewhat accepted in Japan, but not necessarily here in the U.S. (It's a southern stereotype too. Lucky me. XD) I honestly think they'll just take any mention of Lucina and Wood being related and any Aunt Liz/Uncle Krom bits out and hope people forget they're actually related.

Oddly enough, while it's a social stigma to be kissing your cousin in the US (and a lot of redneck/southern jokes are based around it), it's legal in a large amount of states to marry your first cousin. IS can get away with Lucina and Wood in the port since it is a 'period piece' or however they'd consider it. It's not like a lot of medieval TV shows/movies in the US are censored for it since it was more socially acceptable to preserve blood lines. If it were a modern FE though I'm sure it'd get censored real quick.

But on topic, I'm curious, did they ever put up transcripts for the rest of the Sol/FeMU supports?

I'm really curious as to how Henry's and Sariya's support would play out. I mean on one hand you got a mysterious, almost creepy, dark mage who is overly obsessed with MU and on the other hand you have yet another dark mage who doesn't give two cents about putting down a poor ol' pup who only had an injured leg. Plus it seems as if both of them are fairly familure with curses so who knows what that may lead to... =P

I dunno, but I sure as heck wish I could translate Chinese or Japanese or something to find out... =(

I'm also curious to see who this Paris chap is, considering that that's what Ike was originally called in his earlier versions... It's fairly unlikely but what if he's one of Ike's descendants?? Like maybe they took the earlier version of Ike, updated/edited him a bit, and made Paris...? Who knows, anythings possible I suppose...

I'm really curious as to how Henry's and Sariya's support would play out. I mean on one hand you got a mysterious, almost creepy, dark mage who is overly obsessed with MU and on the other hand you have yet another dark mage who doesn't give two cents about putting down a poor ol' pup who only had an injured leg. Plus it seems as if both of them are fairly familure with curses so who knows what that may lead to... =P

Oh, yeah, that support must be really interesting. It could be pure gold if done well. Funny, creepy or even heartwarming. After all, Sariya has showed a more concerned side of her in her supports, even if she had to boss people around, and after reading the OliviaxHenry support, I liked Henry's character even more. But I could be wrong. There are so many supports that some of them can't be as good as the rest, so who knows.

I don't know why, but I'm also waiting for ViolexSariya. That must be funny.