Support Conversations

Also, I can't help but notice that we have essentially no parent/child supports between Mark and a Second Gen Character. Are the parent/child supports different to the normal supports, or do they simply cut off at A Rank? Or are they all identical to the Mark support with Krom, barring a few minor differences?

I actually can't find any parent-child supports between Mark and a second gen character. But since I know that when a second gen character is a sibling of Mark, their conversation is that of a set sibling support for Mark, not a modified version of their "standard" support. So I can guess that the parent-child relationship takes the support of Mark's set parent-child support. And just as a note, Mark's parent-child supports are the same regardless of gender. Mark's support with MU is always the same, and Mark's support with his/her other parent is always the same.

...If that's not too confusing. XD

Edited by four loose screws

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I found this a tad confusing. Are you saying that he's not good because he allows you to trivialise the game? Or that he's not good enough to allow you to trivialise the game? Or that on higher difficulties, he's not good at all?

If you don't grind, he's just really bad. If you grind, he can destroy everything, but so can everyone, so who cares?

[spoiler=Rufure x Grego C]Grego: Here, Rufure. Drink this.

Rufure: Huh? What's this?

Grego: This is a medicine I often use on my travels. It's a little bitter though so bear with it.

Rufure: A medicine... There's nothing wrong with me, you know?

Grego: Really now? So your throat isn't bothering you at all?

Rufure: Ye... Ah, come to think of it, it has been itching for a while...

Grego: I thought as much. Your breathing was a little off during the last fight.

Rufure: Eh? You can even notice the breathing patterns of others...? That's amazing.

Grego: I'm only this focused on health. After all, a mercenary's body is his most important tool.

Rufure: So taking care of your body is also part of the job. I have to follow your example too... What stuff do you normally watch out for, Grego?

Grego: Gargling, washing your hands, and keeping your body warm. Those three are the basic principles.

Rufure: Eh... That's unexpectedly common. Isn't there some sort of secret method or something?

Grego: A secret method... well, I suppose there is. It something that only men can do. You're a man so if you want to do it...

Rufure: ...Um, I think I'd rather not hear it actually.

Grego: Ah, one more thing. I also know a really good secret for sleeping together. [T/N: Yes, he is talking about that kind of sleeping together. Are we sure that Awakening doesn't have Yuri or Yaoi pairings?]

Rufure: Come again? What are you saying!

Grego: Haha, relax a little.

Rufure: I won't!

[spoiler=Rufure x Grego B]Rufure: Grego. Thanks for that medicine. My fever had really gone up that night but it had dropped by morning.

Grego: Did you get any weird dreams or hallucinations because of your fever?

Rufure: Ugh...

Grego: Hm~mm, what are you blushing about all of a sudden? Did you see the two of us sleeping together?

Rufure: We weren't sleeping together, no... I dreamt that I was sleeping with my head in your lap... What an unthinkable nightmare...!

Grego: Ah, I see. So that's why your heart skipped a beat when you saw my face.

Rufure: ...Ever since then, I was too scared to go to bed and didn't get a wink of sleep. Even if it's a joke, please stop saying things like that... Here, look. Because I didn't get enough sleep, my eyes have gone red.

Grego: Hmm, even though I would think it'd be great that your dreams start off with finding love.

Rufure: Yes, yes, that's very funny. Ugh... I'm starting to get shivers down my spine.

Grego: ? Hey, Rufure. Show me your eyes for a sec.

Rufure: H, hey, I'll really get upset, Grego, alright?

Grego: Quiet!

Rufure: !!

Grego: That blood congestion... shivers down the spine... Were you bitten by an insect recently?

Rufure: I... think so.

Grego: You were probably bitten by a bug carrying a nasty disease. Let's go. If we don't get this treated right away, your life will be in danger.

Rufure: Ah... y, yes... Thank you...

[spoiler=Rufure x Grego A]Grego: Rufure. How are you doing?

Rufure: Ah, Grego. I'm much better now, thanks to you. Krom's personal physician says that it would have been much worse if you hadn't treated me. I owe you my life, Grego.

Grego: Sometimes it's better to listen obediently to your elders. You might be a prodigy but there's still plenty that you don't know. Learn as much as you can from the elderly. At least until you're no longer such a greenhorn.

Rufure: That's certainly true. Sorry for how I treated you at the time.

Grego: Don't sweat it. But...

Rufure: Is something wrong?

Grego: Did you dream that you were sleeping on my lap again?

Rufure: Ah, now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing it anymore after that. Why do you ask?

Grego: Oh, it's nothing. I just thought that I should get an appearance fee if I have to keep popping up in your dreams!

Rufure: Wha...! What the heck! No need to worry; I won't be seeing that nightmare any more!

Grego: Haha, that's the spirit. Well, if you don't wanna see that nightmare again, then you'd better look after your health. If you do happen to collapse, I might have to really hold your head in my lap, you know?

Rufure: ...Eeeee! I, I'll definitely take care of myself!

Grego: Hahaha!! Attaboy!

Oh god...the innuendo is EVERYWHERE! And that's what makes Grego so awesome. XD

I actually can't find any parent-child supports between Mark and a second gen character. But since I know that when a second gen character is a sibling of Mark, their conversation is that of a set sibling support for Mark, not a modified version of their "standard" support. So I can guess that the parent-child relationship takes the support of Mark's set parent-child support. And just as a note, Mark's parent-child supports are the same regardless of gender. Mark's support with MU is always the same, and Mark's support with his/her other parent is always the same.

...If that's not too confusing. XD

...So he basically get's an adjusted version of the same support for every parent? Other than MU, obviously.

...So he basically get's an adjusted version of the same support for every parent? Other than MU, obviously.

So far, yes. I checked Female Mark's parent supports with Liz and Tiamo which turned out to be almost exactly the same as Male Mark's parent conversation with Krom. As for Mark's parent supports with the second generation, we still don't have any of their conversations to verify it with.

Edited by Enaeius

So far, yes. I checked Female Mark's parent supports with Liz and Tiamo which turned out to be almost exactly the same as Male Mark's parent conversation with Krom. As for Mark's parent supports with the second generation, we still don't have any of their conversations to verify it with.

As far as I've seen, there doesn't look to be any transcripts of 2nd-gen parents either, at least from the Japanese websites. Guess we'll have to wait a while on that.

Time to be giddy, my friend. I must admit, this support was completely different from what I had expected. Without further ado, Rufure x Grego!

EDIT: Wow, it's almost identical to Grego's support with FeMU. That was disappointing but I suppose such a hilarious conversation deserves to be repeated.

Grego: This is a medicine I often use on my travels. It's a little bitter though so bear with it.

Grego: I thought as much. Your breathing was a little off during the last fight.

Rufure: Eh? You can even notice the breathing patterns of others...? That's amazing.

Grego: I'm only this focused on health. After all, a mercenary's body is his most important tool.

Rufure: So taking care of your body is also part of the job. I have to follow your example too... What stuff do you normally watch out for, Grego?

Grego: Gargling, washing your hands, and keeping your body warm. Those three are the basic principles.

Rufure: Eh... That's unexpectedly common. Isn't there some sort of secret method or something?

Grego: A secret method... well, I suppose there is. It something that only men can do. You're a man so if you want to do it...

Grego: Ah, one more thing. I also know a really good secret for sleeping together. [T/N: Yes, he is talking about that kind of sleeping together. Are we sure that Awakening doesn't have Yuri or Yaoi pairings?]

[spoiler=Rufure x Grego B]Rufure: Grego. Thanks for that medicine. My fever had really gone up that night but it had dropped by morning.

Grego: Hm~mm, what are you blushing about all of a sudden? Did you see the two of us sleeping together?

Rufure: We weren't sleeping together, no... I dreamt that I was sleeping with my head in your lap... What an unthinkable nightmare...!

Rufure: ...Ever since then, I was too scared to go to bed and didn't get a wink of sleep. Even if it's a joke, please stop saying things like that... Here, look. Because I didn't get enough sleep, my eyes have gone red.

Grego: Hmm, even though I would think it'd be great that your dreams start off with finding love.

Rufure: Yes, yes, that's very funny. Ugh... I'm starting to get shivers down my spine.

Grego: That blood congestion... shivers down the spine... Were you bitten by an insect recently?

Grego: You were probably bitten by a bug carrying a nasty disease. Let's go. If we don't get this treated right away, your life will be in danger.

Rufure: Ah, Grego. I'm much better now, thanks to you. Krom's personal physician says that it would have been much worse if you hadn't treated me. I owe you my life, Grego.

Grego: Sometimes it's better to listen obediently to your elders. You might be a prodigy but there's still plenty that you don't know. Learn as much as you can from the elderly. At least until you're no longer such a greenhorn.

Rufure: Ah, now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing it anymore after that. Why do you ask?

Grego: Oh, it's nothing. I just thought that I should get an appearance fee if I have to keep popping up in your dreams!

Rufure: Wha...! What the heck! No need to worry; I won't be seeing that nightmare any more!

Grego: Haha, that's the spirit. Well, if you don't wanna see that nightmare again, then you'd better look after your health. If you do happen to collapse, I might have to really hold your head in my lap, you know?

Gahhhhhh~. I spoiled it for myself. /crywhine Dramatic jests aside, the support was hilarious. I was half "WTF?" and half "That's... Strangely endearing. I think?"

EDIT: Come to think of it, isn't this the kind of thing they censor when games are translated for NA? It saddens me to think that the NA version of this support might not be nearly this amusing.

But in all seriousness, I think Greg's definitely earned a permanent spot on my roster. He's just too much awesome. I actually see him having a voice similar to Malik's from ToG. He's got that same "suave troll" feel going on, and I love it.

Edited by Xjezhekiir

geez That whole I'm afraid to sleep now crap was stupid. Other than that Grego is a bro but MU continue to be hit or miss.

I still wanna read Grego and Nono's support. /hinthintnudgenudge

geez That whole I'm afraid to sleep now crap was stupid. Other than that Grego is a bro but MU continue to be hit or miss.

I still wanna read Grego and Nono's support. /hinthintnudgenudge

sob.gif Sorry I haven't been more support-translate-y. I've been busy with getting my loan for school... However, GregoNono and GregoRonku (which is almost complete) are at the top of my list.

The reason Grego/Ronku went up was due to a very big secret revealed about Grego. Let's just say another member of the crew and him go waaaay back... laugh.gif

Can anyone find MirielxSol S support? That's the support set I want to work on next after MirielxLoran. I have the support unlocked on my 3DS but obviously finding it online would make my life much easier. Thanks in advance for anyone who goes searching. ^^

Here you go. The Miriel x Sol CBAS Supports.

Time to be giddy, my friend. I must admit, this support was completely different from what I had expected. Without further ado, Rufure x Grego!

EDIT: Wow, it's almost identical to Grego's support with FeMU. That was disappointing but I suppose such a hilarious conversation deserves to be repeated.

Thank you so much!

I'm actually glad it's similar to FeMU's version. Damnit MaMU, why do you have to be scared of your feelings?

...I'd be glad to be dreaming of Grego. -Rambles to self-

Holy shit, MU is a homophobe

Or, y'know, he's just straight. Some people can have no objection to homosexuality, but still be somewhat discomfited by it. Which I suppose technically is a form of homophobia, but a very mild and not uncommon one.

Not that it really matters. This support was obviously being played for humour.

Edited by Onestep

Thank you so much!

I'm actually glad it's similar to FeMU's version. Damnit MaMU, why do you have to be scared of your feelings?

...I'd be glad to be dreaming of Grego. -Rambles to self-

I know right?! I kind of wish there was a yaoi/gay support in this game but the chances of one ever being put into an FE game period are slim if that.... =/

I mean a few hinted-at gay relationships have been in the FE series before, sure, but none that were 100% gay, sadly... =(

I know right?! I kind of wish there was a yaoi/gay support in this game but the chances of one ever being put into an FE game period are slim if that.... =/

I mean a few hinted-at gay relationships have been in the FE series before, sure, but none that were 100% gay, sadly... =(

Well, we have to put into perspective that the FE series focuses mainly on the war [medieval, at that] and individual character development. And, ofttimes, the span of a war isn't the best time to pursue a romantic relationship. (Not to mention that most FE characters seem to be varying degrees of religious, e.g. Ashera's followers vaguely resemble how the Catholic church operates, but I digress.)

As for character development, I feel like even if the person is hinted to being gay, I'd like to at least see the psychology behind it than just "lul I'm gay guise~" flat characters. emo13.gif I mean, take Heather for example. Her 'attraction' toward girls actually stems from her father being a jerk, so she'd think that the majority of men would be like that. ...Doesn't help when there's people like Shinon & Gatrie around... dry.gif Didn't help that we got the abbrev form of FE:RD either, which gypped us of a LOT of info. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif The only games that have anything beyond hints at romantic relationships are Genealogy and Awakening, and the main reason for the marriages were to get the children characters, which are a big help, admittedly, and for plot relevance/enhancement.

That and Japan has a slightly different view of homosexuality than the West does. There's no laws against it, but no legal recognition of homosexual relationships either, and it really just isn't that big of a deal in Japan. It's not a major focus in Japanese politics, nor is it that heavily discussed. Contrast the US where you have the Chick-Fil-A scandal, pride parades and a whole other assortment of things... blah blah blah blah blah. But anyway, that's some of the main reasons you won't find gay relationships often if at all in FE... but then again, who knows what could happen.

As for character development, I feel like even if the person is hinted to being gay, I'd like to at least see the psychology behind it than just "lul I'm gay guise~" flat characters. emo13.gif I mean, take Heather for example. Her 'attraction' toward girls actually stems from her father being a jerk, so she'd think that the majority of men would be like that. ...Doesn't help when there's people like Shinon & Gatrie around... dry.gif Didn't help that we got the abbrev form of FE:RD either, which gypped us of a LOT of info. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

I find Heather to be the perfect example of a bad homosexual character. There is nothing to her beside her sexuality. I don't recall a single conversation from her where she doesn't hit on a girl or hate a man. She makes Gatrie look like a master of subtlety.

Then again, it was RD, not the best game for minor character development...

I find Heather to be the perfect example of a bad homosexual character. There is nothing to her beside her sexuality. I don't recall a single conversation from her where she doesn't hit on a girl or hate a man. She makes Gatrie look like a master of subtlety.

I think that's just called shit writing for RD characters. So, yes.

Well, we have to put into perspective that the FE series focuses mainly on the war [medieval, at that] and individual character development. And, ofttimes, the span of a war isn't the best time to pursue a romantic relationship. (Not to mention that most FE characters seem to be varying degrees of religious, e.g. Ashera's followers vaguely resemble how the Catholic church operates, but I digress.)

As for character development, I feel like even if the person is hinted to being gay, I'd like to at least see the psychology behind it than just "lul I'm gay guise~" flat characters. emo13.gif I mean, take Heather for example. Her 'attraction' toward girls actually stems from her father being a jerk, so she'd think that the majority of men would be like that. ...Doesn't help when there's people like Shinon & Gatrie around... dry.gif Didn't help that we got the abbrev form of FE:RD either, which gypped us of a LOT of info. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif The only games that have anything beyond hints at romantic relationships are Genealogy and Awakening, and the main reason for the marriages were to get the children characters, which are a big help, admittedly, and for plot relevance/enhancement.

That and Japan has a slightly different view of homosexuality than the West does. There's no laws against it, but no legal recognition of homosexual relationships either, and it really just isn't that big of a deal in Japan. It's not a major focus in Japanese politics, nor is it that heavily discussed. Contrast the US where you have the Chick-Fil-A scandal, pride parades and a whole other assortment of things... blah blah blah blah blah. But anyway, that's some of the main reasons you won't find gay relationships often if at all in FE... but then again, who knows what could happen.

Yea, I know, I just wish there was at least one you know?

And I didn't neccesarily mean the stereotypical gay that you can spot right off the bat or anything like that., I mean I personally would like a more in-depth look as to why they are who they are myself....

Again, I just wished that they had one, or would make one sometime in the future.

It'd make the game more diverse, you know? I mean this is like one of their first games to have an actual Black person in it, isn't it? And this is the first one that introduces a culture similar to feudal Japan. So I mean it is getting more and more diverse, even if it just race-wise at the moment. =P

Yea, I know, I just wish there was at least one you know?

And I didn't neccesarily mean the stereotypical gay that you can spot right off the bat or anything like that., I mean I personally would like a more in-depth look as to why they are who they are myself....

Again, I just wished that they had one, or would make one sometime in the future.

It'd make the game more diverse, you know? I mean this is like one of their first games to have an actual Black person in it, isn't it? And this is the first one that introduces a culture similar to feudal Japan. So I mean it is getting more and more diverse, even if it just race-wise at the moment. =P

This is... at least the third one to have a black person, but it's the first to have "Asian" (Eastern Feudal Era) people. Still, I suppose it would be interesting for different orientations... then again, it's not like it's stopped the fandom before... [Agh... so many IkeSoren fics... argh... Though there's other issues I have with that one...] I mean, the most plausible one I see is nonsexual, which would just be not being interested in either gender. mellow.gif

I mean, yeah, it'd be more diverse, but given the tone of the game, I doubt they'd just give people the gay option unless it was plot relevant. I mean, in both marriageable games, the kids were plot relevant. Although for now, Heather is your best bet - she was actually down-toned for American audiences - and outright says she joined "for all the pretty girls" or something along those lines in the Japanese version.

I'm fine with whatever, as long as it's accurate. I mean, yay diversity, but if they go along with medieval history, most places weren't fond of homosexuality happening, especially in Europe, so that would be another thing to think about. Sure it would be nice, but it wouldn't be plausible for a character to be homosexual in most cases during medieval history, and if they were, dire consequences would be in place if anyone let the secret out.

Wait... I think that part about her dad was in the left-out part of the Japanese version... I think it was, anyway. Crappy translation once again! gee_wiz_emoticon.gifFacepalm_emote_gif.gif[The "Extended" Japanese version had much more dialogue & way better backstory.] The American Heather was the bad version... because they left out the part about the reasons. I agree about the RD character development - outside of maybe Skrimir, Micaiah, Nailah & Rafiel, they sucked them into "Generics With a Name" Land. And even those four had... hit-or-miss development. Noooo support conversations = fandom IS NOT PLEASED. D:<

Edited by Blumpen

Wait... I think that part about her dad was in the left-out part of the Japanese version... I think it was, anyway. Crappy translation once again! gee_wiz_emoticon.gifFacepalm_emote_gif.gif[The "Extended" Japanese version had much more dialogue & way better backstory.] The American Heather was the bad version... because they left out the part about the reasons.

At the very least, the Japanese version was given a reason... but not a very good one as far as representing lesbians in general. The idea of Heather's sexuality coming from her less-than-stellar father has it's origins with Freud, who originated the idea that homosexuality came from parents who didn't fit gender roles. Without parents that fit gender roles, Freud claimed that children could never mature sexually and thus became sexually immature adults who could then turn to homosexuality. Freud is credited for many great things, but being right is not one of them by any means... During his time, this idea was the accepted one.

I learned all of this in an LGBTQIA film and literature course. In one of the novels we read, a pulp fiction novel from the 50's, the main character's big confrontation with her horrible father includes coming out, blaming it on him, him taking the blame and feeling like he's worth less than dirt, then the two never seeing each other again. Yeah... that was just the understanding of the people at the time. Since then, it has come to be a horrible stereotype that only the most bigoted cling to. Freud just didn't do research - he only made educated guesses, something that certainly does not fly in today's psychology world. That and other factors, like he never discussed what single parent and/or divorced parent families produce and other such things. Many today agree that sexuality is determined through a combination of nature and nurture that we don't know much of anything about yet - but Freud certainly was looking at it in the wrong way.

And so, in short, Heather having a jerk father is not a great way to represent her sexuality because it uses a stereotype long since seen as outdated and offensive to lesbians. Not exactly the best step in the right direction.

But hey, I don't know if many RD characters were meant to be taken that seriously. I will forever have my mixed feelings on RD.

Edited by four loose screws

At the very least, the Japanese version was given a reason... but not a very good one as far as representing lesbians in general. The idea of Heather's sexuality coming from her less-than-stellar father has it's origins with Freud, who originated the idea that homosexuality came from parents who didn't fit gender roles. Without parents that fit gender roles, Freud claimed that children could never mature sexually and thus became sexually immature adults who could then turn to homosexuality. Freud is credited for many great things, but being right is not one of them by any means... During his time, this idea was the accepted one.

I learned all of this in an LGBTQIA film and literature course. In one of the novels we read, a pulp fiction novel from the 50's, the main character's big confrontation with her horrible father includes coming out, blaming it on him, him taking the blame and feeling like he's worth less than dirt, then the two never seeing each other again. Yeah... that was just the understanding of the people at the time. Since then, it has come to be a horrible stereotype that only the most bigoted cling to. Freud just didn't do research - he only made educated guesses, something that certainly does not fly in today's psychology world. That and other factors, like he never discussed what single parent and/or divorced parent families produce and other such things. Many today agree that sexuality is determined through a combination of nature and nurture that we don't know much of anything about yet - but Freud certainly was looking at it in the wrong way.

And so, in short, Heather having a jerk father is not a great way to represent her sexuality because it uses a stereotype long since seen as outdated and offensive to lesbians. Not exactly the best step in the right direction.

But hey, I don't know if many RD characters were meant to be taken that seriously. I will forever have my mixed feelings on RD.

Well, I will give you that - yay for at least showing some kind of reasoning, but even with that it's not very good development. Then again like before, it's Japan, and they have a different view. It probably made more sense in Japanese than it did in English. ...That and well, it's RD... 73 canon characters isn't an easy number to give all good character development to, and the way they had it set up in-game, there isn't a lot of time to establish fleshed-out new characters... sad.gif Sad that it was like that though. ...I think Heather's attitude might have just been more of a case of somewhat exaggerated misandry (which, given her father, makes a bit more sense than her turning lesbian). Regardless, I think history will dictate that FE will most likely not have many LGBT characters, if they go with historical culture accuracy.

...And while all this talk about sexuality is fun and all, I think we should put this to rest, or put it in a new thread. This is for support convos, not character dev/sexuality. [Just don't want to end up having a superlong page that doesn't have anything to do with supports, nonetheless focusing on RD when we're doing Awakening supports.]

Edited by Blumpen