About Transforming Stones

Forgive me if this isn't the right place/way to ask, but I've been wondering a few things about the transforming stones.

First of all, does the "beast" form differ from character to character? For example, does Velvet as a Tanguel look any different than Chambrey as a Taguel? Does Tiki as a dragon look any different from Nono as a dragon?

My second question is, do the "stronger" stones change the appearance of the beast form in any way, or does it just make them hit harder/gives better bonuses?

Hey it's a new guy

Right place and way to ask.. lol

I think that they look about the same, but like RD, they might have some accessories or different shades of color to them. (ie. necklaces, darker fur)

I doubt that the stronger ones change it.. maybe the strongest ones.

Nono appears the same whether she uses a Dragonstone or a True Dragonstone: a green dragon with ice breath. Tiki meanwhile appears as a white dragon, but is the same regardless of color and also has ice breath. Unn's dragon form is red. I haven't noticed any differences in Unn's appearance when using a True Dragonstone either, and I assume the same goes for Tiki, although I've only ever used her with a regular Dragonstone.

I don't have any info about Mark or the Taguels, but I suppose they probably follow similar rules.

Edited by Othin

The reason I asked the first question is because some of the previous games, such as Shadow Dragon, Mystery of the Emblem, and I guess Sword of Seals to a lesser extent, had pretty much all dragons using a type of dragon stone look identical to any other dragons using that type of stone. I was just curious if this game is the same way? (Related question: Is Nono even the same tribe of Dragon as Tiki? Them having the same dragon form would be weird if not)

The second one was basically just curiosity. The same way changing weapons changes the weapon in the animation, would changing up transforming stones alter the dragon/Tanguel form?

EDIT:Ninja'd. Yes, that more or less answers all of my questions. Thank you.

Edited by Otherarrow

I don't know of the game making any distinction between Nono and Tiki's powers. But then, I haven't been following the story and dialogue as I can't read much Japanese.

Edited by Othin

That's rather strange. I know I really don't have the right to speculate, as I haven't played this game obviously, but perhaps it is meant to contrast with how strong the adult Tiki is?

Of course, that doesn't explain why she'd be noticeably weaker than Nn, so eh...

FE13's class roll seems to list the Manakete and Taguel classes as having their regular transformed stats. If we subtract the Dragonstone bonuses from the Manakete base stats, we get the following:

Str 2

Mag 0

Skl 1

Spd 1

Def 2

Res 2

These are the real stats the game uses to determine stat changes from class changing; I can verify this. It looks like SpotPass Tiki is using the untransformed stats for her class roll profile, while the others use the transformed stats. I don't know why the class roll lists the different versions for different characters, but that's where those stats are coming from.

Edited by Othin