I hope the localization for this game is as good as Shadow Dragon's, at least.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game could really benefit from British voice actors. I found the voice acting in Xenoblade to be far more realistic and emotive than the usual fare.

Good man. Xenoblade was one of the few games I didn't switch to Japanese with Subtitles.

Why British?

Because we're awesome, of course. :awesome:

Wasn't the FE11 translation outsourced? Treehouse something or other.

edit: Nope just happens to be an internal group with its own name.

It was outsourced - partially, at least.

I think this game could really benefit from British voice actors. I found the voice acting in Xenoblade to be far more realistic and emotive than the usual fare.

I was watching a Xenoblade stream one of these days, and I agree.

Though frankly, the kind of voice acting in this game is annoying. (KEYWORDS)

I didn't really like it so much... I would have preferred American.

well as long as i can turn it off

WHAT A BUNCH OF JOKERS

Why British?

The range British accents seem to suit the swords and sorcery setting a little more than American accents. I'm not sure a deep south USA accent or something like that would jump out as fitting well in this sort of setting?

Slightly tangentially: Game of Thrones is very much in favour on TV at the moment, and they use a great range of accents (various British and European) in that to good effect imo, I cant off the top of my head think of any American accents in the show - even the american actors thrown on their best Queen's English and damn they do a good job (god bless Peter Dinklage). Anyway my point is there is a general perception that, rightly or wrongly, american accents dont seem to sell well in the fantasy setting.

Edited by merric

Xenoblade/Last Story VAs would be pretty awesome. Reyn and or Xord as everyone. Well, maybe not. But still, a question - Did SD's translation originate from NoA, or NoE? I can't remember if it was stated or not... NoE's release was first, but I couldn't say. Plus, it'd be cool to know who changed certain names in the translation. (Looking at you, Dolhr)

Canadian voice actors Eh

I could totally imagine William Shatner and Tommy Chong voicing characters, that would be awesome.

(Yes, I looked it up. They're Canadian.)

I would prefer British voice actors. It's weird to see characters in a medieval setting speaking Americanized English.

It's weird to see characters in a medieval setting speaking something not Middle English

Though frankly, the kind of voice acting in this game is annoying. (KEYWORDS)

Speaking of which, is there an option of turning it off? Because it sounds completely unneeded.

I would prefer British voice actors. It's weird to see characters in a medieval setting speaking Americanized English.

It would be just as weird hearing characters in a medieval setting speaking with a modern British accent. Accents are always evolving over time. The British accent of today is not the same as it was back in the medieval era.

Just hire Australian voice actors and call it a day :)

Oh god! ... Please no.

I can just imagine krom... And vake. * shudder *

They should so give everyone a cockney accent!

(joke)

Edited by pegasusmage

No. Have the same Japanese VAs speaking broken english.

That would be hilarious.

Oh, good Lord no! I would rather have several different VAs from several different groups (like Funimation and Ocean for example) and call it a day.