I hope the localization for this game is as good as Shadow Dragon's, at least.

On the note of localization what will female mark name be named? They can use mark because it's a guys name. Would they change it to an ambiguous like Sam or would it be possible that the male keeps Mark and the girl gets a

different one?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the note of localization what will female mark name be named? They can use mark because it's a guys name. Would they change it to an ambiguous like Sam or would it be possible that the male keeps Mark and the girl gets a

different one?

It's a bit hard to make relative statements like this, considering Leslie and Ashley are male names. Questions of ambiguity and "guy's name" don't really have an objective quality to measure by--and Mark suffices for any gender of the name.

I would really enjoy the game getting pseudo-Shakespeare-rized.

I wouldn't. FFT: WotL tried that and it made me want to cough up blood. FFXII and the Tactics Ogre remake were better off in terms of attempting a pseudo-Shakespeare kind of script but it still came across as pretentious and forced at times.

Also Basillo should be voiced by the guy who did the Old Spice commercials.

I wouldn't. FFT: WotL tried that and it made me want to cough up blood. FFXII and the Tactics Ogre remake were better off in terms of attempting a pseudo-Shakespeare kind of script but it still came across as pretentious and forced at times.

Also Basillo should be voiced by the guy who did the Old Spice commercials.

FFXII was translated through a thesaurus. That's not good writing--that's... yeah! Pretentious!

All I remember from the Shadow Dragon localization is that they rhymed Manakete with Parakeet, and up until then I had been pronouncing it "Ma-na-ket-ey". So at least some good came out of that game.

TO's English script was great and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Though I'd say the more anime-styled it is the less they should try the whole middle-English prose thing, so it's not a great fit for FE.

Edited by Striped Shirt