Pokemon Emerald- Starter Solo

BBM

So I'm going to be playing through my favourite game with ONLY my favourite starter for company, because all these playthroughs have inspired me. I will take you along the ride and try to be funny, but I'm not good at it. I will be using only Treecko, except for HMs. This will be difficult in some parts, so any advice when I'm stuck is appreciated!

Let's go! Up to May!

ohpkr7.jpg

So when we have them fight each other, that's fun? Good to know...

1zfldfb.jpg

I thought we hacked this game and put all the info on a site?

14jpa1g.jpg

I find it weird playing with names other than my own. Don't stalk me gaiz!

6ds5yf.jpg

It was degrading and I won't be objectified further!

2r632q8.jpg

Iunno, I have a feeling I won't be here for very long...

1z303zq.jpg

So I get a clock as a replacement for my dad? Well, okay... he's balding anyways. I set the clock, and then upon the urging of my mother, visit my family friend May!

2comqkj.jpg

How is this relevant to the chitchat? What a non-sequitur... But then she blows me off after a minute! How rude! I leave her house in a huff and decide to go north.

20g1phg.jpg

But I don't have a pokemon either and those wild cries are scary! Okay, I guess I'll just check it out quickly... but I get there and the guy won't let me go. I guess I have to help him!

5dp4zd.jpg

No need to stretch buddy, it'll be over soon. I destroy the Zigzagoon and I follow the guy to this lab, where he starts thanking me.

wipw68.jpg

A what now? I mean, I know I'm incredibly gifted, but my vocabulary isn't very extensive! Haven't you noticed that I haven't even said anything yet? But then he gives me my own pokemon, which is awesome. I name him...

qxlxlu.jpg

Yeah, it's my default start name. Don't know why...

28mk711.jpg

Nah, I don't really feel like it dude, she kinda blew me off last time.

osxutd.jpg

Fine, only for you Birch, since you gave me my very own Wood Gecko. I g decide to go north to Oldale and I'm feeling kinda hungry, so I go up to this guy in an apron and ask for food:

6qv9tg.png

But it turns out he sells drugs instead:

11ukxgj.jpg

But I'm a good kid, so after taking the free drug sample because he shoves it into my bag, I run away north until I see May. She wants to battle, but I don't even take any pictures because it's so easy except for the part where Torchic got a crit and I had to use my free drug sample on CrazyRohan.

Whew, uploading all those pictures took me an hour... and it wasn't helped by the fact that I accidentally deleted this post first time around and had to write everything again...

I use photobucket for all my image upload needs as of late. You can upload all images in a file in bulk and save you a lot of time, and keep them organised too.

And now, up to Roxanne!

I start my journey as a trainer, moving west from Oldale. I'm just walking, minding my own business, but I get a rude crash course to the harsh realities of pokemon training!

pic19.pngpic20.png

This is injustice! How dare you take away my freedom? This is like my mom making me ride in the moving truck! I'm a human, with rights! So, I make a vow to defeat this corrupt Pokemon League and do away with these rules. Several more steps, however, and I arrive at my first true test:

pic21.png

dat Taillow... Luckily, my journey does not meet an impromptu end so early, and I go back to heal because I'm cautious like that. I arrive at Petalburg. I heal Treecko, and decide to keep going, when I am once more rudely accosted.

pic22.png

Damnit, how do all these trainers know? Is it something I'm wearing? He forces me to go visit my jerk of a dad, who forces me to go tag along with some kid while he catches a Ralts. I come back and he won't even face me! Grr... As a Gym Leader, he is an official of the Pokemon League, and has probably been corrupted by the Champion! I will free you, father! Later!

On my way out, I'm stopped again (seriously, Emerald does this a lot).

pic23.png

It is my clothes! I keep going now, and soon enough:

pic24.png

Yay, Quick Attack! This will be useful for all those enemies Treecko doesn't outspeed! Wait...

pic25.png

Nifty boat. Too bad I can't take it...

pic26.png

I raise my hopes for a minute, deceived by the politeness she shows. Unfortunately...

pic27.png

I have to battle her anyways. Those tricksy feminine wiles! I then head into Petalburg Woods. My first enemy is a Bug Catcher:

pic28.png

All those pokemon! He must be a worthy opponent!

No, they were all Wurmples... Anyways, I continue onwards, and run into a guy in a suit. Finally, someone with good fashion sense! Unfortunately, a guy starts attacking him. Naturally, he gets scared:

pic29.png

Only because you're wearing a suit, man!

pic30.png

A pirate! IS HE THE OWNER OF THAT NIFTY BOAT!?!? ...Probably not, he loses too easily. He runs away, closely followed by the suit guy. I keep walking, and run into my nemesis, Taillow. But:

pic31.png

:awesome:

I continue, and run into this guy:

pic32.png

:unsure:

:facepalm:

After that, I see something weird-looking:

pic33.png

So those are trees that can be cut, huh? No wonder Hoenn has no lumberjacks! I move past the trees, and out of Petalburg Woods. I pick up, the Bullet Seed TM, which I immediately teach to Treecko. At worst, it's 20 power, the same as Absorb, and at best, it's 50, which is pretty good. I also pick up the Wailmer Pail. Moving on:

pic34.png

:awesome:

I test out Bullet Seed:

pic35.png

Bullet Seed da bomb. I move past the lame fisher with 3 Magikarps, and into Rustboro. After healing, I take the advice of that guy in Petalburg who told me to go straight to the Gym. I enter, and after a few battles:

pic36.png

:B):

Then, I fight Roxanne, which can be summed up by:

pic37.png

Oh yeah! Actually it was kinda annoying because of those Potions, but shh...

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Flannery was never as difficult as everyone said when I starter soloed with treeko. just have plenty of super potions. I hate tate & liza because on a solo you have 2 v. 1 which makes it very difficult because 2 pokemon are attacking you at once.

Flannery was never as difficult as everyone said when I starter soloed with treeko. just have plenty of super potions. I hate tate & liza because on a solo you have 2 v. 1 which makes it very difficult because 2 pokemon are attacking you at once.

Overheat is a bit too much to take, though.

Flannery is definitely one of the most threatening gym leaders in the series. That Torkoal with Overheat, Body Slam and Attract wrecks things more than Whitney's Miltank, at least in my experience.

Up to Brawly! In this installment, I face my hardest challenge yet! A Tentacool!

After beating Roxanne, I leave the Gym, only to see the pirate from earlier running away, followed very slowly by the guy in the suit. I go heal CrazyRohan, and then head north to see what's up.

pic38-1.png

Okay, I'll help you just because you complimented me. I head east, picking up a Super Potion on the way and fighting my way through the Trainers. Notable things include getting paralyzed by a Shroomish's Effect Spore and CrazyRohan not giving a damn. I move on and see an old guy looking out of place.

pic39.png

Sounds like our pirate. I venture into the cave, where I am attacked by a Whismur. Does anyone else think these things look like babies who've just been born? All pink, ugly, and crying. I see the goon, and engage.

pic41.png

So his pokemon gained two levels and mine gained 5 and evolved. I think there's a clear winner here.

pic42.png

So this guy's the owner of that ship? Lame... Heading back...

pic43.png

ITT wild Poochyenas try to set up on me by taking advantage of CrazyRohan's paralysis. Doesn't work.

pic44.png

Rub some dirt on it. I return to Rustboro, and am teleported to Devon Corporation, where I am given a mission, if I choose to accept it:

pic45.png

I say yes, because

pic46.png

This is what you give as a gift, Dad! Not a clock! On my way out, we get a glimpse of the laboratories where they make Pokeballs, PokeNavs, and a whole bunch of other high-tech stuff:

pic47.png

...Seems legit. I explore the city, and see:

pic49.png

Naturally, to prevent him from killing himself, I go in, but it turns out he cuts trees, not himself. And now that I've gotten my clothes dirty by going in a Cave, he recognizes me as an expert trainer and gives me Cut. I don't teach it even though it's stronger than Quick Attack, because the Move Deleter is all the way in Lilycove. Fuck that. Next up, I fight May. Torchic has both Ember and Peck, but May doesn't have brains, and decides to tell it to Focus Energy, so:

pic51.png

I now exit Rustboro, and pick up Lasses and Rich Boys.

pic52.pngpic53.png

That's a great reason to give someone your phone number. Heading forwards, I decide to go visit Mr. Briney, who shows his thanks appropriately:

pic54.png

On the way, I get a call from my Dad.

pic55.png

How many Dads do I have? Anyways, I reach Dewford. A decision now awaits me. Should I fight Brawly or deliver the letter to Steven? I decide on the latter, and face the local competition.

pic56.png

:facepalm: However, his pokemon are very competent!

pic57.png

My first taste of toxifusion! But I SHALL PREVAIL!!

pic58.png

Toxifusion OP. I use my Super Potion, but two turns later:

pic59.png

BUT I STILL PREVAIL. I go back and heal, and face the next guy, who also has a Tentacool. But this time:

pic60.png

Aww yeah. Into the cave! This guy gives me Flash and insults me at the same time:

pic61.png

Fool! I don't need Flash!

pic67.png

...The Gym it is. WTF I CAME HERE BECAUSE I WAS SCARED OF THE DARK! This guy tries to comfort me:

pic62.png

20341988.jpg

My first opponent:

pic63.png

If I waited for a couple seconds, would she fall down?

She doesn't. Later on into the gym, I meet this guy:

pic64.png

Mr. Briney must have lost a lot of muscle mass in his old age. I beat more trainers, and notice something for the first time. All the female trainers have Meditites, and all the male trainers have Machops and Makuhitas (except Brawly). Who says sexism doesn't exist in Pokemon?

Then I get to Brawly.

Machop: SOFT

Meditite: USES FOCUS PUNCH EVERY TURN, ALLOWING ME TO HEAL WITH ABSORB

Makuhita: ...beats me twice.

Seriously, he wouldn't have been difficult if that fucker Tentacool hadn't made me use my Super Potion. But on my first attempt, Vital Throw was a 2HKO after a Bulk Up even if I used a Potion. Grovyle also hit only twice with Bullet Seed every time. On the second attempt, he gets a critical Vital Throw after a Bulk Up, which is a OHKO. On the third attempt, he decided to start Vital Throwing without Bulking Up , meaning I could survive 3 hits if I used Absorb in the middle and had CrazyRohan hold an Oran Berry.

pic66.png

FINALLY.

Up to Wattson! CRAZYROHAN LEARNS LEAF BLADE!!!!

With my shiny new Knuckle Badge, I return to Granite Cave. Then, I check Serebii and realize that all pokemon who can learn Flash are deeper into the cave. :facepalm: So I have no choice but to battle my fear and descend into the darkness. Dun dun dun... A few steps in:

pic68.png

I catch my first HM whore! He can learn Cut, Strength, and Rock Smash. I name him...

pic69.png

I keep going, and 2 steps before I reach the end portion of the cave, which is lit, I meet a Sableye. >_>

pic70.png

Fuck you. I beat the now useless Sableye and go meet Steven.

pic71.png

Well, I don't know who you are exactly, but thanks! I Escape Rope out, and return to Petalburg to all those places with Cut that I forgot to visit. On the way, I get a call from Roxanne.

pic72.png

Maybe you should. Then, I get into my first double battle, which I can no longer avoid because I have two pokemon.

pic73.png

I just have MetalWhore use Harden, and luckily no one attacks him. Then,

pic74.png

Just so I don't have to catch one way later when I get access to Fly. I get into another double battle. The pokemon may be weak, but they are fierce opponents!

pic75.png

Dat confusion. Seriously, I can't wait til I can get that Flute. Anyways, I pick up Miracle Seed, which I give to CrazyRohan, and EXP Share, which is useless, and go to Slateport.

pic76.png

I try.

pic77.png

inb4 Team Aqua member.

Anyways, I go into the city of Slateport. On the way to Capt. Stern, I see lots of pirates outside a building, but don't do anything. I go into the Shipyard.

pic78.png

At least tell me where he is! I exit and see all the pirates have left the area. SEEMS SUSPICIOUS. I go into the museum, where I am punished for my heroic attitude.

pic79.png

Inside, I reform hardened criminals.

pic80.png

I go upstairs, and fight some chumps.

pic81.png

Wait, so does that make me Shaggy and CrazyRohan Scooby? Win. I meet the leader, Archie (who is not the guy from the comics OR the old guy on the seaside. I am disappoint.) Outside:

pic82.png

Maybe? There are no doubts!

pic83.png

For some reason, I always find this really funny. Anyways, HEADING NORTH:

pic84.png

Gamefreak, this is not PG.

pic85.png

Gamefreak, little kids on the beach without shirts is okay. Grown men without them is not. Anyways, I go into the Trick House because I want to get Leaf Blade before fighting May.

pic86.png

I bet this guy inspired the HIMYM writers.

pic87.png

Other way around. On the Low Road, I see May:

pic88.png

Time to be a stalker.

pic90.png

Heh heh heh... Also,

pic89.png

Why the fuck does she keep calling me a rookie if she's not so good at battles! Anyways, Grovyle is like 10 exp off from Leaf Blade before having to fight Combusken, which is really dumb, but as always, Combusken's Focus Energy is the MVP, and afterwards:

pic91.png

FINALLY. SCREW YOU BULLET SEED.

pic92.png

CANDY, PLEASE. No, it's an Itemfinder. Aww...

pic93.png

:facepalm:

pic94.png

Even random mooks recognize the awesomeness of my pokemon!

pic95.png

How is this appropriate gear for cycling?

pic96.png

wynaut

pic97.png

Yes, it's about overthrowing the corrupt government! In Mauville Gym, I face the normal bad Electric Gym puns:

pic98.png

pic99.png

Why the hell are there Gulpins in an Electric Gym?

pic100.png

Wasn't very difficult dude, I had to step on like one switch. My Gym battle goes something like this:

Voltorb: Leaf Blade

Electrike: Leaf Blade

Magneton: Leaf Blade

Thunder Wave

Cheri Berry

Shockwave

Leaf Blade (crit)

Manectric: Leaf Blade (crit)

GG.

Oh man, this takes me back. I actually soloed Sapphire with a Mudkip. No, not a Swampert or a Marshtomp, a Mudkip. Mud Sport saved me during that 3rd gym! And then when I got to Rayquaza it one-shotted me, even when I was Lv. 70something. :facepalm:

Up to Flannery! Another evolution, and the most anticlimactic battle ever.

pic103.png

But I don't know how to ride bikes.

pic105.png

:facepalm: I wonder if GF knows how sexual some of these things sound, and does it on purpose...

pic106.png

what

pic107.png

Where Grovyle gains more Speed than HP.

pic108.png

:B):

pic110.pngpic111.png

I think this guy makes fun of himself.

pic109.png

This is like my mom's joke, where she says says if "do" is pronounced "doo", why isn't "go" pronounced "goo".

pic112.png

I thought the bad electricity jokes would end when I left Mauville.

pic113.png

Thanks for complimenting me, but you don't have to insult the route north of Mauville!

pic114.png

I know the character I've set up in this playthrough would take the interview, but I really hate giving the interview.

pic115.png

Do those lunges.

pic116.png

Thanks.

pic117.png

Now. What is the purpose of this place? There is no hidden item here, and no Secret Base spot, or anything.

pic118.png

That looks kinda wrong...

pic119.png

1v3 what a boss. Then I fight Maxie. Midway through the fight, I learn Slam. I replace Quick Attack with it, and then it misses three times in a row. I facepalm on chat, and Horace reminds me of Strength, and then I facepalm in real life because I've had that since right after Mauville...

Then, Flannery. WAS SO EASY. I thought it'd be difficult, but I took 17 damage... I OHKOd her first three pokemon. Then Torkoal came out. I used Strength, Torkoal used Attract. I used Strength again, she used Sunny Day. Then, I was immobilized from Attract, and I was like OH SHIT SUNNY DAY + OVERHEAT. Then she uses BODY SLAM. :facepalm: I finish next turn with another Strength. That battle was actually easier than freaking Roxanne! At least she kept using Potions to stall! At least Wattson made me use a Cheri Berry! Flannery just FAILED. I'm disappointed in you, Flannery!

Then, Flannery. WAS SO EASY. I thought it'd be difficult, but I took 17 damage... I OHKOd her first three pokemon. Then Torkoal came out. I used Strength, Torkoal used Attract. I used Strength again, she used Sunny Day. Then, I was immobilized from Attract, and I was like OH SHIT SUNNY DAY + OVERHEAT. Then she uses BODY SLAM. :facepalm: I finish next turn with another Strength. That battle was actually easier than freaking Roxanne! At least she kept using Potions to stall! At least Wattson made me use a Cheri Berry! Flannery just FAILED. I'm disappointed in you, Flannery!

What did I tell you.