Nergal vs Gharnef

Okay......Nergal vs Gharnef....

Both of them : have dark magic tome which is infinite ----> Imhullu and .....(i forget what the dark tome name that Nergal have)

Dark Druid and Sorcerer (unique class for me)

have a link with the dragon --------> Nergal's wife is dragon and Gharnef is loyal to Medeus.

So, who do you think will become the winner if they meet and battle face to face with the purpose to rule the world?

1. You're thinking Ereshkigal.

2. Gharnef doubles Nergal, assuming this isn't NM Gharnef (might need to be H2 Gharnef or higher; I don't remember what H1 Gharnef is like).

3. Given that Imhulu negates everything that isn't Starlight, the outcome should be painfully obvious.

Disregarding the auto-win Imhullu hax and looking at it from a "who is more evil" perspective:

Nergal originally had good intentions and unintentionally became a puppet to the dark energies.

Gharnef chose his dark path willingly.

Eh, I would give the advantage to Gharnef.

Actually, Gharnef was really just a little bitch. "Oh, Gotoh doesn't love me, fuck the world." Nah, Nergal would win.

Imhullu makes Nergal's attacks do no damage. So Gharnef would win easily. Without Imhullu, Nergal, just because Gharnef's stats are pitiful.

FE12 H3 Gharnef beats Nergal in everything except Luck, and I guess defense.

Edited by Anouleth

Gharnef would win. Imhullu. (Sorry if I misspelled that)

I do respect Nergal more though. Gharnef basically said "I didn't get the tome I wanted. I'm going to join forces with the greatest of all evils now, inadvertently proving my masters' point."

Gharnef didn't seem as ambitious as a good villain should be. The good villain's are independent, and Gharnef might not even have betrayed Medeus in the end.

Nergal wanted to kill dragon's, start wars, and do anything so he could become invincible. (This sounds kind of like Vegeta form Dragon Ball)

I think Nergal is just a cooler villain, including his backstory.

(This comment is probably starting a war.)

Depends which Gharnef. If it's 1, 3, or 11 Gharnef, he's not damaging Nergal even on H5. If it's 12 it has to be at least H1, possibly even H2. He needs to have 17 magic to even scratch Nergal. So on H3 he can do it pretty handily, but not sure about 1 or 2. Then again, Nergal can use light magic, so if he got his hands on Starlight he could have a shot at winning. I'd say Nergal is probably stronger from a story perspective, but Imhullu is way better than Ereshkigal, so Nergal would have to find some way around that to win.

Edited by bottlegnomes

FE12 H3 Gharnef beats Nergal in everything except Luck, and I guess defense.

I was going by FE11 H1, I didn't consider lunatic. But yeah, Gharnef wins everywhere then.

Ereshkigal is heavy as fuck so Nergal's slowed down, but it really depends on the difficulty level for Gharnef because I'm fairly certain on lower levels he doesn't do enough damage to Nergal to hurt him at all. Of course, Imhullu negates anything Nergal can throw at him so either Gharnef wins or they both dink each other for no damage to infinity.

I think I need to translate Gharnef comments in 12. I'm pretty sure Gharnef isn't evil because his fortune cookie said so.

Well, stats probably don't even mean the same thing between different games.

For example, in FE7 a single Fire Dragon (referred as a child by Ninian) is the final boss.

In FE6, you slaughter Dragons by the dozen.

Gharnef's game is another one where dragons are slaughtered in great numbers. If Gharnef was in Blazing Sword, his stats would probably be way higher and could easily bypass Nergals defenses.

If that doesn't work, he could still grab Elbert's knife and use that one to kill him. In contrast to that, Imhullu has no weakness besides Starlight.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, stats probably don't even mean the same thing between different games.

For example, in FE7 a single Fire Dragon (referred as a child by Ninian) is the final boss.

In FE6, you slaughter Dragons by the dozen.

Gharnef's game is another one where dragons are slaughtered in great numbers. If Gharnef was in Blazing Sword, his stats would probably be way higher and could easily bypass Nergals defenses.

If that doesn't work, he could still grab Elbert's knife and use that one to kill him. In contrast to that, Imhullu has no weakness besides Starlight.

In 6 those were war dragons, which IIRC were weaker than normal dragons. The strongest dragon, excluding Idunn, was Jahn, who had also been greatly weakened from his time in our world. In 7, that was a dragon at his/her full power.

And Nergal, in theory, could use Starlight.

Edited by bottlegnomes

In 6 those were war dragons, which IIRC were weaker than normal dragons. The strongest dragon, excluding Idunn, was Jahn, who had also been greatly weakened from his time in our world. In 7, that was a dragon at his/her full power.

And Nergal, in theory, could use Starlight.

Jahn: "One thousand years... My strength has long recovered. I can feel it..."

Jahn: "After my strength fully recovered, I set out to look for the person who had broken the seal."

Jahn had thousand years to recover. When the party fights him, he was also back at his full power. Also, the Blazing Sword Dragon would be more powerful then the Dark Dragon itself. Which really doesn't seem likely.

Edit: Speaking of which, the three Fire Dragons should have lost most of their powers when entering the world like Ninian and Nils, while Dragons in the Dragon Temple in FE6 could use their full strength well a greater amount of power then usual.

Edit2: Come to think of it, all of that doesn't actually matter. The Fire Dragon in Blazing Sword was either a Dragon at full power or weakened. The Dragons in Akaneia were at full power. And as I said, they were all way easier to kill. So the human units in Garnefs game must be significantly stronger then those of FE7 when having equal stats.

Edited by BrightBow