Pairing recommendations?

Anyone want to share their pairing suggestions or experiences?

I haven't played the game, so I'm theory-crafting here, but I'm currently thinking of these pairings on my first playthrough. Although, I'm also tempted to just ignore all of this and do whatever, since I won't be familiar with the game yet.

Krom - Olivia

Lucina can get Luck +4, access to Myrmidon [sword Expert] and Pegasus Knight [Lightning Speed].

Azure gets Royal Weapon and access to Cavalier [Luna].

Serge - Grego

Access to Mercenary [Weapon Saver] and Barbarian [Axe Expert]. Thief [Pass, Movement +1] sounds nice.

Sariya - Donny

Good Growths, access to Mercenary [Weapon Saver] and Pegasus Knight [Lightning Speed].

Nono - Gaia

Counter, access to Thief [Pass, Movement +1] and Pegasus Knight [Lightning Speed].

n_n - My Unit

Same as Nono x My Unit, but with slightly higher max stats. Plus n_n seems a bit more mature than Nono...

Soiree, Velvet, Liz, Sumia, Tiamo and Mariabel currently unaccounted for.

...And if you need pairing info, shameless plug here.

I'm still thinking about it but the important thing is to pair Serge with anyone hot quickly so I can get Jerome asap :P

His chapter is extremely difficult in Hard Mode at the time it appears though. I had to come back 5 or so chapters later to beat it..

At the moment, I was going for:

Male MU x Tiki = Because Adult Tiki is :wub:

Krom x Mariabel = Cute! I liked their support as well.

Vake x Tiamo = The Genius and the Fighter. Blonde Selena! :3:

Gaia x Sumia = The Klutz and the Candyman. Redhead Cynthia!

Ronku x Liz = With such disfunctional parents, it explains alot about Wood. :sweatdrop:

Henry x Nono = Whitehaired Nyun!

Viole x Serge = Serge seems to be Violes retainer?

Probably not using Mirial/Soiree/Velvet/Olivia for the remainder of kids; won't have time for all of them in a single playthrough (probably).

As you can see, I'm not fishing for benefits, just cute couples and children with epic hair colours.

His chapter is extremely difficult in Hard Mode at the time it appears though. I had to come back 5 or so chapters later to beat it..

Yeah, that can be an issue, some chapters either being initially unavailable or very difficult to beat at first because of enemies designed for higher-level teams. But hey, if you're up to it, it can also serve as an extra challenge for a solid reward.

I don't think pairings are too big of a deal in this game from an ingame gameplay perspective. MU is the one it really matters for, since his/her pairing determines Mark's class and the recipient for Rainbow Cry, the best skill in the game. Also unlimited class sets. I don't recommend pairing MU with a child character unless grinding, though, since it takes so long to get Mark that way, also you pass up the chance to pass down MU's abilities to two characters.

Most of the other skills and classes that might be passed down don't seem like too big of a deal unless grinding, whether for ingame or postgame. One character that does stand out is Lucina: as the earliest joining and probably the best of the children, she has an easy enough time leveling up enough to reclass, and she has great synergy with Aether and Royal Weapon paired with other skills like Astra.

I am not sure if it is possible,because I don't know if other special classes aside from Lord and dancer can be inherited,but if they can then the best choices for a male my Unit would be technicaly nono or velve,because those two are the only ones,that can really pass down something to he female Mark,that he doesn't already get from MU(which would be the manakete/taguel class),while MU is still able to pass something down to another child.

It is similar with the female MU and donny and vevets son,since donny is the only one who can pass down his villager class,which isn't great itself but at least offers a nice ability,and velvets child can also pass down the taguel class.

Krom also looks like a good choice for the female MU,since it is the only way to have two children for the female MU(I am not sure if it really works,but in this case,kroms child gets all of the regular classes and tactican as possible classes,or am I wrong?)

I've also read somewhere,that inverse and valhart may become avaliable through spotpass/DLC and if they do become avaliable,they would also make good partners for MU(Inverse because she could pass down her dark-blessing skill and valhart because of his special class)

Also I am not sure about the demon fighter,is it possible to pass down the class?because if it is,you could turn someone into a demon fighter and pair him with female MU,to give mark access to this class too(of course it would be useless to do this if it is possible to get an unlimited amount of demon fighter scrolls)

My intended pairing strategy for lunatic (having beaten normal mode by just pairing anyone with anyone) is to maximize the number of characters with access to the truly broken skills; mostly rainbow cry, royal weapon (ideally with access to sol and aether for nigh-invincibility), lightning speed, and life absorb.

That mostly means FeMU x Krom (ideally with a level 15 grandmaster MU by the time Lucina joins), and I'll mess around to see exactly what I can do to maximize Lightning Speed and Life Absorb.

I am not sure if it is possible,because I don't know if other special classes aside from Lord and dancer can be inherited,but if they can then the best choices for a male my Unit would be technicaly nono or velve,because those two are the only ones,that can really pass down something to he female Mark,that he doesn't already get from MU(which would be the manakete/taguel class),while MU is still able to pass something down to another child.

It is similar with the female MU and donny and vevets son,since donny is the only one who can pass down his villager class,which isn't great itself but at least offers a nice ability,and velvets child can also pass down the taguel class.

Krom also looks like a good choice for the female MU,since it is the only way to have two children for the female MU(I am not sure if it really works,but in this case,kroms child gets all of the regular classes and tactican as possible classes,or am I wrong?)

I've also read somewhere,that inverse and valhart may become avaliable through spotpass/DLC and if they do become avaliable,they would also make good partners for MU(Inverse because she could pass down her dark-blessing skill and valhart because of his special class)

Also I am not sure about the demon fighter,is it possible to pass down the class?because if it is,you could turn someone into a demon fighter and pair him with female MU,to give mark access to this class too(of course it would be useless to do this if it is possible to get an unlimited amount of demon fighter scrolls)

Manakete and Taguel can be inherited. It's worth noting that in that case, Mark also inherits the permanent beast/dragon classification even in other classes, while not getting much out of the class when not in it. But the classes themselves are incredibly powerful. You can also pass down Villager, although it would be better to just keep the Good Growths skill and leave Mark with that instead of ever entering the class.

Krom can be a good choice for female MU, but male MU can get two kids with anyone, and so can Krom. So using male MU lets you get two double-pairings in the first place.

As for Inverse and Valhart, they should be available, and hopefully they'll pass down their Dark Blessing and Conqueror skills. I doubt Mark will be able to inherit Valhart's Overlord class, though.

Demon Fighter cannot be passed down, as it goes based on the character's starting class. You also cannot pass down DLC-specific skills. You can however get unlimited Demon Fighter Scrolls and All Stats +2 books through replaying the DLC chapters, so it shouldn't be concerned.

I'm planning on going KromxSumia first time through for Aether and access to Lightning Speed on both kids, though the main draw is AETHER ON A PEGASUS. The added speed and skill caps are nice too.

I'd also go VioleXSerge for Bow Slayer on Jerome and try and pass down Thief for access to it's increased mobility skills

Male kids get Royal Weapon.

So that's what's going on. Strange. So Krom is the only male who can get Aether, and Lucina is the only female who can get Royal Weapon?

So that's what's going on. Strange. So Krom is the only male who can get Aether, and Lucina is the only female who can get Royal Weapon?

From what screenshots I've seen and read on the main page yeah. I don't have the game myself yet, so I guess take it with a grain of salt.

Serge-Viole may be close to canon (I call them Team Violet), but I think Serge-Sol is a great pairing gameplay-wise (haven't read their supports yet).

Jerome could inherit Dual Support+ (or Secluded Lady :P) from Serge, and his dad would be giving him Cavalier/Archer paths to get Holy Shield/Bow Slayer to counter his flier weakness, as well as Dual Guard+/Defender to help if doubling (which Griffin Knights want to do due to move bonus) and Pass to fly over any enemy in the way. Also with Sol, there’s some nice +6Str/+5Def cap modifiers to catch up with Dragonmasters. Of note too, is how Sol's the only who gives him 9 unique classes.

I'm not sure it's been tested, but shouldn't Female Mark be able to inherit Royal Weapon from Lucina?

From what screenshots I've seen and read on the main page yeah. I don't have the game myself yet, so I guess take it with a grain of salt.

For me, Lucina inherited Aether both times, while Degel inherited Aether as well and Mark (M) inherited Royal Weapon. So that fits.

Lucina always passes down Aether apparently, like in Krom's case.

Interesting.

I'd say a quite good pairing is:

Serge(Dracomaster)-Gaia(Trickster)

Jerome can come with Ride Fast, Hot Start and Lucky 7 and can optionally reclass to Myrmidon for avoid+10 if you want. Which gives him 55(or 45) bonus avoid and 45 bonus hit.

Edited by arvilino

I'd say a quite good pairing is:

Serge(Dracomaster)-Gaia(Trickster)

Jerome can come with Ride Fast, Hot Start and Lucky 7 and can optionally reclass to Myrmidon for avoid+10 if you want. Which gives him 55(or 45) bonus avoid and 45 bonus hit.

Well that's quite a waste of a perfectly good chance to give him Carrier and Move +1 for 11/12 Move when being supported in Double.