Choosing for chapter 8

I've been using 10 people (9 if you don't court Eirika). But in chapter 8, I get to take only 9, meaning one is left out. Eirika has to come along, making it 8.

The problem is who gets left behind. The characters I use are:

Seth-Promoted Lv 3

Franz-Lv 7

Garcia-Lv 7

Lute-Lv 7

Vanessa-Lv 6

Joshua-Lv 6

Artur-Lv 6

Colm-Lv 4

Natasha-Lv 1

I want to keep Seth, since he has some support with Eirika and Franz. Natasha has support with Joshua, and Artur with Lute. I also want to have Colm with me for the chests.

I usually bench Vanessa or Garcia this Chapter!

They don't seem to have any significant supports so bench one of them, if you want!

Edited by Richter Abend

Garcia, his speed is garbage.

No this has nothing to do with my fighter bias

Usually, when I'm forced to use fewer units then I've actually trained, I usually just drop the highest-leveled non-cav i have so I can train the rest of my scrubs.

Don't drop Lute magic is awesome

Edited by ThreeofSpades

But it's not like you need a lot of speed to double enemies in this game. Personally, I'd sit out Vanessa or Joshua. There's nowhere for her to fly, and IIRC, there are a lot of lances/magic in this chapter, so swordlock is going to hurt.

Edited by Baldrick

You can actually just do this chapter with just Erikia, Ephraim, Forde and Kyle (If you only use Erikia for chapter 7, so she can gain lots of exp. I only know this because I was forced into this situation where I lost like everyone in chapter 6.) However, I avoid this. I also avoid taking ANY PEGASUS RIDERS IN, as I don't want to lose Vanessa.

I'm not a fan of Franz, and I'd rather let other people get exp than taking Seth in there, but sometimes I might use him later.

And why you no use Neimii? D:

The reason I don't use Neimi is because there's plenty of characters that can attack from a distance, but isn't helpless if someone manages to come in close.

Also because Neimi kills thing waaaaay slower than everyone, and moves slower than non Gilliam units and...

what are the benefits to using Neimi anyways

Bench joshua. Keep using vanessa because she rocks, just be careful of the longbow guys and dont do stupid things like making her solo the armor room or something like that and she will be fine. Also, drop lute shes horrible.

Garcia can double and severely damage the armorknights with a Steel Axe, allowing Artur and Lute to get behind him and take the kills, so he's good even if you are going to get rid of him in the end (honestly, I don't see Garcia being good anywhere besides draft play).

Joshua doubles a lot of the enemies nearby and 2HKOs the Myrm with a Steel Sword. I'd keep using him.

I'd say you don't need both Artur and Lute, most will say Artur due to Slayer and C staves upon promotion (plus a higher chance to double).

Vanessa really does nothing of value in this chapter, field her here only if you want to keep using so that she gains some exp. She contributes nothing here.

I benched Vanessa and currently charging through.

I am a bit worried about getting my hands on that Angelic Robe, though, since it is guarded by 5 well armed men, and has a bottleneck stairway. And if someone dies, I'm going to the beginning of the map.

Use Doga to choke the point

Garcia is perfectly built for the job. Put him on the stairs, and one of the mages behind him to snipe the knights without being in danger. As long as you keep healing him, nobody should die. And even if he dies, you can easily continue without him, since you're past the point where he's most useful.