Game Timeline Discussion

Bryan

I am sure many of you know that recently, Skyward Sword released a timeline for the whole LoZ series. With the release of FE13, it seems that all of the games take place in the same universe. Therefore, I wanted to make a topic where we could debate where the games go in relation to one another.

Here is my proposed timeline:

FE9

FE10

FE4 (First Generation) (?)

FE5 (?)

FE4 (Second Generation) (?)

FE7

FE6

FE1

FE2

FE3 (Book 2)

------------- 2000 Years

FE13

FE8 (?)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I think FE9/10 came first, as Vincent describes here:

I always figured FE9/10 told the origin story of FE, so those games took place at the very beginning. They're also the only games to feature real gods (although it's not certain what Mila or Doma were). The "goddess" referred to by the Goddess Icon is probably Ashera/Ashunera.

Assuming the Taguel and Manakete are descended from the Laguz, they may have evolved to not produce a Branded.

Personally I think it's becoming clear that the Laguz evolved into the Taguel and Manakete. Before, we could potentially link the Dragon Laguz and the Manakete, but no clues as to where the beasts and birds disappeared off to. Then FE13 introduces the beast-transforming Taguel that uses a Beaststone like Manaketes use a Dragonstone.

As we can see, the Laguz do not need their stones, which brings us to FE6/7. In FE6, it describes the Never-ending Winter and the need for the Manaketes to imprison their power into their dragonstones. If this is the reason that the dragons need to contain their power, it puts FE1/2/3/13 after them, as Manaketes use stones in those games. The Dragons do not seem to need stones in FE4/5, so they are before FE7/6.

At this point, we just have FE8. Where does it fit in? I think it might be last, but it could be between FE3/13. Manaketes do need stones in this game too, and so it would have to be after FE7/6.

I'm confused for the basis for FE6/7 taking place after FE4/5.

Also, I don't think we should worry about FE8 for the time being. We may be able to figure out more when we get more info, but we don't have much that can help us place it at the moment.

Also, I don't think we should worry about FE8 for the time being. We may be able to figure out more when we get more info, but we don't have much that can help us place it at the moment.

My only real thing is that the dragons didn't need stones in FE4, although we didn't really see them transform with them.

I put FE8 down because I feel that it should be included. :)

We don't know whether or not they needed stones in FE4. Certainly, they don't seem to have been able to just waltz around as dragons.

FE8 is definitely worth including eventually, but not until we translate more stuff from FE8 to understand the context. Certainly, the presence of Eirika and Ephraim in the Other-World, otherwise used specifically for past characters, indicates that it takes place sometime before FE13.

We don't know whether or not they needed stones in FE4. Certainly, they don't seem to have been able to just waltz around as dragons.

FE8 is definitely worth including eventually, but not until we translate more stuff from FE8 to understand the context. Certainly, the presence of Eirika and Ephraim in the Other-World, otherwise used specifically for past characters, indicates that it takes place sometime before FE13.

I did mention that, and that's why I put the (?) next to the games. I wasn't sure whether they went there or not, but I felt like that could be a proper place.

The dragons never showed up in human form either right?

I think the theory that FE6/7 take place after FE4/5 stems from the Ending Winter, which is assumed to affect the entire world. So if Elibe and Archanea/Jugdral are in the same world, after considering all the years, that places FE6/7's events hundreds of years later than FE4/5's events.

Elibe 0 = The Ending Winter = Archanea -1000 = Decline of the Dragon tribe

Archanea -740 = Naga's War with the Earth Dragons ~ Jugdral 632 = Miracle of Darna

Elibe 1000 = FE6/7 > Jugdral 757~777 = FE4/5

The Other-world is a pretty interesting point. Although I personally suspect than the Other-world is in a space and time of its own.

My reasoning for that is if you use the Ending Winter as the same event as the thing that caused Akaneia's dragons to become Manaketes, it places the Elibe games around the start of the Akaneian Calender, while the Jugdral games are set before the start of said calender.

Since I have no life, I once tried to make a big timeline matching up events in the three timelines that I assumed were the same thing or at least related (such as assuming that Galle made his pact with Loptous the same year as the Divine Dragon's war with the Earth Dragons) but got bored and scrapped it.

EDIT:And ninja'd.Though it does seem that we have different "connecting points" for the Akaneian and Jugdral timelines.

Edited by Otherarrow

I think the theory that FE6/7 take place after FE4/5 stems from the Ending Winter, which is assumed to affect the entire world. So if Elibe and Archanea/Jugdral are in the same world, after considering all the years, that places FE6/7's events hundreds of years later than FE4/5's events.

Elibe 0 = The Ending Winter = Archanea -1000 = Decline of the Dragon tribe

Archanea -740 = Naga's War with the Earth Dragons ~ Jugdral 632 = Miracle of Darna

Elibe 1000 = FE6/7 > Jugdral 757~777 = FE4/5

Okay, this fits. So those events happened before the Jugdral games, but the Elibe games themselves happened later.

This sounds like it would place the Elibe games not too far from the Archanea games, actually. Just what, a hundred years earlier?

I think it depends on where you connect Akaneia and Jugdral actually. If you connect them at "Divine Dragons versus Earth Dragons" and "Galle makes a pact with Loptous", the Elibe games are 600 or so years before the Akaneia games. If you connect them at "Divine Dragons versus Earth Dragons" and "Miracle of Darna" it's noticeably less.

...I am not sure which is right. But either way, the order is 4/5, then 7/6, then 1/2/3.

I think it is more like this

FE9

FE10:

FE4(part 1)

FE5

FE4(part2)

FE1

FE2(I am not sure if there is any indication for it playing after 1)

FE3

FE13

FE7

FE6

FE8

FE4 and 5 are so far at the beginning because I've read it was officially stated that they happen many years before FE1-3

I placed FE7 after FE 13,because I've read that there are hints that MUs Child is the strategist from FE7,but I am not sure if this is true or not.

FE 9 and 10 are at the start,because those games tell the way how life itself was created(but ok since the games can take place in totally different worlds it may not be that important)and also because it could be possible for the dragon laguz to evolve into manaketes and maybe an unknown beast laguz tribe into the taguel.

FE8 can be placed roughly anywhere,but I got the impression,that there are even less manaketes than in other games,so it could mean it plays even further in the future(but that may be also only my own impression)

Edited by BlueLore

Even if Mark from Awakening is Mark from Blazing Sword, that doesn't necessarily put Blazing Sword after Awakening.

We have a time and dimension traveling Other World Gate as a plot device.

Of course, we need to wait for Mark's ending to see if s/he really is the 7 guy.

EDIT:I just noticed that could be considered a spoiler. I am stupid. Sorry!

Edited by Otherarrow

Even if Mark from Awakening is Mark from Blazing Sword, that doesn't necessarily put Blazing Sword after Awakening. We have a time and dimension traveling Other World Gate as a plot device.

Of course, we need to wait for Mark's ending to see if s/he really is the 7 guy.

I didn't think about all that time travel, I ended up assuming that it can't be the same person, but time travel makes everything wonky. :)

Vincent, do you mind if I put that bit into my second post? Just as additional info?

I seem to recall Mark's Awakening ending is really vague, so no luck there, but I guess it doesn't disprove the theory either.

I think people have said that Mark is hinted to be from a timeline separate from the Gimle-invaded and in-game timelines, not sure if that's a possible bridge to Elibe's events. Also, what's his/her reason for losing their memory--we know MU's reason.

MU from the future appears in the in-game timeline, which messes up MU's memories.

EDIT

Vincent, do you mind if I put that bit into my second post? Just as additional info?

Sure, I guess (which bit?). Feel free to change it around slightly, since I'm kind of half-asleep now, and I can't remember what I wrote...

Edited by VincentASM

I'm going to have to post this twice, but...

Awakening has the Hidden and Divine Falchion? Couldn't there be even another set of stones and shield(s) elsewhere?

Isn't the Hidden Falchion just Krom's Falchion brought back from the future? The Divine Falchion is just Krom's Binding Falchion after a power up, right? In other words, they are all the same sword. I could be mistaken though,

Isn't the Hidden Falchion just Krom's Falchion brought back from the future? The Divine Falchion is just Krom's Binding Falchion after a power up, right? In other words, they are all the same sword. I could be mistaken though,

That lines up with what I've gathered.

But there's also FE2's Falchion and FE11's "tiny" Falchion, so that raises some questions. Regardless, with what we're uncovering here, I don't think it's plausible that the same thing happened in a different place with no connection.

Edited by Othin

FE 2 and 3 definitely take place before FE 4 & 5

The only thing we know for certain about the order is that FE4/5 --> FE1/2/3 --> FE13. The rest is inferred, but that much cannot be doubted.

Didn't the Akaneian manaketes get sealed into dragonstones tens of thousands of years before Marth's time? That would place the Ending Winter and the Scouring significantly before Marth's games, whereas the 1000 years number that's been floated around would put Marth and Roy's adventures at roughly contemporary. From this sit'es translation of FE3B2 chapter 12:

Chainy:

Okay...

Many tens of thousands of years ago the dragon tribe lived on this world, and built their own civilisation.

They were much wiser and stronger than humans.

But, from nowhere, the day of ruin came.

First they could not give birth anymore and then they lost their minds, becoming wild beasts that destroyed everything in their path.

The elders said the dragon tribe was reaching its last days.

We had no choice, except to abandon our identities as dragons and live on as humans.

Didn't the Akaneian manaketes get sealed into dragonstones tens of thousands of years before Marth's time? That would place the Ending Winter and the Scouring significantly before Marth's games, whereas the 1000 years number that's been floated around would put Marth and Roy's adventures at roughly contemporary. From this sit'es translation of FE3B2 chapter 12:

Wait, how would that make Marth and Roy's stuff contemporary? FE6 takes place about 1000 years after the Ending Winter. Marth's games take place 1600 years after the equivalent event (according to the timeline on the site at least.)

Edited by Otherarrow

Wait, how would that make Marth and Roy's stuff contemporary? FE6 takes place about 1000 years after the Ending Winter. Marth's games take place 1600 years after the equivalent event (according to the timeline on the site at least.)

I was referring to how some (VincentASM I think) were claiming manaketes became bound to dragonstones 1000 years before Marth's time. I was contesting that and arguing it happened tens of thousands of years before Marth.

EDIT: I see the timeline does claim only a thousand years since dragonstones emerged. Not really sure what to make of that--perhaps Xane meant that the dragon civilization began tens of thousands of years ago?

FAKE EDIT: And now I see that time is measured relative to Akaneia, not to Marth. So ~1600 years.

Edited by cheetah7071

I was referring to how some (VincentASM I think) were claiming manaketes became bound to dragonstones 1000 years before Marth's time. I was contesting that and arguing it happened tens of thousands of years before Marth.

EDIT: I see the timeline does claim only a thousand years since dragonstones emerged. Not really sure what to make of that--perhaps Xane meant that the dragon civilization began tens of thousands of years ago?

FAKE EDIT: And now I see that time is measured relative to Akaneia, not to Marth. So ~1600 years.

It's possible that Xane just ment it as short hand for "a long time ago, far before you were born". I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If I remember correctly, you can see the bottom part of a continent that looks like Magvel on the FE13 map, which means the earthquake in FE8 couldn't've happened yet, placing FE8 as the latest, chronologically.