Ladies and Gentlemen, Grab a seat and some Popcorn! Elieson Hosts SFs First: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Draftlocke Challenge

Elieson

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win!

• Horace
    • Shin
    • Refa
    • Elieson
    • THE GAME
    • Someone Else
  2. 2. Should I change the reclass ruling to:

• Players may reclass clan members to anything and back, after acquiring that race's Totema
    • Players may reclass clan members to anything and back, after acquiring the first Totema
    • Other: Please Specifiy in a post
    • Keep it the way it is

No. only one of the choices is applicable. Soldier<-> Fighter or Soldier<->Paladin, etc.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last question, I sware. Are we allowed to reclass before learning any skills? Like, I want a Bangaa Warrior, but my starting team has a White Monk.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Ya. Reclass to the allowed first tiers (White Monk or Warrior, I.e.) at the start of the game if you want, but not 3 or 4 chapters in.

If you choose to reclass your bangaa to Warrior and fight in one or more battles, then (s)he can't reclass back to White Monk.

In short, after completing the Giza Plains mission, reclassing is only allowed in the form of Promotion (of which paths I specified in OP).

Unless you lose party members. Then, if you recruit someone to replace a lost clan member (Only after you place down a new map location, that is), you may reclass then immediately, or keep them as such (since I'm allowing the recruitment of banned classes, but not the promotion to banned classes)

Edited by Elieson

Okay. My team:

Marche: Level 3 Human Soldier

Montblanc: Level 4 Moogle Animist

Olivar: Level 3 Human Thief

Pablo: Level 3 Bangaa Warrior

Velasquez: Level 2 Nu Mou Black Mage

Elena: Level 2 Viera Archer

Montblanc and Olivar are useless this fight because I have no weapons for them... but that's okay! It's an easy fight anyways. Now, I'm off to pick some herbs!

Okay. My team:

Marche: Level 3 Human Soldier

Montblanc: Level 4 Moogle Animist

Olivar: Level 3 Human Thief

Pablo: Level 3 Bangaa Warrior

Velasquez: Level 2 Nu Mou Black Mage

Elena: Level 2 Viera Archer

Montblanc and Olivar are useless this fight because I have no weapons for them... but that's okay! It's an easy fight anyways. Now, I'm off to pick some herbs!

You can buy weapons/Armour/Items in Cyril immediately, before even entering the Giza Plains mission, FYI.

*Edit*

Velasquez, Seriously? and what's your Clan's name?

Edited by Elieson

I'm also going to be doing this for fun.

Question about class changing though. When we reach a Totema for a race, can that race change to another base class instead of a promotion? Like when we get Famfrit, can Montblanc go from Black Mage to Animist instead of just Time Mage?

Question about class changing though. When we reach a Totema for a race, can that race change to another base class instead of a promotion? Like when we get Famfrit, can Montblanc go from Black Mage to Animist instead of just Time Mage?

No. The idea is to have your clan members promote from one class to another, not switch to take advantage of multiple classes.

Unless, you're refering to the idea that Montblanc's Promotion path is Black Mage <->Animist, instead of Black Mage <-> Time Mage. Being as most tier1 classes have unrelated uses, and the tier2 classes are generally enhanced tier1 classes, I'd have to say nay to this as well.

That is one of the suggestions I added to the poll, however. If more people feel that way, I don't have a problem switching up the ruling on that, but I just would like a general censous to agree on it first.

No. The idea is to have your clan members promote from one class to another, not switch to take advantage of multiple classes.

Unless, you're refering to the idea that Montblanc's Promotion path is Black Mage <->Animist, instead of Black Mage <-> Time Mage. Being as most tier1 classes have unrelated uses, and the tier2 classes are generally enhanced tier1 classes, I'd have to say nay to this as well.

That is one of the suggestions I added to the poll, however. If more people feel that way, I don't have a problem switching up the ruling on that, but I just would like a general censous to agree on it first.

It doesn't matter so much to me, I was just wondering so that I knew by the time I got to Famfrit.

It would be helpful for Nu Mou classes though, as I think Morpher is the only Tier 2 class they can use.

EDIT: I guess Time Mage too, but I made mine a White Mage, so I guess he has no Tier 2 options haha. Which is fine, it'll just add to the challenge.

Edited by frat_tastic

Yeah, I know you can shop before Herb Picking, but I forgot. >_> And hey, the names are RANDOM. I didn't choose Velasquez.

Clan Meteor!

@frat- Don't forget, you can always just sub in another Nu Mou when you get one.

Also, finished picking herbs... Olivar got a kill despite not having any weapons, and Velasquez got hit with a Yellow Card because I forgot to check the Law.

Doing as many missions before Thesis Hunt as possible... Did one with Panthers. It was kinda difficult, because they 2HKOed everyone, but Montblanc put them to sleep, and Velasquez dodged like a boss to avoid death. Of course, he wouldn't have had to if he'd hit the last Panther, but ehh.

I also could have recruited another Moogle for backup. But for some reason I chose not to.

Remember, you can only recruit the first that shows up after placing a new map area.

So I just found out that we're supposed to RNG one guy out of the team we start with... I've been using all of them. >_> But I'mm too lazy to restart, so I'm just going to continue. As a penalty, I won't recruit anyone for a while. Iunno.

So I just found out that we're supposed to RNG one guy out of the team we start with... I've been using all of them. >_> But I'mm too lazy to restart, so I'm just going to continue. As a penalty, I won't recruit anyone for a while. Iunno.

Wat? RNG one of your 4 random starting clanmates to accompany you on the Giza Plains mission. Then after that, just play through with a team of 6 (including yourself).

Edited by Elieson

Here's my team btw:

Frat: Level 3 Human Soldier

Montblanc: Level 4 Moogle Black Mage

Syras: Level 3 Human Archer

Mondo: Level 3 Bangaa White Monk

Chaka: Level 2 Nu Mou White Mage

Tosca: Level 2 Viera Fencer

Wat? RNG one of your 4 random starting clanmates to accompany you on the Giza Plains mission. Then after that, just play through with a team of 6 (including yourself).

I'm already at The Cheetahs though, and I used all 6 on Giza Plains. I really don't feel like restarting, so I'm imposing a penalty on myself of not recruiting the next couple guys (even the ones that I AM allowed to).

Hey cool, no swords battle rule! I died on the first mission! I admit defeat, and retreat to curse another day!

Hey cool, no swords battle rule! I died on the first mission! I admit defeat, and retreat to curse another day!

What about bows and staves?? At this point, no Viera class can use swords, and no Nu Mou can ever use swords, ever ever!

Can Viera use swords ever?

No, they are not a Sword-using class. IIRC, only Humans and Bangaa can equip Swords.

No, they are not a Sword-using class. IIRC, only Humans and Bangaa can equip Swords.

Mog Knight class can equip swords.

That's Moogle class, derps

mog knights use blades

Ok yea, I had that coming too. Andthere is a blades law to. Dammit me, think!