I hate Myrmidons

Why is it such a pain in the ass to recruit Marissa safely?

(Assuming you're on Hard mode here as Normal is more or less a cakewalk. Also assuming you didn't tower of Valni abuse your units to be uber.)

I hate myrmidons and swordmasters. All of them.

i like swordmasters, they're amazing IMO!

and Marissa is my favorite swordmaster in Sacred Stones!

I agree with that entire post.

Also, wasn't there already a topic like this?

I agree with that entire post.

Also, wasn't there already a topic like this?

in the general section.

but this topic is about how difficult it is to recruit Marissa, and "how she's not worth it, since she's a swordmaster"

I hate myrmidons and swordmasters. All of them.

As long as you don't hate Pegasus/Falcon knights, I won't kill hurt you.

Marisa is quite difficult to get, and she does poorly compared to Joshua. at least she's hot

Edited by BLS

I didn't get into Sacred Stones' myrmidons much. Joshua is alright, but Marisa seemed something like too little too late.

I never said she "wasn't worth it" because there's no reason to NOT get every character in SS.

I'm just saying it's a pain in the ass. I had to rush Tana and Vanessa down to recruit Innes, Gerik, and Tethys. Forde and Eirika got down there "eventually" to help mop up enemies, but you have to do everything just so else either Tethys dies to the pegasus knights that spawns, Gerik dies if he gets hit with the cleric's sleep staff, or the pegasus knights die from the archer. (The latter didn't ever actually happen because I'm not retarded, but that archer hanging back was one of the reasons I couldn't just box in the guys in that canyon to wreck house.) I used Innes in the ballista to take out the cleric, but if he missed, it was game over.

And of course, the worst part is I can't resist abusing the arena at the end of the stage, for when things actually do go right. I have no one to blame but myself for that, but I need some more money on my game, so I feel strangely compelled. Plus, I have a handful of guys I want to get to level 20 to promote into their second forms. Gilliam does okay in there, even though he gets doubled by most guys, but I swear to god he goes against Myrmidons with absurd crit rates every damn time. Maybe I outta try using Gerik because he's built for arena battles.

Marisa's never been a problem for me to recruit, I just unequipped a tank and lured. Then I'd recruit and destroy everyone around. Only problem with Marisa is Joshua is so much better that there's not much point to having her other than getting all characters and having a good looking unit. <3

In Erika's mode, I didn't find getting her to be too bad, there's just a pretty long recruitment chain.

IN Ephirham (can't spell it) mode, she can be a pain, because you need to talk to her with a just-recruited Ewan. Removing Dussel's weapons and using him as a lure usually does the trick.

I'm on Eirika's route, for the record. I sort of never got around to beating the game more than once, and I picked Ephraim's the first time as he's just a much better unit than Eirika. (Eirika's pretty good, don't get me wrong. She's just not my type of unit, because her defense is pretty garbage.)

I've got it down to a science now. If only I could resist the lure of the Arena.

They're pretty pointless in this game, especially considering how awesome most the mounted units are (I call Forde "Hanz" and use him with his brother for Shake And Bake combo most playthroughs) and how badass Gerik is.

Heroes > Swordmasters.

I think swordmasters are there for kickass speed and skill. Paladins for me never have quite enough speen as swordmasters do. Plus, the critical chance for swordmasters gives them a little extra boost to help kill enemies

• 2 weeks later...

There's nothing like trying to move up to that Myrmidon with the Killing Edge and getting wasted then having to grudgingly hit that reset button.

But I love them to death because of their mad criticals. It's great when you're the one doing it - not so fun when you're getting rocked.

I sometimes have trouble recruiting Ephraim Route Marisa in the sense that I usually accidently kill her. Some would say she's not worth it, due to very low strength, but it doesn't really matter. She has low strength in the continent of sissy opponents, even in Hard Mode. You could use just about anyone, (except maybe Knoll) without the worry of them dying. I'm not overly fond of Swordmasters, but they're alright. At least the generic enemy ones can't do much damage whatsoever. (unless it's Knoll, I don't like that Knoll) It's fun listening to no damage critical hits. Dinkdinkdinkdinkdink, dink. NO DAMAGE!

Edited by Kintenbo

They're pretty pointless in this game, especially considering how awesome most the mounted units are (I call Forde "Hanz" and use him with his brother for Shake And Bake combo most playthroughs) and how badass Gerik is.

Heroes > Swordmasters.

Finally something in this thread I agree with. I do really like swordmasters though.