New DLC content revealed for May 24th, 2012

Looks like the new one, with Vengeance attached. Just got it. I guess it finishes the FE2 trio.

Getting DLC now. And just when I was about to go to bed...

Almost didn't know it was you with the new Avatar, Othin.

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised it's out already.

Edited by Shun One

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The legendary weapon DLC is also out, right?

I wonder what weapons are in it? :v

Yeah, it's out.

The Dark Warlords are back. And they've been breeding. There are two Zehns right next to each other, one with Thorhammer, one with Falaflame. Two other Warlords also have Thorhammer, but not Falaflame.

They have most if not all of the rest of the FE4 weapons, as well, including Naga, but none with Loptous. They also have Excalibur, Ragnell, and Sol Katti, as we've seen. The boss is Eins with Gradivus, and one of the enemies has Parthia.

As for new weapons, there appears to be a fourth FE2 weapon - a bow with a Skl/2 effect, presumably Astra. There's also Armads and Nidhogg: Nidhogg now gives +10 Luck.

36 Warlords in all, all with ultimate weapons. Now to check Celice's map...

---

Edit: I can confirm Double Bow as well. Strangely, only three chests, and the enemies are unchanged on Lunatic.

Meanwhile, looking at Celice's map, the boss is King Marth as expected. The enemies' levels seem the same as in the other KvK maps, but their weapons are changed, as I thought. Levin and Sety both have Holsety, Alvis has Falaflame, etc.

---

Edit2: KvK3 has just 50 enemies. FE2 team is absent, even when starting the map. I think we'll see either them or FE8's team in RvB3 to give it 50 enemies as well. Perhaps both.

Edited by Othin

That's odd, apparently Infinite Divine Weapons also gives you Eltshan (with TCG art) at the end.

I'm also liking the legendary weapons you can get, but there are some odd choices there (Bolt Axe?).

That's odd, apparently Infinite Divine Weapons also gives you Eltshan (with TCG art) at the end.

Hm...that is strange. I guess that means that there will be more than just redesigned characters that will join you.

Completed my first run of the map by accident. Turns out it's actually a Defeat Boss map, so far the only one in the DLC maps, it seems. So you have to ignore the Eins in the middle if you actually want the treasure.

On my second, third, and fourth completions, I got the following:

Mercurius

Gradivus

Icheval

Parthia

Astra x2

Mercurius

Falaflame

Armads

Haven't gotten a Bolt Axe here yet. If you really can get it, then it should confirm that the weapons match up with the weapons the enemies use, since it's just used by Vier sometimes so she has a magic attack. She always seems to be irrelevant, though, because of her weak combat and never using the staffs that her class is supposed to specialize in.

I haven't noticed any other weapons that stand out as quite that strange. Regardless, the presence of the currently unreleased Astra and Armads indicates that the map is handing out any of these regardless of being currently available otherwise. I'm sure they'll be available outside of DLC eventually, though. Also funny that you can get two of the same weapon in one map, although I wish it had been one of the better ones.

Other enemies are tougher than Vier. Drei is easily the most dangerous due to his Counter skill, by far the most threatening skill in the hands of enemies. And anything with Excalibur poses a huge threat because of its high crit rate, and being able to do massive damage if not OHKO on a crit. Much of the map is randomized, so you have to come up with some new strategies each time, which is exciting. My current strategy focuses on having Saria, Alvis, and Sol rush the three paths while having other characters support them; it tends to be more luck-based than I'd like, though, especially due to Sol lacking range and auto-healing. Eins and Seiben can be really dangerous to him with their lances, especially if they have Gradivus.

I kept getting chances to recruit Eltoshen after repeated completions, but no additional Silver Cards. Makes sense, as there's no use for it: all shopping is map-based, and the shops don't care where the Silver Card is, so you can have it in your storage and get half price on all purchases no matter what just by it existing. I assume you get another if you complete the map after losing it someone, but it doesn't give you duplicates.

Edited by Othin

Hmmm, so does this mean some past chars are DLC exclusive, despite not getting new art?

I'd be upset over this if I didn't plan on getting most of the DLC anyway. It does make them easier to get, instead of the once a day thing, though.

Edited by L95

Hard to say until we get more of a reference point with either more maps like this or Eltoshen's role in the Villain team.

Ah, I forgot to mention the music. The field theme is FE4 Ch10, and the battle theme is Alvis's fight music. Delicious.

Hard to say until we get more of a reference point with either more maps like this or Eltoshen's role in the Villain team.

Ah, I forgot to mention the music. The field theme is FE4 Ch10, and the battle theme is Alvis's fight music. Delicious.

Unremixed, I presume?

Unremixed, I presume?

As with the rest of the returning music, I'm not sure. I think they're touched up just a bit to sound appropriate on a 3DS, but any changes are really subtle.

What really bugs me music-wise is that I still can't figure out what makes the maps sometimes go with normal music. It only seems to happen on replays, but it's really annoying. The regular music is amazing in its own right, but hearing it when expecting to hear something completely different is disorienting and irritating.

It might have to do with size-saving since a map like Ephraim's had a lot of enemies and might have added new tiles (not sure about this).

Also, I noticed Spirit Talisman has a pattern and you recruit 1 lord from each game with only one lord (counting Ike as from PoR):

ST1 is set in the morning, you recruit Marth from the first game (the map is the first map in all FE)

ST2 is set during the sunset, you get Roy from the middle game and the last before an international release

ST3 is during the night, you get Micaiah from the last original game before this one; she's also the priestess of dawn, which is before sunrise (Awakening)

Not sure if I skipped any post here that might say this, but has anyone noticed other symbolic patterns in King vs King?

I think whether Lyn gets released too or not, Eliwood will be in a RvB, because Roy already has, and we need a Red to match Ike's blue.

KvK1 is day, KvK3 is night or evening or something. KvK2 is desert, really not sure why.

However, looking at KvK, Marth and Sigurd both appear in every map, but you don't recruit either one on any of the three maps. Celice is actually the one stated as Marth's opponent as opposed to Sigurd, but while he joins, he never appears as a boss in the set.

Similarly, Ike's already appeared as a boss in ST3, so I don't think he'll show up as a boss in RvB, but Roy will probably be a boss to represent the red side despite not joining and Ike will be recruitable to represent the blue side despite not being a boss.

www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17861744

Also, here's part one of that video in case you have no idea how to do anything on nico. I'm still watching it but I like how many braves this guy is using.

Is this guy playing on Casual, or do DLC deaths not count? I'm pretty sure I've seen him lose two guys already in the first part.

Is this guy playing on Casual, or do DLC deaths not count? I'm pretty sure I've seen him lose two guys already in the first part.

Haven't watched, but if they're SpotPass or DLC units, they can be replaced by simply beating them / their map again. They'll be reset, though.

Haven't watched, but if they're SpotPass or DLC units, they can be replaced by simply beating them / their map again. They'll be reset, though.

They were Spotpass Marth and Sigurd, I guess he's not picky about them dying then.

SpotPass Sigurd is kind of a pain to recruit. Based on the player's team's strength, the easier Sigurd is to recruit, the easier it should to not die in the first place, especially on a map that I think is quite solidly easier than Sigurd's SpotPass battle in the first place.