OK, can someone explain how the heck I'm supposed to believe that these two are the same character.

Esaka

Given that this art was modeled directly after the class he will be placed as... just as Alm, and Ephraim, and Marth, and Leaf have been--I don't call it over-the-top without in the process calling the Sword Master concept over-the-top--because that is the basis for this Celice's art.

Only partly relevant, but your post reminded me of something: Alm's art seems to be more based on his original design with elements of the Demon Fighter than the Demon Fighter itself. However, from what I've seen, because of this, Alm in game doesn't look much like his art.

But Celice is only wearing the same outfit that swordmasters ingame are(with minor exceptions) and they are supposed to look like samurais.

On topic though there is nothing wrong with the outfit, as I said that's how all swordmasters look in game, deal with it.

I know that, and I'm fine with it in this game. It's just such a costume change from the original outfit that it feels bizzare. I just don't feel that it suits him.

That said, I don't have the same problem that Esaka had. It's quite obviously Celice.

Edited by Onestep

Y'know, saying "he has blue hair and is elegant" means Celice is the exact same as Marth, or any other blue haired character.

link1986.jpgi16073942785p.jpgLink_Artwork_1_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

I honestly don't see any point in this thread.

These are all different people.

Almost everybody is in different outfits. I found Roy's art worse in this particular respect, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Elincia also looks pretty similar to her original form, but that doesn't mean it's good.

I agree that I might prefer it without the coat/cloak, but it's so

dare I say it

swag

Edited by Rehab

I don't see what the problem is.. he looks pretty similar really, plus his new outfit is awesome. :)

It looks like his nose doesn't exist but it is merely a large indent on his face.

And nostrils bigger than manholes. Also it looks like he got a haircut, I don't see his ponytail anywhere.

I hate it.

inb4 lul xmis u dum itz t3h saem

Edited by Xmas

You're kidding. The edges of his nose are clearly visible and cast shadows on his nostrils, which is more than most of the artwork can say. The nostrils are no bigger than the AVGN's.

I didn't even realize he had a ponytail before. I, uh, don't miss it, if it's really gone.

Edited by Rehab

Is someone actually choosing this DLC pic to point out that the new art doesn't do a great job of representing the characters? Because others *coughroycough* have done much worse. Mind you, it's a problem, but this is a strange one to do it for.

Also it looks like he got a haircut, I don't see his ponytail anywhere.

His hair is loosely gathered to the left with a hair tide. I think his hair is even longer, either that or he straightened his hair and that's why it's not so puffy.

Given that this art was modeled directly after the class he will be placed as... just as Alm, and Ephraim, and Marth, and Leaf have been--I don't call it over-the-top without in the process calling the Sword Master concept over-the-top--because that is the basis for this Celice's art.

This.

I don't quite see the problem...

While I don't really like the picture much and it doesn't represent Celice very well, it's not a bad drawing. Certainly better than say, Elincia or Micaiah. He looks more like he's attending a formal dinner party than going to battle, but eh it's not like he's alone in that.