anyone eles a lil bummed at the spotpass units they chose?

Admit it, you're mostly just upset because her armor makes her look fat.

Shellfish Knight armor is practically incapable of making anyone look fat. It's very top-heavy, sure... but everything that isn't the top plate is stick-thin.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shellfish Knight armor is practically incapable of making anyone look fat. It's very top-heavy, sure... but everything that isn't the top plate is stick-thin.

Good point, but I still maintain that the hate comes from the awkward appearance.

Good point, but I still maintain that the hate comes from the awkward appearance.

I think the hate about this is rather the fact that there are no playable soldiers at all,because like you said they were a little bit like speedier generals......which is awesome(mymidons are also just speedier mercenarys,berserkers are speedier warriors and they are pretty awesome classes^^)

And many people are most likely annoyed that she isn't a soldier even if she is in the enemy team(she isn't recruitable yet is she?),since spotpass ephraim is a soldier(which will most likely be changed when we'll be able to rectruit him) unlike her.

There's still not really an indication of SpotPass Ephraim being a Soldier, just that the Ephraim that appears in the ST maps with his art is a Soldier. I suspect in the later LvD maps, we'll see him again with his SpotPass art, but still as a Great Knight.

Edited by Othin

I think the hate about this is rather the fact that there are no playable soldiers at all

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Still no reason to take our your anger on her though, she's doing the best she can to please. ;_;

Edited by Striped Shirt

I've only played the English games(and a little bit of Sealed Sword, and I haven't even beaten Sacred Stones), so here's my limited take on the games that I know:

Shadow Dragon: Overall I'm pretty happy with what we got; most of the choices make sense, although Nyna I'm not so sure about, considering she's not even recruitable in the main game(to my knowledge, at least). Would've loved to see Barst or Frey, but Ogma, Navarre, and Minerva are there so I'm more than happy.

Blazing Sword: Lyn and Eliwood are no surprises, though it's interesting how they made Eliwood a cavalier(though it makes sense, given his promotion). Also psyched to see Jaffar. I remember looking at this list a few days ago when Lloyd and Linus were both on it alongside Ursula, but now I'm curious as to why the brothers were put on the Villains list and Ursula hasn't yet. Curious to see who they'll fill in the gaps with; I'm personally betting on Hector, Nino, Florina, and Pent to make the cut. Nergal is no surprise.

Path of Radiance: I totally called seeing Ike, Soren, Titania, Mist, and Elincia as SpotPass characters before I even saw this list, and aside from Mist(sorry, I just don't really like the character :S), I'm happy with it. As for the other half...why do they have to have all 3 of the game's Swordmasters? I mean, storywise, Lucia makes sense, especially with Geoffrey's inclusion. But to include her, AND Mia, AND Zihark? I feel there's just a lot of wasted potential. They could have units like Boyd, Shinon, Gatrie, Jill, Haar, Rhys, Volke, or Nasir(seeing Nasir re-worked as a manakete would have been awesome) to help diversify things, but I guess we won't be seeing that, unfortunately. Geoffrey makes sense, and Ashnard is just an awesome inclusion.

Radiant Dawn: Micaiah, Sothe, Edward, and Leonardo are all present and are logical choices(though I'm personally not a fan of Leonardo). Then, we get Brom and Nephenee, two rather random choices. Though don't get me wrong; I'm psyched to see Nephenee, I'm just really confused about Brom. Why him? As opposed to Nolan, to complete the Dawn Brigade? Or if they wanted another noteworthy General unit, why not Tauroneo? There could have been a number of units to take his spot, but oh, well. Sanaki, Sephiran, and Sigrun all make sense. And finally, I could not be happier to see the Black Knight on this list, since I just love his character so much. I honestly thought RD's villain slot would go to Lekain, so I'm both really surprised and delighted to see that they went with BK. I hope they'll somehow make it possible for him to use swords as a General, like maybe he'll have a special DLC skill that lets him weird swords or something. Really wish Haar could have made it somewhere...

I don't really have as much attachment to Sealed Sword or Sacred Stones characters as I do with the characters in any other game I played, but I suppose I'm happy to see Lugh and Ray on there. And I hope Amelia and Ross make it into the Sacred Stones team.

Curious to know(as has been mentioned previously) why Ephraim is listed as a soldier unit(despite being a Great Knight in DLC), and yet they changed Nephenee to a General.

Final thought: Extremely happy to see the Champion of Beauty in the Villains team. Long live Duke Tanas!

I remember looking at this list a few days ago when Lloyd and Linus were both on it alongside Ursula, but now I'm curious as to why the brothers were put on the Villains list and Ursula hasn't yet. Curious to see who they'll fill in the gaps with; I'm personally betting on Hector, Nino, Florina, and Pent to make the cut. Nergal is no surprise.

That was my suggestion. It seems likely that LvD1 shows everyone in the Villains team, but because we don't know the full FE7/8 lists, it's sometimes not clear whether the characters are in one place or the other, while we've already seen the full teams to know for sure. There were three unclear spots in the Villain list, and the only plausible candidates seen in LvD1 from FE7/8 were Lloyd, Linus, Ursula, and Selena. Lloyd and Linus were obvious together and therefore both on the Villains list since one of them had to be, but it's harder to say between Ursula and Selena. I suggested Selena was the more likely candidate for the last slot because of better balance between the games, but on her own, Selena seems like a more plausible candidate for the regular game list.

We'll find out for sure when we see the full FE7 team in RvB, which should be revealed on Thursday and come out a week later - so we may get a clue in a few days or just tell for sure in a week. Also, I expect we'll see just the 10 characters on the Villain team as NPCs in LvD2 to confirm that team, but that's certainly going to take longer to come out.

Curious to know(as has been mentioned previously) why Ephraim is listed as a soldier unit(despite being a Great Knight in DLC), and yet they changed Nephenee to a General.

Ephraim appears as an enemy Soldier with his SpotPass art in ST2 and ST3, but as an NPC Great Knight with his DLC art in LvD1, where he joins in the same class. We should see Ephraim again with his SpotPass art in LvD2 and LvD3, so we'll have to see what class he takes there.

Edited by Othin

Are all the DLC characters going to have new artwork?

Yes. That's supposed to be one of the draws, but the artwork hasn't really been living up to that.

Personally, I think the maps themselves are much bigger draws than any aspect of the characters joining after them.

FE 1 - I would have liked to see book 1 Hardin and Palla, but that's about it.

FE 5 - Overall, pretty happy. They have Fin and Evayle. It would have been nice to see Galzus, Linoan, Fergus, Othin, and Homer, but not a huge loss. And fuck Leidrick. Put in Arione.

Book 1 Hardin would've been cool but they probably don't want more then once of each character.

Leidrick, he was a weakling considering how otherwise difficult Thracia 776 was.

BK can go Great Knight if you want?

It still annoys me that Great Knights can use swords but Generals can't.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Path of Radiance: I totally called seeing Ike, Soren, Titania, Mist, and Elincia as SpotPass characters before I even saw this list, and aside from Mist(sorry, I just don't really like the character :S), I'm happy with it. As for the other half...why do they have to have all 3 of the game's Swordmasters? I mean, storywise, Lucia makes sense, especially with Geoffrey's inclusion. But to include her, AND Mia, AND Zihark? I feel there's just a lot of wasted potential. They could have units like Boyd, Shinon, Gatrie, Jill, Haar, Rhys, Volke, or Nasir(seeing Nasir re-worked as a manakete would have been awesome) to help diversify things, but I guess we won't be seeing that, unfortunately. Geoffrey makes sense, and Ashnard is just an awesome inclusion.

Radiant Dawn: Micaiah, Sothe, Edward, and Leonardo are all present and are logical choices(though I'm personally not a fan of Leonardo). Then, we get Brom and Nephenee, two rather random choices. Though don't get me wrong; I'm psyched to see Nephenee, I'm just really confused about Brom. Why him? As opposed to Nolan, to complete the Dawn Brigade? Or if they wanted another noteworthy General unit, why not Tauroneo? There could have been a number of units to take his spot, but oh, well. Sanaki, Sephiran, and Sigrun all make sense. And finally, I could not be happier to see the Black Knight on this list, since I just love his character so much. I honestly thought RD's villain slot would go to Lekain, so I'm both really surprised and delighted to see that they went with BK. I hope they'll somehow make it possible for him to use swords as a General, like maybe he'll have a special DLC skill that lets him weird swords or something. Really wish Haar could have made it somewhere...

Well nephenee is at least not that random if you keep in mind,that she had the role of a main character in radiant dawn.........at least for one chapter,but hey that is still something not many characters accomplished.

But I agree about Brom,Mia and Zihark,they seems to be rather random,especially if we keep in mind that there are more important characters like tauroneo,Pelleas and so on.

But I agree about Brom,Mia and Zihark,they seems to be rather random,especially if we keep in mind that there are more important characters like tauroneo,Pelleas and so on.

Hey, if you're going to bring up Nephenee's one chapter main character role, don't forget that Brom was right beside her there.

I guess you're right; I will admit it has been a little while since I played RD, so I guess I forgot little details like that. But for me at least, it still doesn't change the fact that I feel like they could have had a somewhat more significant character in their place.

But it is what it is; there's enough on both the POR and RD lists to make them worthwhile for me. Though now I'm really looking forward to seeing the final Blazing Sword roster.

I've got no problem with Mia being there. My only issue here is that 3 spots on this roster are all filled by Swordmasters(I now realize that I mistakingly said in my larger post that I said "all 3 of the game's Swordmasters", when I forgot about Stefan). Mia on her own would have been awesome. Zihark on his own would have been awesome. Just Lucia(with Geoffrey still there) would have been fine.

Still angry about the lack of Haar in either Tellius team.

On this subject, I'm a little disappointed that Shadow Dragon did the same thing with 2 mages and a sage, but at this point I'm just nitpicking I guess.

Edited by sallas09