Bastian kills a raven.. with a staff?!

But yeah, I was playing RD, and this playthrough, I got bastian, and used him on the swamp part 4 etc. Anyway, about halfway through, after he healed Lucia with a mend staff, a raven attacked him. I was shocked to see that he would do 7 damage with the thing, as his strength is high. And then he did a critical!! It was awesome. He kinda jumped 20 feet in the air, staff above his head, and cracked it down on the poor raven's wing. That raven didn't move again.

any of you guys done damage with staves?

As a fun fact: The higher level staves actually have crazy critical rates, so you can dole out 0 damage in style :P

Edited by Melonhead215

During my casual runs, I have Soren build staff rank by putting him against a bunch of enemies with a staff and discipline. The WEXP is ridiculous.

I have Elincia with a Physic or Rescue on the top corner of 4-5 defeat all the laguz that come to her. It takes her 2 or 3 hits to KO everyone (strength was almost capped). I don't recall any dragons approaching her, so she probably would have done 0 damage to them.

I once had Elincia crit a Tiger with a Physic Staff... and Beastfoe. (9x damage FTW)

Always using Mist with Fortify against a dragon, just for the fun.

Don't Dragons have 2-range in this game?

I once raised Tormod's staff rank in 4-4 (after giving him enough BEXP to make him an archsage) by equipping him with a staff and having him attack a random armor knight. It was entertaining and I think I raised his staff level from E to A.

During my casual runs, I have Soren build staff rank by putting him against a bunch of enemies with a staff and discipline. The WEXP is ridiculous.

Hahah yeah. I had him whomp the crap out of things with the Hammerne before. He reached A staves....sooo quickly...

I once had Elincia crit a Tiger with a Physic Staff... and Beastfoe. (9x damage FTW)

Don't Dragons have 2-range in this game?

Yeah, but you can force a 1-range. There are some white dragons at the left top of the map in 4-E-3 near a corner (just 2 spaces next to him). I always place Kurthnaga/Heron and Mist next to the dragon, and Ena next to Mist. The dragon can only attack Kurthnaga/Heron or Mist, and since they don't attack Kurthnaga/Heron, he attacks Mist.

Btw, since staves just have 1 mt, bonus damage just gives it 3mt... not that spectacular.

Edited by Arondight

Btw, since staves just have 1 mt, bonus damage just gives it 3mt... not that spectacular.

Which is why the battle window at the top of the screen said Elincia would do 59 damage to said Tiger (without factoring in the critical)... Which would work out at 177 damage with the critical taken into account (I'd say that counts as somewhat spectacular).

Which is why the battle window at the top of the screen said Elincia would do 59 damage to said Tiger (without factoring in the critical)... Which would work out at 177 damage with the critical taken into account (I'd say that counts as somewhat spectacular).

Can you explain the calculation? Because Beastfoo triples weapon might when fighting against beast laguz, not the actual damage.

My Soren on normal mode always ends up killing stuff with heal staves in that chapter where Oliver comes in. I always forget to bring a restore staff so Ike always ends up asleep and swarmed with mages with Soren healing him the best he can and bashing people on the head when he gets the chance. Does ok against the Myrmidons if I recall correctly.