Rate the Unit, Day 26: Nephenee

PKL

Very good speed which is a good reason to give her Adept. Brave Lances can be used in combination with Adept to activate Impale more often per round if needed. She's my best Wishblade user and Impale is my second favorite skill after Aether. Slap an Imbue on Nephenee and she can survive many rounds by herself. She has high evasion because of her speed but with Imbue, her hp will stay almost, if not completely, full. Her availability throughout the game is considerably better than most which means you can grind her into an amazing unit if you want to. Using BEXP or Energy Drops to cap her Str makes her even more of a warlord. Her Res is also decent for a physical attacker.

Nephenee is my goddess.

8.5/10

Edited by 上昇Taiyou

Amazing speed, amazing str, amazing everything for that matter. She's my best Wishblade user and Impale is my second favorite skill after Aether. Slap an Imbue on Nephenee and she can do pretty much anything.

Nephenee is my goddess. Even without adding a point for being biased. I'd give her a 10/10.

Um...her Str isn't all that great without Bonus EXP abuse.

10/10's a liiiiittle bit too high for her. Just sayin.

Edited by リズ

She is so strong on NM due to the BEXP, capable of joining the GMs as an almost promoted goddess. Hard mode not so much though, the start is too slow. She can't reasonably promote until part 4 if you aim for lowish turncounts and will mostly be doing self-improvements in the meantime. That's a pretty big shift from awesomeness to just being there. She also doesn't have a very notable contribution in part 4, just "part of the team". However, just having the endgame potential is more than what can be said about a lot of the units.

I do like her, so I'll give a biased score.

6.5+1

6.5/10. She's not bad, but her slow start and the lack of BEXP hurt.

Edited by Golden Cucco

She's pretty cruddy in Part 2, and still kinda meh in Part 3 until she caps enough stats to consistently get STR from BEXP levels. Once that happens and she promotes to Sentinel, however, she really takes off. She's very good after that, but I don't think her pretty slow beginning warrants her more than a 7/10 plus bias, which equals 8/10.

This isn't the place to put his, but the Aran thread might as well have closed, so I'm putting this here anyway. I did the math, and if Aran's stats end up perfectly average, and you BEXP him when he caps his three big stats as both a Halberdier and Sentinel, he'll on average, cap all of his stats as a Sentinel (Only because BEXP guarantee's 3 stats go up) I may have miscalculated, and this strategy is a pain on NM/HM, and you really shouldn't do this, but I felt like putting it out there. It doesn't really matter, but I felt like sharing my findings.

Nephenee, oh boy where do i start. Great unit, great availability, when trained... oh boy, no man dare stands in her way and she just impales them all. Dat Shoryuken!

Pros:

Awesome unit when trained

Has killing potential the more she goes on

Good mastery skill upon 3rd tier promotion

One of the best available units in the game

Cons:

Shaky accuracy at times.

Surprisingly fragile at first

Unable to double until a while later

MAY require a forged item for her to really shine

But being a unit I always recommend to use, I'll give her a 9/10.

Not much of a tank as she was in PoR