Is this game JP only or will it come to the west?

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say, worst-case scenario happens and this game never gets localized, and if I want to play it, I'd have to import a Japanese system and copy of the game. Is there any sort of "expiration date" on the DLC/SpotPass downloadable data, kind of like how Pokemon does? I want to get as much of the DLC as possible, and I'm afraid that if I take too long to get the game and console, I may miss out on some awesome stuff that I won't have a chance of ever getting again. =/

Europe is supposed to have a confirmed release, so you, theoretically, should still be able to play the game and understand it by the end of 2012. Of course, you'd still have to import a European 3DS REGION LOCK FUUUUUU , but I can't imagine them costing much more than a Japanese one.

Maybe we'll get a British FE like Xenoblade.

Edit: Just realized I didn't relate this at all to an expiration date to the DLC. I guess one way to look at it is that Euro DLC might get released later on, giving you more time to get it should you import a European 3DS, which may or may not cost less.

Edited by Yojimbo

Europe is supposed to have a confirmed release, so you, theoretically, should still be able to play the game and understand it by the end of 2012. Of course, you'd still have to import a European 3DS REGION LOCK FUUUUUU , but I can't imagine them costing much more than a Japanese one.

Maybe we'll get a British FE like Xenoblade.

When I laid out the scenario I was kind of giving the impression that it would NEVER be translated(I still don't know where/when it got confirmed for a European release, so I still remain a little skeptical that this bit of information is even true), and that therefore the only way to play the game was to get the Japanese version. My concern was that given this scenario, since its the only version of the game available and it's had DLC out for a while(the oldest being about 2 months, I believe?), that it would eventually start to be taken down from the available DLC over time, kind of like how the Pokemon games' WiFi events only last for a certain period of time. And if this were to be the case, depending on when I'd actually get the system/game, some DLC would be forever unavailable. If we do get a European(or North American for that matter) confirmation, I'm getting what I need to play it as soon as its available, so there should be no need to worry about missing any no-longer-available content.

Long story short, I'm not concerned about the language(if I have to play it in Japanese, I'm sure a translation will pop up somewhere, or I'll finally have an excuse to learn Japanese) the game is in. I'm instead concerned of the possibility that DLC may disappear before I can even get it. And if the DLC is in fact in no danger of being taken down, then these concerns are all for naught.

EDIT: Didn't see your edit until after I made this post. Yeah that's pretty much how I see it.

Edited by sallas09

...? It's still tuesday. Nintendo isn't doing anything the rest of today or thursday, to my knowledge. They're doing their software thing wednsday.

It was Wednesday at 2am in the morning when I wrote that that's why I said 'today'. XD

Darn time differences. XD

There's sometimes titles that aren't announced at E3 that get released over here anyways. And there's still the website that redirects you to the Nintendo website when you type it in. Hope may not be lost just yet.

Or it could be me, trying to be optimistic.

If theres no announcement today, can we work with Project Rainfall to do something about it?

I think we should. Today is the last day I'll not be worried about it.

I do wonder why NoA is sitting on the URL if they don't plan to, though...

Edited by L95

Well, even if its not mentioned there, perhaps they need more time to translate it? It is a big game and I'm sure if it is getting localized, they wouldn't be ready by now IMHO. but yeah, first bank on the 3DS conference tonight at 6PM PT/ 9PM ET

There's sometimes titles that aren't announced at E3 that get released over here anyways.

FE13 is Nintendo's start for DLC. Wouldn't make sense to not announce it, wouldn't make sense to not release it either for that matter.

I do wonder why NoA is sitting on the URL if they don't plan to, though...

Same reason any company does: plan to take over the world shoo out domain squatters.

I don't 3DS or DSi, but does DLC expire? For example, if I bought the Japanese game in the fall, would all the content still be up to download?

I asked that very question earlier, and from what I understand people don't seem to think that DLC is in danger of expiring I hope.

I don't 3DS or DSi, but does DLC expire? For example, if I bought the Japanese game in the fall, would all the content still be up to download?

There is nothing to indicate an expiration date.

I doubt it'll stay up for decades, but it should stay available for a few years. At absolute minimum, I'm sure it'll stay up for at least a year.

I mean, in a few months, they should be done distributing all the paid DLC, but they still have several months of SpotPass content left, and I see no reason why they would cut the DLC until long after they're done distributing all the SpotPass.

Edited by Othin

FE13 is Nintendo's start for DLC. Wouldn't make sense to not announce it, wouldn't make sense to not release it either for that matter.

I'm just considering any sort of possibility that it might not be showcased at E3. There's no room for disagreement in my mind with the fact that NOT showcasing it wouldn't make much sense. But if it isn't, then that overall makes this year's E3 pretty lackluster compared to previous ones. If it is, then it'll be one of the saving graces of the show.

I'm just saying that showcase or not, it'll still have a chance. I don't know how big or slim the chance is, but hey! The chance is there.

Edited by Little Al