So, I need a bit of advice in fe5.

MacLovin

I'm on ch10, and have a desire to start training a few of the following.

Kein

Alva

Selphina/Robert

Hicks

Trewd

Amalda

Carrion

Now, what I've been using are

Brighton(Str screwed, but wtf skl/spd)

Dagda

Marty(Procced spd twice, then 10/1 promotion)

Fergus

Asvel(Promoted)

Shiva

Lifis

Safy

Nanna

Karin

Fin

Othin

Halvan

I understand that later on, there'll be good prepromoted fillers, such as Fred, Glade, Ralph, and Misha.

I also plan to attempt to use Homeros, Dean, Delmud, Sety, h4x Staffbots, Pahn and Dancer Laura.

So, am I attempting to train too many?

Also, going A route, and skipping Xavier and Lategame!Eyvel.

Also, between Eyrios and Olwen, which is preferable?

Of the units you mentionned, I'd say Amalda is definitely worth your time. Carrion isn't too bad if you manage to give him some quick levels (a tip Sirius found is to leave him with the Elite Sword in 11x while he takes counters from Archers in the corridor, then have Nanna trade the sword and heal him for easy experience).

It actually looks a bit like my usual team, with more emphasis on Brighton and missing Xavier.

The eternal debate between the two Mage Knights eh. I like Eyrios better since his offense is good enough while his defense is much, much better, especially when helped by his skills. He fatigues much slower as well. Nothing stops you from using Olwen until you recruit him, though.

Number of units is about right, but I wouldn't bother with Selphina's group unless nobody else is available.

Olwen's offense is awesome, especially if you give her the Ambush scroll. There's no reason not to use her, at least until Eyrios shows up. Go for him if you think you won't get much more use out of her.

Put Ambush on Olwen and hope she doesn't miss. Or ditch Olwen and go Eyrios, yeah.

This. In the former case, you'll probably want to give her a Skill Ring/Odo Scroll and deploy Fred as well, every little bit helps.

Edited by Baldrick

Hm, that... makes no sense storyline-wise. Isn't he meant to be her bodyguard? The developers really dropped the ball there, considering she needs the boost much more than he does.

Hm, that... makes no sense storyline-wise. Isn't he meant to be her bodyguard? The developers really dropped the ball there, considering she needs the boost much more than he does.

The way to look at it would be something like...Fred is trying to protect Olwen because he's near her and is fighting harder, but Olwen isn't the same way with Fred. Or since Olwen is Fred's superior, as a commander she inspires him or w/e but not vice versa. While I think they do get married later, over the course of the game Olwen's main relationship drama is with Reinhardt.