June 7th DLC - Eirika

Hardin

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's just a coincidence so far. They wanted Eirika for the Bride class, and they wanted Elincia so they could delay bringing in Ike until the end, so they both wound up in RvB as the most logical place to put them.

Most of the DLC characters are royalty, so it's really just that they happened to pick two females in a row for RvB for the above reason; I don't think it's unlikely enough to warrant sating it isn't a coincidence when the third couldn't really fit anyway. RvB3 has to have an FE7 character join, and Lyn doesn't seem to be regarded much as a princess, even if she was a plausible choice.

He's considered the main lead by the scenario itself though. King vs King is Marth vs Celice, not Marth vs Sigurd.

Officially, but Sigurd seems to stand out more within the battles. Consider how the characters appearing as the NPC leaders were Marth and Sigurd, as opposed to Marth and Celice. Then in RvB, the NPC leaders were Roy and Ike.

Looking at Spirit Talisman and King vs King, they both have a character who's from a game where the map is taken from (ST uses Ch.1 of Marth's game and KvK uses Prolouge of Celice's game, even though Celice doesn't ever see that map). So if this continues, the final character for RvB will be someone from FE7, and one of the characters for LvD will be Ike.

One thing that I'm curious about is with the LvD maps and their music. All of the other maps have music from the game where the recruitable unit comes from. But LvD has music from FE3. So I wonder what LvD2 and 3 will have for their music.

We've had Roy as a Mercenary.

It's extremely likely that the extent of the remaining character DLC will be the conclusions to the current sets, which means three more maps with three more characters, all high-level maps with high-level characters. It's obvious that we'll get an FE7 rep for RvB3, while the most likely remaining characters for LvD2 and LvD3 are Sigurd and Ike.

I imagine RvB will be Hector (Blue) versus Eliwood (Red).

That would be funny. Teaming up with Ike, Krom concedes that nobles having fights amongst each other is rather silly and proceeds to defeat both armies. Upon victory, he realizes he himself has been a very fickle prince to take sides in so many battles. Ike reacts to this realization by... *insert Paris reveal/battlescene here*

Edited by Only My Unit

LvD2 should have another special class, like KvK2 and RvB2. This time, it'll be gender-neutral and have access to a three-weapon combination containing bows/tomes; there's no question of this. If Sigurd gets this class, it leaves room for Eliwood to show up as a Paladin in RvB3: the ST maps narrow it down to either him or Lyn, and because unpromoted classes are no longer an option, Lyn would have to be a Swordmaster and be redundant with Celice - and that's not going to happen.

I think it is now more likely for lyn to be an assassin.

The only reason why it was always said,she would be a sowrdmaster was that she wouldn't be able to use her signature weapon,the sol katti,as an assassin.

But since the bride class isn't able to wield swords,she can't use her own weapon(eirika's swiftsword),so I think that something like the signature weapon hardly matters....

Edited by BlueLore

If FE7 is getting only one representation like Othin expects, then it's more likely Lyn won't be a DLC char at all and we'll get only Eliwood.

Besides, if you follow the bride class logic, there's no reason for her to be an assassin specifically. People bring it up due to the bow/sword set up, but they've shown with that same bride class that they can change the character's weapon set up. So, using the bride class clogic, she might as well be a Bow Knight, Sniper, Dark Pegasus, Dark Knight...

Edited by NeonZ

If FE7 is getting only one representation like Othin expects, then it's more likely Lyn won't be a DLC char at all and we'll get only Eliwood.

Besides, if you follow the bride class logic, there's no reason for to be an assassin specifically. People bring it up due to the bow/sword set up, but they've shown with that same bride class that they can change the character's weapon set up. She might as well be a bow knight, Sniper, Dark Pegasus, Dark Knight,

nah, she'll be a Maid, who uses axes

nah, she'll be a Maid, who uses axes

At this point, I wouldn't put a Battle Maid class beyond them...

Now, but seriously, in the case of Bride Eirika, it's specifically pointed out that she "transformed" after touching the promotion item. I don't think it can really be compared to characters in their standard classes like Assassin Lyn would be. I guess either Lyn won't be a DLC char at all, or Othin is wrong and we'll see a 5 stars map set (for completely maxed out characters?), and so we'll still get two more DLC classes and all 3 lords from FE7, and one of those classes likely will come alongside Lyn, while the other one will be for Sigurd.

Counting Elincia, there are 15 "Lord" characters. So maybe we'll end up with 15 DLC chapters instead of 12, that way everyone gets in.

Hm... Lords remaining: Celica, Sigurd, Eliwood, Lyn, Hector and Ike. If we add three maps for a 5 stars only scenario, then every lord will make it in (+ Elincia). It could explain her rather odd inclusion compared to the other characters so far.

Edit: Thinking about it, I guess Hector isn't likely to make it as DLC in spite of being a lord. That'd mean 3 DLCs from a single game, and, considering how we haven't gotten a single FE7 character up to now, it doesn't seem very likely.

On the other hand, here's something else to be considered... if there's a DLC gender neutral class... couldn't they actually come with two characters at once to showcase the designs of both genders? Also, people are expecting Ike to have Paris' class, but what if Sigurd gets Overlord? Here's something else to consider: The male npc team helping in Talisman 1 was Marth, Ike and Alm. The female npc team in Talisman 2 was Eirika, Lyn and Celica, no Elincia or Micaiah, which is pretty odd looking back at the DLC list and comparing with the male list from the previous chapter.

Assuming that Othin is correct about 3 maps left, we could see a scenario like this:

RvsB 3 - Eliwood - Paladin (+ Skill)

LvsD 2- Ike & Lyn (Gender Neutral DLC class)

LvsD 3- Sigurd -Overlord (+Skill)

or

RvsB 3 - Eliwood - Paladin (+ Skill)

LvsD 2- Sigurd & Celica (Gender Neutral DLC class)

LvsD 3- Ike (Paris' class) (+Skill)

On the other hand, if there are actually 6 DLC maps left, with a complete 5 star set, then I don't think two gender neutral DLC classes are likely, rather than that, we'll probably see one extra male class and one extra female one. In that case, we could be getting something like this:

Lvl5Map 1- Hector? Sothe? Chris? I'm not sure...

LvsD 2- Sigurd (Male DLC class 2)

RvsB 3- Eliwood - Paladin (+ Skill)

LvsD 3- Celica - Sage (+Skill)

Lvl5Map 2- Lyn (Female DLC class 2)

Lvl5Map 3- Ike - Paris' class (+Skill)

Either way though, I think the next update will give strong hints at the overall number of maps. If the next update is just a monster map, then we'll certainly not see a map with a base level of 5 stars. On the other hand, if there's one, next week seems to be very likely for its first chapter, especially considering how we just got a DLC class, so they likely won't be going to LvsD 2 straight away.

Edited by NeonZ

Hm... Lords remaining: Celica, Sigurd, Eliwood, Lyn, Hector and Ike. If we add three maps for a 5 stars only scenario, then every lord will make it in (+ Elincia). It could explain her rather odd inclusion compared to the other characters so far.

[Edited out for space]

Either way though, I think the next update will give strong hints at the overall number of maps. If the next update is just a monster map, then we'll certainly not see a map with a base level of 5 stars. On the other hand, we might be getting a

The possibility of two characters arriving in the gender neutral class together is interesting, if a bit unlikely. I doubt Ike would get the class, due to my Paris theory, and Lyn, if she were to appear at all, would surely get said DLC class were she available if IS' goal is to avoid DLC class doubles (which would make sense). I don't think Lyn will get her own DLC. Arguably, Elincia was the main character of Radiant Dawn Part 2, and if we assume only Lords who got a major spot in their games (Lyn's could be skipped in the JP versions if I'm not mistaken), then Elincia getting a spot makes sense as well as Sothe not getting one.

I could see Celica getting the class alongside Sigurd, but it's a tough call to make. Both of them appearing in the same DLC as extra's would be unusual considering we've currently not yet received a double character DLC (as in, 2 characters available in the same DLC).

I also believe Ike will arrive in LvD3 to coincide with Paris' projected release. That, and another user, I forget who, pointed out that each DLC chapter has included one character from the map the game is from.

ST series used an FE1 map, thus Marth

KvK series used an FE4 map, thus Celice

RvB series uses FE7 Final, and we've yet to get an FE7 character. One of them is assured if the pattern holds (and there's no reason it wouldn't)

LvD series uses an FE9, so Ike is all but assured.

Interesting of note here, is that, with the exception of Valencia and Magvel, each major FE continent has gotten a map. Valencia has already gotten Alm while both Eirika and Ephraim have been released as well, so it's unlikely we'd get a Magvel map now.

RvB3 will get an FE7 character. Considering it's called Red vs Blue makes think Eliwood will conclude the set. He'd be the only Red character to be available after all.

The only character that is largely questionable is whomever arrives for LvD 2. We've projected it to be Sigurd, given his high presence in KvK and it'd make sense for him to appear. It could be Celica, but at the same time FE2 isn't quite as popular as FE4 and I'm hesitant to think that they'd leave Sigurd out of the DLC.

A fifth set is unlikely considering the last SpotPass Gaiden would be released around the time the last LvD DLC is announced. Assuming no more additional content is planned, then we should be done getting DLC after LvD3 gets announced. But, in the event we don't, the way I see it, we should get a map from FE2.

If Chris counts, then set 5 with a map from FE2 could be something like this:

Set5 1 - Chris (Grandmaster?)

Set5 2 - Lyn OR Hector (DLC Class)

Set5 3 - Celica (Sage?)

With this, the character for Set5-2 would have to be not from FE2 or FE3 (the projected adversary for this set). That means Celica wouldn't be able to get the DLC class which could prove some other issues. It'd be kind of...strange to get Celica last. Aside from that, there's plenty of other issues with this proposed 5th set, so I'm pretty confident it won't happen.

That, and Ike as the Last DLC to match Marth as the First DLC? The First Lord of the series with the Last Lord pre-Krom. Makes sense, no?

I have edited this post way too many times.

Edited by Shun One

Indeed.

I think the four continents' maps is particularly significant, and a great find. If we look at KvK and RvB, we see battles between Archanea, Jugdral, Elibe, and Tellius. Velancia and Magvel are counted as sidestories with Archanea and Elibe.

Then there's the matter of a fifth step above LvD not quite making sense. LvD doesn't have all maxed out enemies on Normal, but on Lunatic, it comes damn close. Then the skills and weapons really are about as scary as they could be, with every enemy having five skills including 1-2 Slayer skills and one of the game's best weapons. And in content,the enemies featured are the villains of the series, the heroes of the series, and then both teams combined. Doesn't get much more exciting than that, at least not with the content they're including in SpotPass.

---

What I should note is that I don't think Red vs. Blue has any implications for the last joining character. Red vs. Blue is Roy vs. Ike, just as King vs. King was Marth vs. Sigurd. In both cases, the two characters being referred to don't join in that map set, but instead one joins in ST and presumably the other joins in LvD. But yes, we have to get an FE7 rep, and Eliwood is the only one that makes sense. He's depicted as the FE7 team leader in RvB2, which makes sense with his role in the game, and it makes sense that they would have to go for all the allied team leaders.

And yes, I know the site says KvK is Marth vs. Celice. It isn't. When the Jugdral team shows up on the allied side, Sigurd is the leader, not Celice. Same with the Archanea, Elibe, and Tellius teams: it's always the real continent leader in charge.

---

I should note that Cellica's role in all this strikes me as odd, especially since she's already appeared as a boss. It's possible that we may see a standalone 5-star DLC starring Cellica. It would probably be different from past ones, though, and I wouldn't say it's likely.

As for Chris, he's not possible for redesigned DLC as he's absent from the FE3 SpotPass team. I suspect we'll see him as a reward for the 5-star monster DLC, though.

I could see Celica getting the class alongside Sigurd, but it's a tough call to make. Both of them appearing in the same DLC as extra's would be unusual considering we've currently not yet received a double character DLC (as in, 2 characters available in the same DLC).

We haven't received yet a gender neutral class though. I think if we get one, it's possible they'll have two characters to showcase the gender variation. That is IF we get one - a gender neutral class would likely need two body models, so we might not see that. Rather than Sigurd with a DLC class, we might get just an Overlord Sigurd and no more DLC classes, if there are really only 3 maps remaining.

Good point about LvsD using a FE9 map and the continents, I completely forgot that for a moment. Still...

The only character that is largely questionable is whomever arrives for LvD 2. We've projected it to be Sigurd, given his high presence in KvK and it'd make sense for him to appear. It could be Celica, but at the same time FE2 isn't quite as popular as FE4 and I'm hesitant to think that they'd leave Sigurd out of the DLC.

That's another matter though. The DLC so far doesn't really seem to be based on popularity. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were the worst selling FEs in Japan, yet it seems they'll get 3 characters, while the FE6/7 set seems to be going to get only two and FE 1/3 only has one. Maybe we're looking at everything from the wrong point of view? FE 4/5 already have 2 DLC characters, so maybe that will be it for them and there'll be no Sigurd DLC at all? On the other hand, assuming that they're taking international popularity into account, due to the FE9/10 representation, you'd think there'd be more FE7 representation, which doesn't seem to be happening so far and doesn't seem to be expected with the current expectation of only 3 character DLC maps.

A fifth set is unlikely considering the last SpotPass Gaiden would be released around the time the last LvD DLC is announced. Assuming no more additional content is planned, then we should be done getting DLC after LvD3 gets announced. But, in the event we don't, the way I see it, we should get a map from FE2.

I think you're forgetting the spotpass characters. Right now, there's FE4 Gen 1, FE1/11, FE6 and they're just starting FE4 Gen 2. That means they aren't even halfway through the 120 spotpass units. The support won't necessarily end alongside Paris' release.

As for Chris, he's not possible for redesigned DLC as he's absent from the FE3 SpotPass team. I suspect we'll see him as a reward for the 5-star monster DLC, though.

We haven't actually seen the FE3 spotpass team yet though. In the first map they appeared, they were led by Prince Marth, who isn't even in that team. Later we saw King Marth being used alongside them, and now we're assuming that he'll be the spotpass character there. But... if Chris pops up in LvsD2, they might just have pulled another switch, with Chris being the actual spotpass unit in that team while King Marth would be an extra, either a special 121 Spotpass or a lvl5 monster DLC prize.

Either way though, I think the upcoming announcement regarding the next DLC will clear up a lot of things one way or another, at least regarding the number of maps. If they're still following their usual patterns, we should get a new map next time. If there isn't a new character map or they jump straight to RvsB 3, it likely means we've already hit a wall and LvsD really is the last character map.

Edited by NeonZ

I think you're forgetting the spotpass characters. Right now, there's FE4 Gen 1, FE1/11, FE6 and they're just starting FE4 Gen 2. That means they aren't even halfway through the 120 spotpass units. The support won't necessarily end alongside Paris' release.

We haven't actually seen the FE3 spotpass team yet though. In the first map they appeared, they were led by Prince Marth, who isn't even in that team. Later we saw King Marth being used alongside them, and now we're assuming that he'll be the spotpass character there. But... if Chris pops up in LvsD2, they might just have pulled another switch, with Chris being the actual spotpass unit in that team while King Marth would be an extra, either a special 121 Spotpass or a lvl5 monster DLC prize.

Either way though, I think the upcoming announcement regarding the next DLC will clear up a lot of things one way or another. If they're still following their usual patterns, we should get a new map next time. If there isn't one, it likely means we've already hit a wall and LvsD really is the last one.

The way I see it, there's two kinda of support: major support and minor support. The major support, as I see it, is the full maps: the SpotPass sidequests with their secret characters and the paid DLC. The minor support is the SpotPass characters, items, and Dual Tag teams. So it makes sense that they would set it up to end the types of major support at similar times and then extend the minor support for about twice as long before ending it as well.

The full FE3 SpotPass team appeared in KvK1, and checking it, the leader is indeed King Marth, not Prince Marth.

No matter what, we're going to see some character DLC announced this week, along with the 3-star monster map. They've gone with character DLC every update so far; they're not going to stop that and give us four weeks between character DLC.

The schedule I'm predicting is:

RvB3 + Monster 3 (Eliwood and Othin)

LvD2 (Sigurd)

LvD3 + Monster 5 (Ike and Chris)

If there's a standalone map, it'll show up with LvD2.

The schedule I'm predicting is:

RvB3 + Monster 3 (Eliwood and Othin)

LvD2 (Sigurd)

LvD3 + Monster 5 (Ike and Chris)

I would guess you would want othin wouldn't you :P

But I have a question , what about Titania? she has a weapon ingame and had a pretty good role in F9 arguably a bigger role than chris since he was just a remake only character which imo isn't as important despite having a item name after him.(which is not a weapon if I may add, but that could be cause you can freely chose his class)

Also if we go by that, it would make sense that eliwood and hector get fe7 and lyn doesn't appear at all despite the sol katti being available(it's dlc isn't it?) because after all the sol katti isn't that important it was just a cheap way of giving her a sword instead of murgleis which would also indicate that she's not considered as important and is just a filler character, imo of course.

I would guess you would want othin wouldn't you :P

But I have a question , what about Titania? she has a weapon ingame and had a pretty good role in F9 arguably a bigger role than chris since he was just a remake only character which imo isn't as important despite having a item name after him.(which is not a weapon if I may add, but that could be cause you can freely chose his class)

Also if we go by that, it would make sense that eliwood and hector get fe7 and lyn doesn't appear at all despite the sol katti being available(it's dlc isn't it?) because after all the sol katti isn't that important it was just a cheap way of giving her a sword instead of murgleis which would also indicate that she's not considered as important and is just a filler character, imo of course.

Titania was in the FE9 spotpass team so she is going to be released. Othin has an item ingame but wasn't featured in the FE5 spotpass team. So we can assume he'll be a reward to a monster DLC like Elosthan was in IDW DLC.

Currently, almost all the characters with items named for them are available in FE13. Past-game ones like Titania are available as SpotPass.

The monster maps seem to be including past-game characters that didn't make it into SpotPass. With Othin and Chris being the only characters with items named for them who didn't make it into SpotPass, it makes sense that they'd show up there to complete the set. The versions lack redesigns and are really just like SpotPass versions, so any characters that already exist as SpotPass aren't going to appear there.

Edited by Othin

The way I see it, there's two kinda of support: major support and minor support. The major support, as I see it, is the full maps: the SpotPass sidequests with their secret characters and the paid DLC. The minor support is the SpotPass characters, items, and Dual Tag teams. So it makes sense that they would set it up to end the types of major support at similar times and then extend the minor support for about twice as long before ending it as well.

Hm... I'm not sure I agree. I'd divide them in paid support and free support. The point of of the free support is to keep the users checking the game occasionally to keep it and avoid reselling for a while, but also to learn about new paid content. If they're still providing support, it's likely because they expect the users to follow them, so there'd be a chance to sell more content.

The full FE3 SpotPass team appeared in KvK1, and checking it, the leader is indeed King Marth, not Prince Marth.

Huh... You're right. Looking back though, It's kind of odd that no one noticed him until KvK2 was out. Maybe there was a stealth update?

No matter what, we're going to see some character DLC announced this week, along with the 3-star monster map. They've gone with character DLC every update so far; they're not going to stop that and give us four weeks between character DLC.

I just mentioned that as a possibility and I think it's still one. They've already changed the schedule of the updates and added an extra character with a monster map, so they could change that too, if we're really near the ending of the extra content. Anyway, if we go straight to RvsB 3, rather than a new lvl5 map, you'll probably be correct too and there won't be a complete lvl 5 map set, at best just an incomplete set or the monster map.

Most of the FE3 team in this game are remake-only characters though, so the producers clearly don't agree... They could have gone with card game art, but chose to go with only art from the remake games.

Hector has appeared only once in the DLC maps so far though, so, if anyone is filler for this game, it seems to be him.

Edited by NeonZ

Hm... I'm not sure I agree. I'd divide them in paid support and free support. The point of of the free support is to keep the users checking the game occasionally to keep it and avoid reselling for a while, but also to learn about new paid content. If they're still providing support, it's likely because they expect the users to follow them, so there'd be a chance to sell more content.

In theory, perhaps with regard to games in general. However, we know that there are eight more fortnightly free updates of SpotPass teams being distributed, and any way you look at it, the paid updates that are paired with them don't have enough content left for eight more updates. So while that might apply to other things, it doesn't apply here.

On the other hand, the paid DLC and the SpotPass sidequests have a much more massive chunk of content in them than other stuff, introducing an entire map, complete with dialogue and a character. The two are alternating in their updates, and we know we'll see three more fortnightly SpotPass sidequest updates, while the minimum number of fornightly paid DLC updates remaining is also three. So it fits perfectly.

Edited by Othin

What I should note is that I don't think Red vs. Blue has any implications for the last joining character. Red vs. Blue is Roy vs. Ike, just as King vs. King was Marth vs. Sigurd. In both cases, the two characters being referred to don't join in that map set, but instead one joins in ST and presumably the other joins in LvD. But yes, we have to get an FE7 rep, and Eliwood is the only one that makes sense. He's depicted as the FE7 team leader in RvB2, which makes sense with his role in the game, and it makes sense that they would have to go for all the allied team leaders.

And yes, I know the site says KvK is Marth vs. Celice. It isn't. When the Jugdral team shows up on the allied side, Sigurd is the leader, not Celice. Same with the Archanea, Elibe, and Tellius teams: it's always the real continent leader in charge.

Point. I hadn't taken into account the previous Set when I mentioned it. At any case, Eliwood makes the most sense as has been mentioned over and over.

We haven't received yet a gender neutral class though. I think if we get one, it's possible they'll have two characters to showcase the gender variation. That is IF we get one - a gender neutral class would likely need two body models, so we might not see that. Rather than Sigurd with a DLC class, we might get just an Overlord Sigurd and no more DLC classes, if there are really only 3 maps remaining.

That would be interesting. Overlord Sigurd as opposed to a DLC class? It'd certainly be a different out-come than what we were expecting. If it happened though, Celica getting a Bow/Tome/? class wouldn't be as unusual as Sigurd getting said class.

That's another matter though. The DLC so far doesn't really seem to be based on popularity. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were the worst selling FEs in Japan, yet it seems they'll get 3 characters, while the FE6/7 set seems to be going to get only two and FE 1/3 only has one. Maybe we're looking at everything from the wrong point of view? FE 4/5 already have 2 DLC characters, so maybe that will be it for them and there'll be no Sigurd DLC at all? On the other hand, assuming that they're taking international popularity into account, due to the FE9/10 representation, you'd think there'd be more FE7 representation, which doesn't seem to be happening so far and doesn't seem to be expected with the current expectation of only 3 character DLC maps.

You've a point. I was mostly going on the assumption of a mix between international and Japanese popularity with my assumption. Perhaps the DLC characters are meant to represent the major players in each given continent. It's one of the easiest ways to explain Elincia's unexpected presence here.

You've got me there. I'm personally expecting Side Quest related SpotPass to stop after that point. As for the DLC, we've got a Gold DLC, an EXP DLC, and now an Legendary Weapons DLC. What else could we get a generic DLC specifically for? Skills perhaps?

Either way though, I think the upcoming announcement regarding the next DLC will clear up a lot of things one way or another, at least regarding the number of maps. If they're still following their usual patterns, we should get a new map next time. If there isn't a new character map or they jump straight to RvsB 3, it likely means we've already hit a wall and LvsD really is the last character map.

Agreed. The next DLC announcement should solidify our theories if we're correct, or send us on another speculation game if we aren't. Either way, I'm looking forward to this weeks announcement.

Hector has appeared only once in the DLC maps so far though, so, if anyone is filler for this game, it seems to be him.

Agreed. Especially considering Hector Mode was a clear game extra.

Edited by Shun One