June 7th DLC - Eirika

Hardin

I think it's to differentiate them from the spotpass versions. Else there'd be no reason not to just wait for the spotpass characters if you didn't want the map.

This, pretty much.

Do remember that Roy and Marth, despite being available as DLC with redesigns, were also handed out in their classic forms over SpotPass for free. Plus apparently you can reclass DLC characters after recruiting them, so if you'd rather Myrmidon Eirika, there you go.

or hell if you'd rather pegasus knight Eirika or general Eirika--okay actually that last one sounds hilarious.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, pretty much.

Do remember that Roy and Marth, despite being available as DLC with redesigns, were also handed out in their classic forms over SpotPass for free. Plus apparently you can reclass DLC characters after recruiting them, so if you'd rather Myrmidon Eirika, there you go.

or hell if you'd rather pegasus knight Eirika or general Eirika--okay actually that last one sounds hilarious.

Are all the DLC*** (not spotpass) characters like Marth in the fact that they can reclass to every single class in the game?

Either way, if not, a Myrmidon/Swordmaster Eirika is pretty much garunteed, but i'm curious about what we could do with her.

Edited by LegendaryHero0

Let me explain more in depth...

Your argument to why they were NOT being represented as King/Queen was because their dress is irrelevant to the role of a King/Queen. My counter-argument to that was that "irrelevance" isn't a factor in a stylized setting, with capes being an example. Cape's are irrelevant to whether or not certain characters are what role, but they still exist and symbolize things within the context of the game. That's why having an irrelevant dress to real-world scenarios doesn't really apply.

In FE, Kings are traditionally more fleshed out, bulkier, and even more proud looking. Older, more mature body shapes. Such is the case with Ephraim.

In FE, Queens are traditionally more gaudy, and wear longer apparal. They also tend to be less practical (See Elincia, Nyna, Emilina, etc..). Such is the case with Eirika.

Now, like I said, they might not be even intended to be that way, nor do I actually believe that they are, and it was only a whimsical pondering on my behalf, but you almost seem offended by that claim, so I thought i'd clarify and show you that it's not just baseless assumptions.

one day I will actually learn to read these things properly

I'm surprised that only a couple people are threatening to storm IS for such a drastic change, considering how anal people have been about remaining faithful to the original games. I, on the other hand, am loving this. I'd much rather see an interesting redesign and re-imagining than a restrictively faithful adaptation, and Eirika looks positively radiant in her battle gown.

I'm also really looking forward to putting Lucina in a wedding dress as well.

*high-five*

This.

I love these redesigns. If I wanted the characters to look how they did previously, I'd just use their Spot-Pass versions.

Pretty interesting that Eirika get's a custom class. I'm wondering on the class utility as well. Swords/Bows/Staffs seems likely to go along with Swords/Axes/Tomes of Alms class.

I think it's to differentiate them from the spotpass versions. Else there'd be no reason not to just wait for the spotpass characters if you didn't want the map.

This too. I hadn't considered it much before, but it sounds pretty reasonable. Though there's a few of them who have the same class as their DLC (Roy)

Edited by Shun One

Poor Eirika, that dress must make it hard to flash people in the middle of battle!

Anyway, I like the artwork, it is really neat! Though do agree that maybe Eirika wasn't the best person to bring in the class.

But I'm totally making MU a bride after getting an S with Krom!!

Edited by MoonAdept

my favorite part about this is the extent they're going to to delay putting out an FE7 character. Assuming the last RvB is revealed in four weeks though it'll probably be then.

though I would be fine with them just never putting out an FE7 character tbh

Get out

There's a non-zero chance that the delay for FE7 representation means we're getting a super-large FE7 DLC pack that includes all three lords. Right? Right.

Either way Eirika looks great, and I'm glad they're covering another one of the weapon combinations (bows/staffs).

Sword, Axe, Tome (DEMON FIGHTER)

Lance, Bow, Staff (BRIDE)

Brides and Demon Fighters.

Fire Emblem, you have my heartttttt. :]

Anyways I hoooopee the bride gets that weapon combo... Id pee. Such a new combination it twould' be. eek! :]

Edited by Lokiyuna

Eirika is not really the wrong person for that class. There simply is no right person for that class. It's a wedding dress on the battlefield. There is no helping that one.

And doing something interesting with a character and see what they do, is one thing. You can't just bend a character indefinitely. They are more then just a bunch of physical features. Eventually, you will just end up creating a different character with the same name and similar appearance. They did that one wonderfully with Elincia.

The dress aside, access to bows and staffs makes no sense for her. We know that Ephrahim can use any weapon but only use lances in the game because it's the one he prefers. So having a class with more options would not seem too out of place for him.

But Eirika only learned some self-defence skills from her brother. It's hard to imagine that he taught her several weapon types on top of sword fighting. And even if he did, Ephrahim said that he sucks with magic, so where did she learn to use staffs?

And since she has a personal class, there is no excuse for it to be so unfitting. And even with Reclass, she is stuck with that portrait.

So yeah. This is not Eirika, despite the physical resemblance and ignoring that she wouldn't go to battle with this.

Characters are more than just physical features... Shouldn't you consider that yourself? Eirika will get some dialogue in the upcoming DLC chapter, and she most likely still will sound like herself. There's a translation of the script of the RvsB DLC chapter, and Elincia still sounded like herself there, in spite of being some alternate world version. Also, I don't think bows and staffs are that off for Eirika's character, they just weren't weapons the gameplay allowed her to use in FE8. Her training was focused on self defense and she fought to protect others, so that kind of support unit weapons fit her character.

If this were some kind of secret promotion in FE8 itself, it wouldn't be very odd - as long as her third weapon is a sword...

Edited by NeonZ

Characters are more than just physical features... Shouldn't you consider that yourself? Eirika will get some dialogue in the upcoming DLC chapter, and she most likely still will sound like herself.

That would not change anything about the problems of the artwork and the class, which was what I commented on. Whether or not the dialogue fits, is a separate issue.

I wonder if the scenario features at least a wedding so the gear makes at least some sense during the scenario itself. If so, I wonder if she gets a partner.

Edit:

There's a translation of the RvsB DLC chapter, and Elincia still sounded like herself, in spite of being some alternate world version.

And Elincia's artwork featured her cockily smirking and swinging her hips seductively. She is the opposite of both. Though, while she did grow in confidence, she would never treat war and taking lives so lighthearted as the artwork suggests.

Edited by BrightBow

>Lumi's face when

Hey, I like that pairing. It gives Seth bonuses and gets him laid.

on a semi unrelated note I want a butler DLC

Edited by Fat Bunny

*sigh*

She should have gotten a fencer class or a variant of a swordmaster. Oh well, i'll still buy the DLC when I get the chance, but i'm rather disappointed especially when you consider what Eiphram got.

The thing is, I feel like I'm being given MORE reason to just wait for the spotpass versions with the ways they're differentiating the characters. The maps are nice, but I'd rather go for a map that gives me more "material" rewards (like gold/items) than one that gives me what is, IMO, an inferior version of a unit I can get for free.

This would've been way less awful if it were Elincia and the class was named Queen. As it is now, the artwork itself isn't bad, but the class is probably the least fitting of anyone so far.

I wonder if the scenario features at least a wedding so the gear makes at least some sense during the scenario itself. If so, I wonder if she gets a partner.

The scenario will be another version of Red vs Blue, so it's very unlikely it'll involve an actual wedding...

And Elincia's artwork featured her cockily smirking and swinging her hips seductively. She is the opposite of both. Though, while she did grow in confidence, she would never treat war and taking lives so lighthearted as the artwork suggests.

Huh... it just featured her smiling - many characters are shown smiling in their artwork. Also, "Swinging her hips seductively?", Are we looking at the same artwork? Anyway, in the chapter itself, she's portrayed rather close to her FE9 self.

Edited by NeonZ

1°) I like the art, even though I would have liked a more warrior-like approach. At least it's better than Micaiah and Elincia IMHO.

2°) That class name is just wonderful... I'm already imagining it:

Congratulation, Nono/Sanaki/Any other spotpass loli, promoted to Bride. A Fbi's car is on its way to your 3DS's location.

Huh. Kind of hoped Eliwood, Hector, or Lyn would be the next DLC, but Eirika is a nice surprise. Hopefully they give her something good to work with this time around, because she was severely lacking with a few aspects in Sacred Stones.

Also, dat dress. Holy cow. What class are they giving her? Has anyone figured it out yet?

Edited by Karaszure

definatly the dress i would get married in. thou i wonder why they chose the name 'bride' for the class. i assume it will be changed in the european relese but still. i would have thought the stage would be inturupting her wedding to seth or whoever kill bill style