So... Let's see which is better, male of female units

nano

Just going by the tier lists on this forum here, however outdated they may be, the top 5 of each game is:

4-1: MMFMM

4-2: MMMMM

5: FFMMF

6: MMMFM

7. MFFM M/F

8: 3.5M, 1.5F (average of two routes)

9: FFFMM

10: MFMMM

11: Can't find a tier list, presumably because wrap and Shiida broke everything

12: FMFFM

That totals to 29M, 15F.

I'm not doing the first three because, well... I didn't.

Then it's the number of units available. Counting only the games that come into question, I got

288M, 142F

So looks like the sexes are equal in strength! Aren't we all happy. NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Edited by nano

Well, it makes sense for there to be more males than females in the game, just as there are more males than females in armies in real life, and in armies in medieval eras. So since there are more males in total, there will obviously be more males who are good than females who are good.

And look at the ratios. There are approximately twice as many male units in total as female units in total, and approximately twice as many male units who are the best as compared to the amount of female units who are the best. In fact, there re slightly more than twice as many males as females in total, but slightly less than twice as many when looking at just the best units, so in fact, I'd say the FEMALES are higher in strength in Fire Emblem.

Yeah, almost all of the females that are on the list are flyers or staffers. Males are mostly combat units.

FE11/12 fliers are combat-oriented due to the lack of rescue, so there's Caeda, Palla, Catria for female combat units. Miledy may be a flier but her job isn't to rescue, either, due to her low aid and her high combat/durability parameters, so she's in as a combat unit. And then Titania's on a horse.

I think that's all the combat-mainers for females, though, in the top tier.

It's more that very few combat characters are in Top in tier lists if they don't have a mount of some sort, male or female. And I guess most female units with mounts have pegasi/wyverns over horses. Soiree was like the first female Cavalier (other than Amelia, who's too bad to be saved by a horse), all the way in FE13. We had Isadora and Titania before that for Paladins, and that's about it.

And there's also Astrid and Cecil, but idgaf.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

-Jesus On Wheels-

Marcus

-Top-

Sain

Priscilla

Kent

Ninian/Nils

I did S rank tiers for the games that have it, because that's what the game actually intend you to go for.

I did S rank tiers for the games that have it, because that's what the game actually intend you to go for.

No, it isn't. S Ranks are not what the player is "supposed" to go for, it's merely another option of many. It certainly seems a bit weird to say that Serra is an amazing unit because she gains lots of experience, which is 90% of her position on the S Rank tier list.

No, it isn't. S Ranks are not what the player is "supposed" to go for, it's merely another option of many. It certainly seems a bit weird to say that Serra is an amazing unit because she gains lots of experience, which is 90% of her position on the S Rank tier list.

Well in that case it's 30 v 14, which is still kinda balanced, but now with a slight favor to the males instead.