Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Ether

that post was aimed at Helios, btw

and Subieko, wrt to Iris' role, I'm referring to other games, and general logic in making setups. I'm doing one right now, and fair to say I have an idea about what is good (and broken) and what isn't.

Could you please clarify what you meant then? Because your sentence looked like you were saying Iris' role makes sense as a Town role, which kind of contradicts your claim that her role is scummy. I'm not questioning your knowledge, I'm just confused by why you said that in this context.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let's put it this way: Given the strength of roles in this game, Iris' role makes less sense as a possible town role, because it's too weak as town, but not as scum.

The more and more I think of it, the less sure I get of Haze. He's been mostly absent after his PGO claim and the discussion surrounding it. And this phase, he echoed Prims and Manix by voting Subieko, and then left. But I don't think we should lynch him today either way. I think that Iris is scummy as well, but I agree with Helios and Subi that nano makes a better target. Those people you listed as most likely town, Manix, are most likely town whether Iris flips town or scum. On the other hand, if nano flips town, Helios and Subi look pretty bad for being the main ones pushing for his lynch.

(woops, forgot to address this in my last post. gogo double postin'~)

Well, he did start that wagon on you. and he discussed about the third parties when that first came up. That's all I remember off the top of my head, I'll go back and read Haze's posts more later. Up to this point I haven't focused on him much because I figured he wasn't that interested in the game since PGO makes him safe from anything targeting him.

Also I'm off to spend some time with my family, will be back later to check the thread again.

Just because he can't be Night Killed doesn't mean he can't lose. And now that our Doctor is dead, he will indeed die if he chooses to use his mass LR.

Okay, let's put it this way: Given the strength of roles in this game, Iris' role makes less sense as a possible town role, because it's too weak as town, but not as scum.

The problem with this logic is that games are not always balanced and we can't assume that this one is either.

Just because he can't be Night Killed doesn't mean he can't lose. And now that our Doctor is dead, he will indeed die if he chooses to use his mass LR.

hold that thought.

ring ring.

Dear Subieko, you are Michael Roa Valdamjong

Roa_mugshot.png

You are Michael Roa Valdamjong, a vampire and a numberless Dead Apostle Ancestor. You became a vampire as part of your quest to gain immortality, but the other Dead Apostles see you as a heretic and wish to destroy you.

You are called the Infinite Reincarnator because of your power to reincarnate no matter how many times you die. During the night, you may reply "Night X - Reincarnating as USER" to choose them as your next reincarnation and you may use their power once during the following night phase by replying as if you were them. USER must be town aligned and they must be targeted the next Night phase after they die. However, because of the other Dead Apostles wish to destroy you, you proceed with caution and may only use this ability three times.

You are allied with the Town. You win if all all threats to the Town are eliminated.

This is Subieko. Backed up Scorri N2. Can doctor tonight, want to keep secret so scum don't block.

You may not receive any more messages today.

this had to be done, Subieko. You did say it was okay, although not preferable.

Haze, use your mass!LR tonight. It will either clear Subieko or prove she's scum. Prims, don't vig shot if you have one.

we mislynch Iris, we confirm pretty much the rest of the game tonight. Think about it:

Confirmed town (of which one should likely die):

Me

Prims

Haze (won't die)

BBM (won't die)

Psych (likely)

If only 4 of those people are left, they are the confirmed town, because it'll be 4-3 on a mislynch. Ie, lynch our way to victory.

If Iris flips scum, we aren't at MyLO, and we get more time.

Eh? you were sayyyyyyyyyyyying

I still want to lynch Iris, btw. Although, considering the above, that could also be said for if we mislynch nano. I guess I could lynch nano still.

How is there no downside to lynching Iris? If we mislynch Iris, we are going to be down 4-3 D4. THAT'S MYLO. THAT'S RISKY. Why is that risky? Because like you said, even if there are only 4 people that we know are probable town (IMO there is only two with you and Prims, BBM and Psych are probable, Haze is a little iffy), that means we have 3 possible lynch targets. What happens when whoever we decide to lynch ends up actually being town even if he/she looks scummy? We won't have solved the Nano/Subieko dilemma and even if you, Prims, BBM, and Haze all decide you want one of them lynched, and they end up flipping town, guess what? You are completely responsible for town's loss this game. Scum will be laughing their asses off at your mistake. All I'm saying is that I think it's too risky when we can learn a lot more right now off a Nano or Subieko lynch.

And I really just want to make this clear: I'M NOT DEFENDING IRIS. I'm not saying I think she's town, I'm just saying Nano and Subieko are scummier right now. And I'm pretty sure you're supposed to lynch who you think is the scummiest, not who is third on the scumlist (I remember my first game I played Darros got a lot of shit for wanting to lynch someone second on his scumlist rather than his first).

I don't see how your so confident that we're gonna confirm who's town tomorrow. Maybe if you would explain that I can see why this is so "facepalm" worthy to you, but right now, even though I see where your coming from, I think the alternative I'm presenting is much safer. The only difference between our proposals is that we want to do the exact same thing in a different order.

Wow I got ninjask'd by a billion people. That's what I get for taking my time making a post and watching the Tigers game instead of focusing on just typing. Gonna have to read now!

hello ninja Manix

see two posts above. I would be on board with a nano lynch for the same reasons as an Iris lynch. My thinking went kinda into tunneling, soz.

so why the frick not

##Unvote

##Vote: nano

Psych (0): Helios

Subieko (3): Haze, Manix, Psych, Prims, Nano

Nano (3): Subieko, Helios, Prims, BBM, Psych

Iris (2): Manix, Psych, Psych

These are the Votals at the moment, I believe, unless Prims has changed his vote. Nano and Subi are tied at 3 votes, with 5 required for the lynch. Iris isn't currently voting. I think Nano should be our target, so I'm keeping my vote there.

Psych (0): Helios

Subieko (3): Haze, Manix, Psych, Prims, Nano

Nano (4): Subieko, Helios, Prims, BBM, Psych, Manix

Iris (1): Manix, Psych, Psych

Manix ninja'd me. >_> Nano is now at L-1.

Majority has been reached. Grace Period of 3 hours starts as of ~5 minutes ago.

Votals:

nano [5]: Subieko, Helios, Prims, BBM, Psych, Manix, Prims

Subieko [2]: Prims, Manix, Haze, Psych, Prims, nano

Iris [1]: Manix, Psych, Psych

Helios [0]: Prims

Psych [0]: Helios,

##Vote Subieko

##Vote: Subieko

#Vote Psych

##Vote: Nano

##Unvote, ##Vote Helios

##Unvote

#Vote Nano

##Unvote

##Vote nano

##Unvote

##Vote: Iris

##Unvote

##Vote Subieko

##Unvote Subieko, Vote Iris

##Unvote, Vote Nano

##Unvote, Vote Iris

##Unvote

##Unvote

##Vote nano

Alright then, I believe this is the right time to do this, if there is any at all. I didn't want it to come to this stage, but unfortunately it seems I can't turn the lynch now any other way. Judging by Manix's analysis BBM is quite suspicious as well, so I don't think claiming to him would help me.

Dear nano, you are Lancer

180px-Cuchullain.png

You are the Heroic Spirit Cu Chulainn, summoned in the Lancer class. You are an efficient and well-balanced fighter, specializing in survival.

You are bound by a Command Spell forcing you to not kill your opponents, only to scout their abilities. However, the best way to know someone is to know their sword, and no one is better at that job than you are. During the night, you may reply "Night X - Engaging <USER>". You will challenge <USER>, and from your bout, learn of their abilities, receiving <USER>'s full role PM.

You are allied with the Town. You win if all all threats to the Town are eliminated.

There is almost no way to doubt this claim. The town does not have an inspect yet, which makes no sense. I can't be fake claiming because 1. The mafia inspect is dead and I can't clear myself if I'm fake. 2. There is definitely a inspect in town and having two makes no sense.

I checked Eclipse on N0, which is the worst possible random target for me as it gave me neither a townie to talk to nor a scum to lynch. I checked scorri on N1, probably a mistake here. I wanted to talk to someone more experienced so I don't waste my important role. I was expecting the doc to back up scorri since she was clearly the would-be town leader, but that didn't happen and scorri died. I checked Straw last night, but he got hit by the vig. I could have maybe claimed earlier to a likely townie, but I didn't have anything useful to share on any given day (the nights all went unfavorably for me) so I decided to not risk it for now and wait until I have more info (and a result that can instantly clear myself).

My primary suspect is still subieko right now because of how aggresively he went on me, especially with those questionable quote selections. He was the second highest lynch after me, so it makes sense that he would try aggressively to get the votes off himself.

Psych do you even read this thread

Just want to keep in mind that if nano claimed to Prims, and Prims still thinks he's scummy, then he's probably got a good reason for it.

I think right now it'd be pretty easy to claim cop, especially when everyone you targeted seemed to be people that died. I just think it's pretty opportunistic. Town already has a pseudo-cop in Psych's question asking role and now we got a cop to boot? A cop who didn't decide to out any of his suspects this whole time? I'm not buying it, sorry.

Yep, okay then.

##Unvote

##Vote: Iris

Back to square one, because Iris will not be that useful. Besides, it makes it easier to figure out a plan. Policy lynch Iris is now the best option.

Considering we are intending to prove mass!LR and Subieko's claim, target someone that isn't Iris tonight. Preferably Helios. This way, if Haze is fakeclaiming, you get the result on Helios, and we lynch Haze (and Helios the next day if he's scum). If you get Haze's PM, he's cleared. If Haze dies, we lynch Subieko for fakeclaiming. If all of that works out like it should, then that only leaves two non-confirmed townies: Psych and Helios. In other words, we pretty much find all of the scumteam tonight, pretty much no matter what.

any questions? because I think we can clear everyone tonight, regardless of fakeclaims.

I should note that if nano is fakeclaiming, we'll figure it out pretty easily. Also, for all we know, Psych could still be scum. He's not cleared yet.