Who will they unveil FE13 for?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will they unveil Fe13?

2. 2. If Yes, Where

• Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Asia (Excluding Japan)
    • Oceiania (I.e. Australia, New Zeland etc.)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hopes it plays like Sympohmy of the Night.

Sadly not, the new Castlevania game for the 3ds is a 2.5D game. I heard that it will have similar gameplay as Lord of Shadows so expect attack combos and such. I think it also wouldn't be a Metroidvania anymore... RIP Castlevania

Edit: Just saw the footage, and Yup! it's looks pretty bad...

Edited by Kramgnauh

It looks like Nintendo is already going to release Code of Princess which came out the same week as FE in Japan I believe. I find it kind of hard to think that NoA would bring CoP over but not FE when FE completely blew away CoP on the release day. I mean really....if they want money makers than I'm sure they would bring over FE as well.

Also what happend to the Zelda for Wii U?

Possibly the same thing that happened to the Link vs. Ganondorf demo at Spaceworld 2000 for the Gamecube; it ended up just being a video made to showcase the power of the system.

That sucks -_-. I hopping they will make a Fire Emblem for the Wii U.

I wouldn't rule it out completely, but with the way the global market is, I can't imagine that it would be a wise move for Nintendo. Japan loves handheld titles; if the figures that I've seen are to be believed (which do have doubts about), even Shadow Dragon and New Mystery sold better than Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn over there. Given the assumedly high cost of development for the Wii U and the fact that the series may not be globally sold any longer (as remains to be seen with Awakening), I don't know that Nintendo would be wanting to jump onto that train that fast.

Though, since Intelligent Systems is one of Nintendo's main development studios (going so far as working on the systems themselves before, IIRC), I imagine that they'll develop *something* for the Wii U; whether that's Fire Emblem or not, we'll have to see.

Quick question about the first Nintendo conference: Did they ever show any gamplay footage for the new Castlevania game? I'm pretty curious about it. even though I'm pretty pessimistic that it won't be as good as the other ones

I've heard rumors that Mirror of Fate might feature Trevor as the protagonist (it certainly didn't look like Gabriel's attire from the original Lords of Shadow, seeing as the hero was clad in green-colored clothes in the short trailer at today's presser). Beyond that, there wasn't much about it; it will likely get a large focus tomorrow since the 3DS guy that was on stage said that they wanted to devote a decent portion of time to the third-party titles that will be on the system and it was one of the ones that was shown in video form...

EDIT:

It looks like Nintendo is already going to release Code of Princess which came out the same week as FE in Japan I believe. I find it kind of hard to think that NoA would bring CoP over but not FE when FE completely blew away CoP on the release day. I mean really....if they want money makers than I'm sure they would bring over FE as well.

Atlus picked up Code of Princess, not Nintendo.

Edited by Lord Glenn

True, I had not thought of that.

Maybe someone else would pick up FE? or would that never happen?

I would imagine that it would be extremely unlikely since it's a "core" Nintendo property; I don't know the details, but The Last Story might lend some promise to the possibility. I know that Nintendo basically commissioned Mistwalker to make the title (along with them giving similar instructions to Monolith Soft for Xenoblade), but I don't know who retained the IP rights. If the property is Mistwalker's, that might explain why XSEED was able to convince Nintendo into letting them localize and publish it over here in North America. If that's the case, then I'd imagine that FE would be out of the question. If not, then who knows.

EDIT - Trevor Belmont is rumor no more:

Mirror of Fate trailer

Young Simon makes a brief appearance too.

Edited by Lord Glenn

On unrelated note , as anyone else disappointed with the new dead space demo , seems like all the survival horror elements are gone .It seemed like it was just an fps in space . I mean come on co-op , that seems to be in total opposition to the mood of the previous titles . Dead Space was all about Issac tip toeing through cramp isolated hallways , alone with very little interaction with other people . Now he's jumping around , with a some marine type shouting one liners , in well lit open areas. It doesn't even seem like necromorphs are a major threat anymore . Maybe I'm just overreacting but it just doesn't seem the same.

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

It looks clunky. But we won't know until we play/see a video of the game.

On unrelated note , as anyone else disappointed with the new dead space demo , seems like all the survival horror elements are gone .It seemed like it was just an fps in space . I mean come on co-op , that seems to be in total opposition to the mood of the previous titles . Dead Space was all about Issac tip toeing through cramp isolated hallways , alone with very little interaction with other people . Now he's jumping around , with a some marine type shouting one liners , in well lit open areas. It doesn't even seem like necromorphs are a major threat anymore . Maybe I'm just overreacting but it just doesn't seem the same.

I agree. It no longer seems haunting anymore. Co-op takes the feel of being alone in space with twisted monsters trying to kill you away. It looks likes Halo now.

Edited by Madam Red

Nintendo is having their live blog conference right now. It started late, and they're only talking about Nintendo land atm.

Haha, oh wow CNN

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/05/tech/gaming-gadgets/wii-u-demo-e3/

"Hard to say at this point, but the Wii U is a solid accessory that will bring a fresh element to Nintendo gaming."

Edited by Blademaster!

Nintendo is having their live blog conference right now. It started late, and they're only talking about Nintendo land atm.

Haha, oh wow CNN

http://edition.cnn.c.../wii-u-demo-e3/

"Hard to say at this point, but the Wii U is a solid accessory that will bring a fresh element to Nintendo gaming."

Ahahaha...

They just should stay away from video games >.>

Haha, oh wow CNN

http://edition.cnn.c.../wii-u-demo-e3/

Woooooooow... That is really really sad.

I completely blame Nintendo for this one though; normal people are not going to realize it is a new system. They made the same mistake with the 3DS. :/

Edited by eCut

Woooooooow... That is really really sad.

I completely blame Nintendo for this one though; normal people are not going to release it is a new system. They made the same mistake with the 3DS. :/

Yeah my friend refused to acknowledge the 3DS as anything more than "a DS that's 3D"... She's a complete fucking idiot though, so I don't put too much stock in that. :3 Imo, it's easy enough to figure out it IS a new system, but most people don't even bother looking it up, especially after the DS, then DS Lite, then DSi, people are just fed up with this DS stuff I think XD

Then they start looking like they're doing the same with the Wii line, I can see people getting confused.

Yeah my friend refused to acknowledge the 3DS as anything more than "a DS that's 3D"... She's a complete fucking idiot though, so I don't put too much stock in that. :3 Imo, it's easy enough to figure out it IS a new system, but most people don't even bother looking it up, especially after the DS, then DS Lite, then DSi, people are just fed up with this DS stuff I think XD

Then they start looking like they're doing the same with the Wii line, I can see people getting confused.

If they had just called it the Wii2 (pronounces [wee-nee] in Japanese, lololol) then that wouldn't be an issue.

Yes. You are a horrible person.

JK,JK.

I hope we get something good tomorrow, even if it isn't FE.

:<

Me too! Although... I was thinking of selling my 3DS because I don't really use it anymore. (Even for earlier DS games. :I) BUT THAT"S FOR ANOTHER THREAD OR SOMETHING SINCE THIS TOPIC SHOULD NOT BE DERAILED~

So, um... yeah.

Edited by Esme

Just got back from class. I forgot that Altus was the one that picked up Code of Princess, I trying to type the post quickly before I ran out the door to the class but I really should have caught that.

E3 to me has been a total train wreck the last few years....Nintendo pads themselves with things like Zelda and Metroid which just gets redundant when you see the same type of thing happening every year. This year it was Pikmin 3 but that's fine because the game is something that people have been expecting for too long now. I started loosing interest the year that the xBox announced the Kinect. My point in all of this is that I won't be too disappointed if I don't see FE13 during e3 since I didn't have spectacular expectations for it, although it seems like the most logical time/place for Nintendo to bring it up.

I think the game industry needs some new spice, like some new smash hit game on par with the creation of the Zelda or Mario franchise perhaps. Maybe something specifically designed for this era of gamers.