Who will they unveil FE13 for?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will they unveil Fe13?

2. 2. If Yes, Where

• Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Asia (Excluding Japan)
    • Oceiania (I.e. Australia, New Zeland etc.)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping it will be revealed in E3...

Otherwise, I'll be disappointed (For the fact that it may not be released in america)...dry.gif

It was already confirmed for Europe. :-_-:

I meant release date..... Sorry. I do/ say/ write stupid stuff when I'm tired.

And I have no idea why I posted it twice. Probably happened while I was editing the poll.

Edited by GoldenEmblem7

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but where what website would be live streaming the Nintendo conference? 1st live E3 ever so bit confused.

I believe X-play does it... and so does the nintendo website iirc.

Off topic, but didn't Sezzler leave Xplay? He ed the only one that I looked foward to when watching to

Yes. I think he left the station entirely, which is a good thing, as it's been shit for almost a decade now. Once the G4 merger happened with TechTV, it all spiraled into mush.

Just gonna crosspost my comments from the other, now locked thread. No sense in typing the same damn thing up a second time.

So far, I think Ubisoft has had the best showing. Sure, they get shit for SecuROM and a bunch of their other previous actions, but you can't deny the relative impressiveness that they've shown of late. Splinter Cell Blacklist looks like it'll be the FE13 of its series, combining the best elements of the previous games into one and adding some improvements (and one step backwards, with no Michael Ironside as Fisher's VA). Assassin's Creed III actually looks like it might finally take the next step of progression that the series needs to. And, if Watch_Dogs wasn't a surprise new IP announcement (and an awesome one at that), I don't know what is.

EA had the typical stuff that you've come to expect out of them. The only remotely good segment, IMHO, was when Michael Irvin came on stage; you never know what he's going to say in any given situation and his comment about Twitter vs. the News at 11 was pretty funny.

And, as usual, Microsoft showcased basically the same stuff as the past few years. Halo 4 looked pretty sweet; 343 looks to have been the right choice to pass the franchise onto. Wreckateer is basically Angry Birds + Kinect, which, along with Xbox SmartGlass, just further shows that Microsoft and Sony can't think up anything on their own and need to resort to pilfering from other companies to get their ideas. Oh, and Black Ops 2... Look, I'm not a huge Call of Duty guy (I'll jam in some social multiplayer if a friend is playing it and I'm there, but I never buy the games myself), but Black Ops 2 might change that; it impressed me that much.

EDIT - As for FE13, I'm a bit torn; On one hand, if the possibility of lower than needed sales was the reason that FE12 wasn't localized (and, as far as I know, no one knows what the actual reason is), then I don't see how FE13 becomes likely in North America. With the way the market is, you're just not going to get a magical improvement in sales by shifting to a new platform. Not to mention, you can't really cite the Japanese record sales numbers for it, because one can easily speculate that many sales were from returning series vets that liked the return of mechanics and characters that have fallen by the wayside since their inception; if they were in it just because it was an original title instead of a remake FE9 and FE10 would have had better sales than they did. (Well, marginally, given Japan's preference of handheld titles.)

On the other hand, the 3DS is still very young and in need of true, game-defining titles for a while, and FE13 seems to be pretty solid (I personally haven't payed much attention to it, in the event that it *is* localized) and a great fit for owners looking for a new game for the system. Given that the 3DS doesn't have the install base of the DS, I don't know if Nintendo would want to take a risk* on localizing FE13 and not seeing a return on their investment. Perhaps they'll wait and see how it does in Europe first, as with the Operation Rainfall titles.

*Considering that they obviously didn't want to take a risk on Xenoblade and The Last Story (and relied on a small print run and limited distribution for the former and an external company for the latter), I think that might speak to NoA's corporate mindset.

Edited by Lord Glenn