FE:Awakening confirmed for North America

eCut

I wondered if they will name Celice as Serlis for the American version or/and including Europe version of Awakening also since "Serlis" is his official localized name mention that got mentioned outside of Japan. Along with Alm and Cellica as Celica.

Now if only they'd make enough money from this game and bring over FE12 stateside. Because of bad money is why that game didn't get brought outside of Japan. If by some miracle that game gets brought over here..I'd already be unconscious on the floor right now. =)

EDIT: Hey, it could happen. =)

[citation needed]

People tell me that Shadow Dragon sold badly but I've never seen any concrete evidence, aside from vgchartz links that say that it sold somewhat worse than FE7 and FE8, but better than FE9 and FE10. And even if it sold worse, there's no evidence that it was because of Gaiden requirements.

There is still evidence though that some people in NA fear perma death is why FE isn't selling well like Zelda, Mario, etc. .___.

Vgchartz is not a reliable source and not trust worthy also.

Or I'm in the conclusion that NA isn't into RPG's much. Cuz why else would both FE and Mother sell like crap?

Actually, there was a english prototype version of Mother 1 that exists for the NES (titled as Earthbound - I am not talking about the SNES sequel).

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, maybe a good campagin for FE would go along the lines of "Overcome death and adversity to defeat the Dark Dragon Gimle, in the new Fire Emblem: Awakening, for the Nintendo 3DS!" Rated T for Teen.

Guess its no wonder that it took fan outcries and media coverage for Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower to launch in America, and for any game in the Fire Emblem series to be localized. If anything, if Marth and Roy were removed from SSBM, there would be no Serenes Forest as big as this. Not even FESS would exist on this level.

Who knows? If sales for FE13're like, sky high, almost to Pokémon mainline series game levels, then the status quo would be much better.

In the past, I'd say development costs being so low made it worth it to localize many titles. As development costs keep rising, it takes more sales to make a localization worth it in the end.

I'd argue it was the state of Wii's health at the time that prevented Xenoblade and The Last Story from initially being announced. It was a similar situation to the DS Fire Emblem.

If FE13 sells as much as pokemon, I will eat a hat. That level of success...is nearly unheard outside of really big name franchises.

I don't know about Pokemon-level sales (that'd be insane) but I expect this to sell really well over here. A LOT of people over at the IGN boards have been hyped about this game getting announced for localization; it pretty much "saved E3" for a lot of them that were disappointed by Nintendo's presentations.

There's also the fact that Nintendo may make this a digital title as well as retail, like they are with New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Huh, I heard about that specifically for Luigi's Mansion 2. Seems like they're getting to like these double-releases; we'll have to see how the impact turns out.

Huh, I heard about that specifically for Luigi's Mansion 2. Seems like they're getting to like these double-releases; we'll have to see how the impact turns out.

I believe they intend to do it for NSMB2 as well.

Fire Emblem and the Mother series sold poorly in America because they were under-marketed--not many people know them either way, so it seemed pointless to almost market something new. People are comfortable with what they know, like Pokémon, Mario, or Zelda.

Well...blame Nintendo. They decided to censor this from us because they we knew that we weren't like the Japanese folks. Of course out in America, there are rare folks like myself that always liked to exercise the mind and not just playing repetitive games of just I deck u and I w1n. They've even refused to bring Super Mario Lost Levels over for the NES due to the same reason. That it was too difficult for us Americans and that we couldn't use our heads to get through. They must think were stupid, or something. But not everyone outside of Asia is stupid ya know.

Fire Emblem, however, sold much better as it was a hit with the Japanese, which brought a strategic breath of fresh air into their favorite genre of RPG's. It also suited their gaming culture of being guided, strategizing, possibly experiencing a great story and looking for solutions to difficult problems, making it pretty popular.

In America (or even countries that aren't Japan), however, games like FE seemed too hard, too tedious and too boring, as many games were much more focused on immersion, having more control of the character himself/herself more than being his/her guide, and not having to pray to the Random Number Goddess that is Anna the Celestial and Unforgiving utilizing a plot that was simple enough for players to disregard just so they could play the game and have fun--which is one of the reasons why so many games are accused of having bad writing no matter what. No game seems to be marketed for its story, systems, genre and style. Many companies just market games for what makes them fun or what they really are, like "Be your true mind." or "Be a bad enough dude to rescue the President."

Or maybe their just stupid.

Honestly, they don't like using their heads like the Japanese folks and us, and me do. In honest truth, I've always looked for games like this in my youth. That's why I've played FFT at such a young age (9). And Final Fantasy cuz that sorta exercised your mind too. As u have to think of stats and strategise in some tough battles to get through. Like Skull Eater for example in FF5. This game too wasn't localized on the SNES, cuz Square at first thought we were stupid. Luckily they've redeemed themselves for the re-release on the Playstation by fandom demand of course. I've always liked games that exercised your mind and not just using brute force, I deck u and I w1n, and character-ism just to get through a game. And if Marth and Roy weren't in SSBM, some, or like most of us would not know of this series' existence and would have permanently missed out on an awesome series as this. =)

Ahh, maybe a good campagin for FE would go along the lines of "Overcome death and adversity to defeat the Dark Dragon Gimle, in the new Fire Emblem: Awakening, for the Nintendo 3DS!" Rated T for Teen.

Very likely that's what the rating will be because of localization trouble.

I wondered if they will name Celice as Serlis for the American version or/and including Europe version of Awakening also since "Serlis" is his official localized name mention that got mentioned outside of Japan. Along with Alm and Cellica as Celica.

Yep.

Actually, there was a english prototype version of Mother 1 that exists for the NES (titled as Earthbound - I am not talking about the SNES sequel).

Wow. =o

Never knew.

Mother 3 however, it is one of the best games that I have ever played. =)

Edited by アイネ

*quote dissection*

Are you kidding? Thanks to the RNG and the calculations that come with manipulating it, I've been using this series to help myself get better at Math! :D

Aaaaaaand yet somehow, companies think we are still stupid. But they have to do that to some degree in order to make money, as that to them is probably their biggest demographic, which is known as the Lowest Common Denominator. As they are common and aren't as knowledgeable when it comes to video gaming, don't take games as seriously as we do, Nintendo had to shift many of their marketing strategies to non-gamers, who are their own LCD. Before, Nintendo (along with several other video game companies) think that we were the LCD, because regardless of personality traits, to them, we just bought video games because we liked them to death. Bringing in non-gamers to video game series before the Wii came in was something really untried and unfamiliar.

Unless companies change their minds about gamers and newfound consumers being stupid (or maybe they're just pretending that we are, but either way we need to shape up), games like FE may have a lower chance of coming over to other countries that aren't Japanese. Things have been changing, but not as fast as they should be.

Are you kidding? Thanks to the RNG and the calculations that come with manipulating it, I've been using this series to help myself get better at Math! :D

Exactly. That's why games like FFT, Resident Evil, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, other RPG's are great to have. As they provide some education, unlike adventure games. Like Final Fantasy for instance, would provide puzzles to get through some dungeons. In fact, they have this feature in many genre RPG's, and first person shooters like Resident Evil as to not make it too repetitive and boring.

Aaaaaaand yet somehow, companies think we are still stupid. But they have to do that to some degree in order to make money, as that to them is probably their biggest demographic, which is known as the Lowest Common Denominator. As they are common and aren't as knowledgeable when it comes to video gaming, don't take games as seriously as we do, Nintendo had to shift many of their marketing strategies to non-gamers, who are their own LCD. Before, Nintendo (along with several other video game companies) think that we were the LCD, because regardless of personality traits, to them, we just bought video games because we liked them to death. Bringing in non-gamers to video game series before the Wii came in was something really untried and unfamiliar.

Well...being careful with their profits is always any companies number #1 priority.

Unless companies change their minds about gamers and newfound consumers being stupid (or maybe they're just pretending that we are, but either way we need to shape up), games like FE may have a lower chance of coming over to other countries that aren't Japanese. Things have been changing, but not as fast as they should be.

Translations costing money makes localizations like these very difficult. Not to mention giving the hackers time to exercise their ROM hacking minds to hell to make these Japan only games playable in other language barriers. But FE has been by far one of the most educational series to ever boot in our area. As not only to strategize to get through them, but many have actually succumbed to studying Japanese to get a better understanding of the Japan only game stories and their ways of thinking.

Edited by アイネ

I don't know about Pokemon-level sales (that'd be insane) but I expect this to sell really well over here. A LOT of people over at the IGN boards have been hyped about this game getting announced for localization; it pretty much "saved E3" for a lot of them that were disappointed by Nintendo's presentations.

There's also the fact that Nintendo may make this a digital title as well as retail, like they are with New Super Mario Bros. 2.

I agree. Obviously, at fan sites like here, the reactions will be overwhelmingly positive, so you can't gauge the general reaction, but even outside here, people have been incredibly excited. The quote "this gives me a reason to buy a 3DS, finally" has been uttered so many times because of this confirmation...

FE isn't even that huge of a franchise over here.. at least, not big enough to normally garner such a positive reaction. People seem to have been really impressed by the new design and look of the game. I know I was.

"No Fire Emblem" was a top 10 trending twitter after the 3DS conference.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

No kidding.

This game is now one of the top ten best selling games of the year.

ShockingAlberto from the NeoGAF forums (a guy who is confirmed to have contacts in the industry) said the game is indeed being localized by Treehouse (the in-house localization team at NoA), meaning NoA won't be banking on the European localization (like they did with the Rainfall games) or handing it to an outside company (like they did with Shadow Dragon).

(Too many parenthesis in this post).

ShockingAlberto from the NeoGAF forums (a guy who is confirmed to have contacts in the industry) said the game is indeed being localized by Treehouse (the in-house localization team at NoA), meaning NoA won't be banking on the European localization (like they did with the Rainfall games) or handing it to an outside company (like they did with Shadow Dragon).

(Too many parenthesis in this post).

Glad to hear. I like Tree House.

That's something I was curious about as well, but I doubt Treehouse or NoA is going to tell us something like that.

I'd imagine pretty far off considering they didn't plan on announcing it yet. It's most likely a 2013 title.

It was pretty obvious that NoA would translate Awakening. Why else would they release Sacred Stones, one of the most beginner friendly FE games, as an ambassador title? wink.gif

Because New Mystery, which was a sequel to a game that we did get in the U.S. and included the most beginner friendly mode (Casual) for the very first time, did not get translated. I think that's why most people were woried, it certainly was why I was.