FE:Awakening confirmed for North America

eCut

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. I could see through the GS exclusivity of Xenoblade: Retailer exclusives have always failed HARD, so they were setting it up to fail to be able to hold it against any request to release games in the future.

The attempt failed and NoA has given its success very little fanfare (esp compared to NoE, who played it up for all it is worth)

I think I saw a movie about this sort of thing once. It was called "The Producers."

I cannot understand how Nintendo decides what gets sent over seas or not. Historically, overseas sales for FE games in the US have always outdone the Japanese sales by a great deal.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fire+emblem North American Sales have usually made up 50% of all total sales for the games which have been released overseas. If anything, it makes more sense to not sell the game in Europe than in North America. Yet, there have been Europe/Australia releases only.

I cannot understand how Nintendo decides what gets sent over seas or not. Historically, overseas sales for FE games in the US have always outdone the Japanese sales by a great deal.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fire+emblem North American Sales have usually made up 50% of all total sales for the games which have been released overseas. If anything, it makes more sense to not sell the game in Europe than in North America. Yet, there have been Europe/Australia releases only.

Hm? Nintendo just officially announced FE13 for America.

That's good news for sure.

Don't know why people are so shocked/annoyed by Nintendo not announcing such in E3 though. E3 isn't like it was in the past. Nowadays, it's more of a convention for companies to show investors "how they are appealing to larger markets!" Not saying that's a good thing, but that's why we get things like Xbox trying to go mass Kinect during their E3 presentation ("We're expanding into the motion-based gaming market!"). You'll get the occasional game trailers like Watch Dogs, but you'll see much less of upcoming game advertising and more investor-pandering.

Edited by Tordo

That's good news for sure.

Don't know why people are so shocked/annoyed by Nintendo not announcing such in E3 though. E3 isn't like it was in the past. Nowadays, it's more of a convention for companies to show investors "how they are appealing to larger markets!" Not saying that's a good thing, but that's why we get things like Xbox trying to go mass Kinect during their E3 presentation ("We're expanding into the motion-based gaming market!"). You'll get the occasional game trailers like Watch Dogs, but you'll see much less of upcoming game advertising and more investor-pandering.

Thanks for putting this into words ^_^ Although, Ubisoft is a bit of an odd one, where they show something nice but end up shoveling out Imagine! Baby crap.

So, it seems all their conferences were focused on 2012 releases, 3DS conference included. So, it's reasonable to say that FE13 is coming next year, and that's probably the reason they didn't mention it.

Also, NeoGAF poster claims Treehouse is doing the translation. EDIT: he works for Treehouse. So yeah.

Also, according to Nintendo World Report, Reggie told Schreier before he realized it wasn't in the press kit. So they were going to release Fire Emblem without saying a word about it, the bastards.

Edited by The Awesomest

http://www.vgchartz....ame=fire+emblem North American Sales have usually made up 50% of all total sales for the games which have been released overseas. If anything, it makes more sense to not sell the game in Europe than in North America. Yet, there have been Europe/Australia releases only.

Vgchartz is not a reliable source. Please don't cite it as one.

The kids theses days are into brown and gray military first person shooters! Fire emblem has too much color and not enough guns to be not risky.

Also, according to Nintendo World Report, Reggie told Schreier before he realized it wasn't in the press kit. So they were going to release Fire Emblem without saying a word about it, the bastards.

Well, Nintendo tends to announce things only a small amount of time before they're coming out, right? It could have been that they didn't want to announce it YET, but it slipped early.

I was going to make a topic about this but I was going to say that this game is getting a release in North America.

Read

http://nintendoeverything.com/90818/fire-emblem-awakening-heading-to-north-america-apparently/

Vgchartz is not a reliable source. Please don't cite it as one.

The kids theses days are into brown and gray military first person shooters! Fire emblem has too much color and not enough guns to be not risky.

Not to mention they require a wee bit more thought beyond walk, walk, shoot, duck.

This can't end well. It's obviously a lie done by Nintendo to buy time after the disaster that was E3.

Although if true, it'll change the way I think about this year's E3 to this.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhalo4zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwatchdogszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpikmin3zpapermariozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oh it's already over? FAIL, back to Diablo 3, maybe I'll get a sweet rare thi- :Nino:

(the :Nino: represents Fire Emblem)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH! FINALLY! YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT! THAT'S RIGHT! THAT'S RIGHT! FINALLY! OH, YES! (As you can see, I'm a little excited. I just woke up.)

Edit: Wait it's not 100% reliable? Awwwwwwwww...... I still believe!

Edited by I don't play for turns

YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

...........................................................You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack.PSI Oh shi-. YES.

Edited by アイネ

snipYou cannot grasp the attack of Giygas.snip

It was "You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!"

And as I said, I still doubt FE13 will ever come out over here. I'll doubt it even if I PLAY IT.

Past sources might have not have been 100% reliable, but NOA's Twitter account is about as reliable as you can get. I also double checked and it's definitely their official account, which is linked from the E3 2012 press site.

Anyway, this is awesome news, although I'm still having trouble trying to forget about this year's lacklustre E3 presentations. I'm still tired from staying up last time night to watch that predictably totally unnecessary 3DS presentation >___<

Good news: I no longer have to buy a Japanese 3DS. :D

Bad news: I still have to try and find FE12 while I'm over here in Japan. you wouldn't believe how fucking hard it is to find this game. FE11 is no big deal, but NOBODY is fucking carrying FE12

Now if only they'd make enough money from this game and bring over FE12 stateside. Because of bad money is why that game didn't get brought outside of Japan. If by some miracle that game gets brought over here..I'd already be unconscious on the floor right now. =)

EDIT: Hey, it could happen. =)

Edited by アイネ