FE:Awakening confirmed for North America

eCut

I guess I'm not a good FE fan anymore. Maybe I can't be one anymore! D=

I paid no attention to E3 at all well I've never really paid attention to it ever so I had no idea any of this stuff had been going on until these topics x3

FE13 should be released in 2013 because it would be funny to me =3

But yeah hooray that it's been announced for here~ I still need a job first though D=

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that Nintendo didn't have the foresight to show... or even MENTION this during their E3 press conference. I don't think i'm going off base by saying FE13 awakening is the best possible thing they could have shown.

(Speaking objectively as possible here*)

Regardless i'm happy, we just avoided another disaster. (I don't think I could stomach another "operation")

Not quite sure why it was "leaked", as in, why it was a secret to begin with. I'm disappointing in Nintendo for treating FE as a complete after thought. First they give us SD but not New Mystery; their entire attitude toward the serie upsets me. With that said, it is nice that it will eventually come to NA, after a grueling 5+ months that is.

Edited by goopy

Honestly, I think there are two reasons the leak could have happened.

1) An elaborate promotion strategy to hype it up - FE was trending on twitter, and it's a fairly niche game. Seeing as Ninty is likely to want to capitalise on DLC, it'd make sense to increase awareness.

2) An actual slip-up because Nintendo is allergic to confirming games a long time in advance. The only real support for this one is the fact that the conference focused on games releasing "This holiday season". As such, if this is the real reason, then FE13 isn't coming over till 2013. In the end, we probably got a confirmation only because it would look bad if Nintendo denied the release after all the fuss.

(New Mystery didn't come over because it's a text-heavy, niche RPG on a dying system. It's no Pokemon in terms of popularity in the end.)

Honestly, I think there are two reasons the leak could have happened.

2) An actual slip-up because Nintendo is allergic to confirming games a long time in advance. The only real support for this one is the fact that the conference focused on games releasing "This holiday season". As such, if this is the real reason, then FE13 isn't coming over till 2013. In the end, we probably got a confirmation only because it would look bad if Nintendo denied the release after all the fuss.

(New Mystery didn't come over because it's a text-heavy, niche RPG on a dying system. It's no Pokemon in terms of popularity in the end.)

It's most likely this. Nintendo has literally been announcing games a mere 2 month's before their release, so this doesn't surprised me that they didn't want to reveal FE yet. Nintendo Direct also makes it easier for them to show their own software when they have more things to show to people.

Also, Fire Emblem is not that popular in main-stream. Having a special section dedicated to it at E3 was not something I expected at all. In fact, I actually got what I was expecting. A small mention that it was coming.

Edited by Shun One

Good news: I no longer have to buy a Japanese 3DS. :D

Bad news: I still have to try and find FE12 while I'm over here in Japan. you wouldn't believe how fucking hard it is to find this game. FE11 is no big deal, but NOBODY is fucking carrying FE12

Go to Amazon, and order it used. Since you're in Japan, they'll ship it to you.

Something tells me if Micaiah's released as DLC here, we'll get Micaiah Rage the Second.

Something tells me if Micaiah's released as DLC here, we'll get Micaiah Rage the Second.

I think I'm going to ignore the DLC announcements the second time around. I really don't want to deal with all the rage about characters not being true to their original appearances for the second time.

On the plus side, if Alm is announced, the "Who is this guy again?" will be hilarious!

Edited by Shun One

Or Nintendo goes the family friendly route and covers up her cleavage-window. Hey, it can happen!

I really want to know what they plan for the Japan-exclusive characters, like Eltshan and Alm. It'd be a bother to get rid of them and replace them with new units, but hardly anyone outside the dedicated fanbase knows about them either :\

Alm's case is probably worse because he comes with his own class.

Go to Amazon, and order it used. Since you're in Japan, they'll ship it to you.

playasia.com sells them too. That's where I've got both my Fuuin No Tsurugi and Shin Monshou No Nazo copies at. Though Fuuin No Tsurugi's copies aren't being sold there anymore. You'd have to get it at E-Bay, or Amazon now. =)

I just go there often with my son...the manager likes him (and elite.vip w/e the power members are called) get perks at that location.

That and, I told him the links over the phone.

And, the impending " is Roy or Marth or Ike in this game" will provide many many laughs.

Or I'm in the conclusion that NA isn't into RPG's much. Cuz why else would both FE and Mother sell like crap?

Because *gasp* maybe people don't like them that much? Oh goodness the revelations! It's not a very well known game in NA and only received attention because of Super Smash Brothers Melee. That's just how it is.

Besides, there are lots of other RPGs on Nintendo consoles that receive a lot of attention. They're just first party.

It's most likely this. Nintendo has literally been announcing games a mere 2 month's before their release, so this doesn't surprised me that they didn't want to reveal FE yet. Nintendo Direct also makes it easier for them to show their own software when they have more things to show to people.

Also, Fire Emblem is not that popular in main-stream. Having a special section dedicated to it at E3 was not something I expected at all. In fact, I actually got what I was expecting. A small mention that it was coming.

Fire Emblem and the Mother series sold poorly in America because they were under-marketed--not many people know them either way, so it seemed pointless to almost market something new. People are comfortable with what they know, like Pokémon, Mario, or Zelda. Also, not many people seem to like RPG's--everyone seems to like WOS's like Grand Theft Auto, Action-Adventures like God of War and Uncharted (Zelda isn't mentioned here for a reason), Sports-based Games like NBA2K12 and of course the quintessential FPS. RPG's (and anything that may be remotely related to Nintendo) can come off as too kiddy, too girly, or even too insubstantial for the BAWWW GRIMDARK VIOLENCE BLOODBLOODBLOOD BOOBIES crowd of 12-year olds in the back row who're asking "What is this?" to any game boxart that can potentially turn them off from the product itself.

Both the FE and Mother series sold great in Japan because they were RPG's, which can be their analogue to FPS's. Look at the sales of any installment of Monster Hunter over there compared to any game of the Call of Duty franchise, and you'll see something in common. Inb4 someone says they sold like hotcakes.

Even then, Mother was selling pretty well--albeit not that well compared to FF, FE and especially DQ--just because it was produced, designed and formulated by Shigesato Itoi, who is somewhat like the Japanese James Franco, albeit much older.

Fire Emblem, however, sold much better as it was a hit with the Japanese, which brought a strategic breath of fresh air into their favorite genre of RPG's. It also suited their gaming culture of being guided, strategizing, possibly experiencing a great story and looking for solutions to difficult problems, making it pretty popular.

In America (or even countries that aren't Japan), however, games like FE seemed too hard, too tedious and too boring, as many games were much more focused on immersion, having more control of the character himself/herself more than being his/her guide, and not having to pray to the Random Number Goddess that is Anna the Celestial and Unforgiving utilizing a plot that was simple enough for players to disregard just so they could play the game and have fun--which is one of the reasons why so many games are accused of having bad writing no matter what. No game seems to be marketed for its story, systems, genre and style. Many companies just market games for what makes them fun or what they really are, like "Be your true mind." or "Be a bad enough dude to rescue the President."

Ahh, maybe a good campagin for FE would go along the lines of "Overcome death and adversity to defeat the Dark Dragon Gimle, in the new Fire Emblem: Awakening, for the Nintendo 3DS!" Rated T for Teen.

Guess its no wonder that it took fan outcries and media coverage for Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower to launch in America, and for any game in the Fire Emblem series to be localized. If anything, if Marth and Roy were removed from SSBM, there would be no Serenes Forest as big as this. Not even FESS would exist on this level.

Who knows? If sales for FE13're like, sky high, almost to Pokémon mainline series game levels, then the status quo would be much better.

I just go there often with my son...the manager likes him (and elite.vip w/e the power members are called) get perks at that location.

That and, I told him the links over the phone.

And, the impending " is Roy or Marth or Ike in this game" will provide many many laughs.

EDIT: You have a son!? Y I NO KNO DISSSSS

Edited by VulneqSVB/=

But yeah hooray that it's been announced for here~ I still need a job first though D=

It is almost certainly coming in 2013, because Nintendo was using E3 to focus on games coming in the short term. Paper Mario was shown, Paper Mario is coming this year. Animal Crossing was not shown and is probably not coming this year. Plus the entire WiiU conference was focused on launch and launch-window games.

Here's what happened, straight from Jason Schreier himself:

I said "hey Reggie, is Fire Emblem coming?" He said "Yes." I did a double take and said "wait, Fire Emblem 3DS is coming to the US?" He said yep again and mentioned that it was in the press materials, which as far as I know it wasn't.

I don't know if it was necessarily a screw-up, but who knows.

Edited by The Awesomest

So let me sum this up. Fire Emblem Awakening, the game that's supposed to be one of the front runners for Nintendo's DLC, was not only not shown at the E3 video conference, but it was confirmed by accident in the aftermath of said video conference.

Not that i'm complianing or anything but marketing wise, this makes no sense. Then again I'm talking about the same guys that didn't want to release the already translated in english "Operation Rainfall trilogy" so what do I know?

I guess I'm not a good FE fan anymore. Maybe I can't be one anymore! D=

I paid no attention to E3 at all well I've never really paid attention to it ever so I had no idea any of this stuff had been going on until these topics x3

Its ok. I hate E3. Really i do. It makes the interwebz a frothing mess. So i avoid it. I just read topics about it and see whats coming.

Im just glad the game is coming. Its pretty cool to have a new FE coming out.

So let me sum this up. Fire Emblem Awakening, the game that's supposed to be one of the front runners for Nintendo's DLC, was not only not shown at the E3 video conference, but it was confirmed by accident in the aftermath of said video conference.

Not that i'm complianing or anything but marketing wise, this makes no sense. Then again I'm talking about the same guys that didn't want to release the already translated in english "Operation Rainfall trilogy" so what do I know?

Reggie accidentally told a guy from kotaku that it was coming to the US because he forgot that it wasn't in the press kit and the guy apparently kept asking about it.There is no marketing behind it ,it was a mistake , the only reason NoA "announced" it is because not doing would make their CEO look stupid for forgetting things plus they showed no new games at e3 so it adds to how stupid they would look if they didn't say something about a new game that has clearly been planned.

Bullshit. The end of the world was predicted LONG before the calenders we have today were made. So going by that the end of the world happend 1 year ago so were fine.

Rofl did you actually think he was serious.

Edited by Terper